Full eyebrows are considered as the most attractive features of the face. Your eyebrows frame your face structure, so it is a no brainer that styling your eyebrows is more important than any kind of eye makeup! But, the recent trend popularized by makeup artists, magazine designers and fashion designers is the opposite end of the full eyebrow spectrum – bleached eyebrows!
Bleached eyebrows are nothing but simply making your eyebrows less visible. As the name suggests, your eyebrows are bleached with a chemical agent to make them appear faded and less noticeable. Bleached eyebrows are unique and can completely transform one’s face. The popularity of bleached eyebrows has skyrocketed, with Hollywood celebrities like Kendall Jenner sporting it with aplomb.
[ Read: Perfect Eyebrows Using Eyebrow Razor ]
How To Bleach Your Own Brows:
Do bleached eyebrows seem like ‘your’ thing? Then you should definitely give them a try! Here’s a step by step guide to help you get the perfectly bleached eyebrows:
- Facial bleach (you can use any hair or face bleach)
- Spoolie or you can use a clean cosmetic wand
- Vaseline (optional)
How To Bleach Your Eyebrows?
- Start out with clean and neatly groomed eyebrows. Perfect the shape of your eyebrows and tweeze them if there is any stray hair around your eyebrows.
- Then, take a clean cotton swab and take some Vaseline on it. Apply it around your eyebrows lightly. This step can be skipped but it helps in preventing the bleach agent from coming in contact with your skin to avoid any irritation. If you have freshly tweezed your eyebrows, then it is best to apply Vaseline as the strong formula of the bleach can irritate or burn your tweezed skin.
- The next step is to start mixing your bleach. Just follow the instructions printed on the bleach box to mix the ingredients. Then, take a spoolie or a clean mascara wand and gently comb your eyebrows. As we want to achieve even and uniform bleaching for the eyebrows, make sure to work the spoolie or any cosmetic wand back and forth to allow even coating.
- Now, apply the bleach mixture and coat your eyebrows completely. As shown in the image, your eyebrows should be completely covered with the bleach mix.
- Then, leave the mixture for 10 minutes. However the time required for bleaching depends upon your preference. If you want to only lighten them mildly, then you can leave it for only 5 to 6 minutes. But, if you want pale eyebrows, then leave the mixture on for good 10 minutes.
- Now, remove your bleach mixture using a cotton pad or damp cloth.
- Then rinse your eyebrows and pat dry.
- This step is optional. You can make the bleached eyebrows look slightly neutral without looking completely pale by applying some dying or toning shampoo to your eyebrows and leave them for 10 minutes again.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- And you are done!
[ Read: Easy Tips To Shape Your Eyebrows ]
Tips To Get The Perfect Bleached Eyebrows:
- If you have very fine or very sparse eyebrows, then bleaching mixture will react faster. So, it is best to keep a very close eye on them. Test them with a cotton swab around 3 to 5 minutes, and if it did not bleach, leave it for another 2 minutes.
- If you have really dark brown or black eyebrows, then you might notice your eyebrows turn orange or brassy. So, you can tone or dye them after bleaching your eyebrows with a bleach mixture.
- If your eyebrows appear very light or orange after bleaching, you needn’t panic. It will fade away within 5 to 6 days and turn neutral. You could also fill them with a slightly darker eyebrow gel or powder to make the orangey or any lighter tone appear less noticeable.
- If you are using a dye or toner to neutralize the paleness of your eyebrows, then apply it with extreme caution to avoid the dye get inside your eyes. Apply a very tiny amount of the product with a Q-tip and overload them.
[ Read: Make Eyebrow Mousse At Home ]
Bleached eyebrows are extremely fashionable for people like you. Give it a try and shock the world!
Do you like bleaching your eyebrows? Have you tried bleaching them? What do you think of the bleach eyebrow trend? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- 13 Easy Tips To Shape Your Eyebrows
- How to Tweeze Your Eyebrows?
- How To Get Perfect Arched Eyebrows?
- 10 Easy Steps To Get Perfect Eyebrows Using Eyebrow Razor
Latest posts by Pavai (see all)
- 10 Best Nude Eye Pencils Available In India - February 4, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Prevent Hair Color From Staining Skin - January 31, 2015
- 10 Must Have Products For People With Oily Skin - January 29, 2015
- 5 Tools To Apply Your Eyeliner Perfectly - January 29, 2015
- 5 Simple Ways To Lighten Facial Hair Naturally - January 29, 2015