Who doesn’t want luscious lips? Women spend lots of money on cosmetics. Most of them pay attention to the face, eyes, hair but what about lips?
Obviously we pay attention to our lips as well but just using lipstick, lip gloss, lip balms isn’t really enough to get beautiful and lips. In India, we mostly don’t pay attention towards making our lips appear naturally beautiful. It’s quite easy to get luscious and beautiful lips.
Mentioned below are few tips which may help you get beautiful lips. Other than these tips, make sure you take a healthy diet and stay physically healthy. For beautiful lips, you should have enough blood in your body as well.
[ Read: Get Rid of Dark Lips ]
How To Get Luscious Lips:
1. Exfoliate daily:
a. Exfoliate Using A Soft Brush:
Get a good baby brush or a brush with very soft bristles and exfoliate your lips gently every day in the morning. Remove those dead cells of the extra peeling layer. Don’t use your regular brush. It is very harsh on the super sensitive skin of your lips. It may injure too. So, get a soft bristled brush and remember to exfoliate regularly.
It is one of the important steps that most women don’t do at all. You can use your regular toothpaste on the brush to exfoliate but it’ll definitely dry your lips. So don’t forget to moisturize after exfoliating the dead cells.
b. Exfoliate With Napkin Or A Soft Cloth:
But if you are not comfortable with this method and scared of hurting yourself, you can use a smooth napkin or just a cotton cloth instead of a brush. Even this can do much for your sensitive lips. Just wet the cloth and gently wipe your lips with it daily. See that the cloth isn’t rough on your skin and if you wish you can use toothpaste also. Simply rub the toothpaste with the cloth or the napkin.
c. Exfoliate With A Home Made Scrub:
You can also go for homemade scrubs. Just take some sugar, add few drops of lemon or honey and gently scrub your lips with it. Sugar scrub is the best scrub for your lips. Don’t forget to do it regularly.
[ Read: How To Get The Perfect Red Pout ]
Choose a good lip balm to moisturize your lips. Don’t let them dry at all. See that it has enough SPF protection so that it can protect you from the harmful sun rays and their side effects, that is, pigmentation. Apply after brushing your teeth in the morning and afternoon. Also before going to sleep, don’t forget to moisturize your lips. Always carry a lip balm with you. Some lipsticks dry and chap the lips. So it is always advisable to use a good lip balm underneath your lipstick.
These were the two most essential steps to be followed by everyone. Now a few more tips that will help you get even better lips are discussed below:
3. Oils For Your Lips:
Many of you already know about this tip. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, Vitamin E, coco butter before sleep and keep it overnight. This will supple your lips. In this case, you can skip lip balm.
[ Read: Beauty Tips For Dry Lips ]
4. Get Rid Of Pigmentation:
Pigmentation is quite common these days. So it’s important to get rid of it for beautiful and luscious lips, and for that nothing can beat a DIY. There are many ways and recipes among which the simplest method is to mix few drops of lemon juice with few drops of honey and apply it to the lips. Leave it for few minutes like a pack and wash it. If you wish, you can add some sugar to it and use it as a scrub too.
Always choose your products wisely. Get lip liner and lipstick of the same shade. Always get a lipstick which stays long and doesn’t transfer when you eat or drink. Also, get a foundation, talcum powder, lip brush and a tissue paper. I’ll not discuss the process in detail but will give you an idea.
- First of all, use a good lip balm with enough SPF in it. Wait for few minutes to let the lips absorb it properly. Now use a lip liner. Take the foundation on your finger tip and apply to your lips.
- Then apply a layer of lipstick with a lip brush. A brush can help you apply the lipstick with uniformity. Sprinkle some talcum powder on your lips to make the layer settle. This will help the lipstick stay longer.
- Now apply another layer of lipstick. Swipe more times if required but do not apply a thick layer. A thick layer will easily fade but thin multiple layers last long.
- Now take the tissue and remove the excess lipstick from your lips by gently dabbing. Now if required, use a good lip gloss whose shade should be almost close to that of your lipstick.
So it isn’t really difficult to get luscious lips if you take care of them regularly. It is not possible to get them all of a sudden. So, follow these simple steps regularly and I’m sure you will definitely get your dream lips.
Latest posts by Gayatri (see all)
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Hyacinth Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 25, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rue Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 23, 2014
- Top 10 Made In India Cosmetic Brands - November 6, 2013
- 13 Simple Tips To Get Perfect Legs - October 15, 2013
- 23 Amazing Benefits Of Primrose Oil For Skin, Hair And Health - August 31, 2013