Tired of going on crazy diets? Do you start your day with healthy eating and then end up binging by the end of it? Well, you have clearly been following all the wrong rules for weight loss. It might not be the easiest thing in the world, but surely isn’t as complex as you would like to think.
These 26 simple tips are going to help you shed the weight within a week and you are going to thank us in the end! Keep reading to learn more!
1. Set Realistic Goals:
You must know that weight loss is very challenging. It comes with a price. You have to follow a particular plan in order to get maximum results within the shortest period of time. However you must also remember to be realistic about it. It is not possible to lose 5 kgs in a week. The maximum you can lose is 1 to 2 pound per week (1). It might not be a drastic change but will certainly help you feel light. That tight pair of jeans will fit you better.
2. Set A Time:
Finding other smart ways on how to lose weight in a week? You have to set time for yourself while eating. Paced meals are full of pleasure and trigger hormones of satiety (2). When you gulp down your meat at one go, you often end up over eating. So make sure you set a timer of 20 minutes to build yourself as a slow eater.
3. Eat More Vegetables:
When you are trying to shed weight in a week, it is better to focus on veggies! Eating more fruits and veggies is a natural and quick way to drop the pounds. It is high in fiber and water which fills you up within just a few calories. Cook them perfectly without any added fat. Also add some lemon for seasoning.
4. Soup It!
Soups are a fantastic idea to lose weight. When you drink more soups, you lose more weight. Minestrone, Chinese won-ton and tortilla soups are great choices. Having soups at the beginning of a meal can curb your appetite as a result of which you eat less. Instead of having canned soup, make some at home using lean meat and fresh vegetables. Don’t have creamy soups whatsoever.
5. Whole Grains:
Opting for whole grains is also a good choice. Brown rice, brown bread, whole wheat, oats and buckwheat fall under this category. They fill you up within fewer calories and improve cholesterol levels too.
6. Don’t Eat Bacon:
Skip the bacon. When you are making a sandwich at home, add eggs and veggies if you like. But don’t add bacon at all. This will save 100 calories and help you lose 10 pounds at the end of the year just like that. You can also lose some weight in a week if you keep eating right and exercise.
7. Remove Sugar:
Sugar is the last thing you should think about while trying to lose weight. It contains a lot of calories and fat that lowers your chances of weight loss. It is also difficult to burn all the calories. If you really love sweets, have fruits. Add strawberries, mint and lemon to your drinks to add more taste.
8. Drink Green Tea:
Drinking green tea daily is an excellent strategy for weight loss. Studies have declared that green tea can boost the calorie burning engine in your body temporarily. It is also a refreshing drink that boosts metabolism and removes belly fat easily.
9. Do Some Yoga:
Yoga is also a great way to shed weight. According to the Journal of American Dietetic Association, women who do yoga daily weigh lesser than those who don’t. This practice makes you mindful of what you’re eating and develops self awareness too.
10. Burn Extra 100 Calories:
You can burn extra 100 calories throughout the day by doing a couple of quick and easy exercises. Walk a mile within 20 minutes or clean the house for 30 minutes. You can jog for 10 minutes or just use the skipping rope for the same period of time. This will help you lose weight within a week without dieting.
11. Eat Healthy Snacks:
Eating healthy snacks will also boost your chances of losing more weight. Make sure you carry something nutritious in your bag every time you step out. Fruits, granola bars or a packet of plain popcorn seems a better idea. These low calorie snacks are better than the higher calorie treats (3).
12. Reduce Your Portions:
If you are trying to lose weight within a week, it would be wise to reduce the size of your plate. Eating less means fewer calories. And fewer calories mean more weight loss. When we are dining, we often tend to eat way more than we are supposed to. Cut the portions in half and make sure you are choosing smaller portions. When you are eating at home, remember to keep away yesterdays leftovers. That should also help.
13. Don’t Eat In Front Of The Television:
Keep all distractions away while eating. Turn off the television; stop reading a book or a magazine when you are the dining table. Focus on the food and savour morsel. This habit will increase awareness and help you need as much as you should.
14. No Crispy, Creamy Or Cheesy:
These 3 C’s should be out of your plate. No sauces, fried foods or calorielicious spreads. Skip the cheese when it comes to sandwiches and rolls. Also don’t add mayonnaise or butter while cooking something at home. Add lemon and pepper for zest. Go for broth based soups instead of the creamy ones.
15. Eat Cautiously:
Eat before you are starving and stop before you are full. When we starve, we tend to eat more than we should. This is a disaster. Eat slowly and just before you are about to feel satisfied, stop. Drink a glass of water. This should help.
When you sleep more, you weigh less. Now this might sound surprising but it is entirely true. To lose weight, you must take rest. If you are someone who likes to work late at night, do think again. When your biorhythms are off, you do end up eating more than you should be. Losing sleep can affect your body shape, reduce the production of hormones and lead to belly fat (4).
17. Eat Fat:
18. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is a must for all weight loss plans. Fruits that fall within this category are grapefruits, oranges, kiwis etc. They keep your body healthy and prevent binging. Vitamin C burns body fat into fuel which ultimately leads to weight loss.
19. Short Bursts Of Exercise:
100 crunches a day will give you better abs. But what are you going to about that layer of fat on top? To get the results you really want, try short bursts of exercise. Try something that burns body fat. Cardio circuit for 15 minutes or the skipping rope for 10 minutes seems like a good idea. You could also try the plank exercise. Keeping yourself active throughout the day also helps.
20. Think Outside The Gym:
When it comes to exercise, always think outside the gym. Do some cardio at home, use the jump rope, go on brisk walks, climb the elevators or do some cleaning at home. This will burn more calories and help you shed the weight faster. Add more non-exercise activity can actually burn calories (5). This is something you can incorporate in the long run.
21. Drink Lots Of Water:
Drinking 2 to 3 litres of water is a must for every weight loss plan. Drink a glass of water before starting a meal and finish it off with another glass. Make sure you carry a bottle of water in your bag before stepping out. People who drink more water and less of soda or other calorie filled drinks have higher chances of losing weight (6).
22. Walk Or Jog:
23. Exercise In The Morning:
A smart way to burn the pounds is to exercise early in the morning. According to a recent study on overweight women, consistent morning exercises that go up to 4 hours per week led to better sleep at night (8).
24. Lift More Weights:
Weight lifting is a smart way to lose body fat. It will burn body fat and help in building lean muscles. It is also true that more muscle means quicker metabolism (9). This will put all the calories you are consuming to better use.
25. Follow The 80/20 Style:
Eat healthy 80% of the time and binge 20%. This means you should eat more organic foods throughout the week and keep one meal per weekend for junk! This will help you binge less and control when binge strikes.
26. Be Positive And Stress Less:
Don’t focus on the scale; focus on how it feels. Positive aspects build self esteem, reduce stress and improve your weight loss experience.
Are you tired of trying out various diet plans flooding up in the market today? Losing weight is no more a nightmare these days! To help you out, we have conducted an expert round up with renowned fitness experts. Here are the 3 simple tips given by each expert on how to lose weight easily, in a weeks time.
Expert Tips On How To Lose Weight In A Week:
1. Tim Ramirez:
- Nothing processed, nothing preserved. If food can last on the shelf for longer than 30 days, then do not eat it! Your digestive system cannot break food down in 3 to 4 hours if that food can last on the shelf for over a month.
- No sugar, that means no alcohol, no soda, and no sweets. You’re sweet enough already!
- Move it to lose it. Walk, jog or bike 45 minutes 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the early evening. Invest time in yourself, you’re worth it!
www.pacificawellness.com / @DrTimRamirez
- Follow my ABC’s. Avoid alcohol, bread and any refined food products, starchy carbs, and added sugar and fats.
- Bump up your cardio at least 50% and intensify your workouts with short bursts of full-body circuit training. Add at least 45 minutes to an hour of cardio every day. Jumping rope, running or using the elliptical or rowing machine are all great options.
- Get sufficient amount of sleep in order for your body to recover.
www.davidkirschwellness.com / @DavidKirsch
- Cut off all processed foods & drinks (fried chicken, pizza, alcohol, fizzy & concentrated fruit juices)
- Reduce your daily calorie intake by at least 500 to 1000 kcal depending on how much you wish to lose. In order to lose 1 pound of fat you’ll need to burn 500 kcal daily for 1 week. i.e: If your current plan is to eat 2500 kcal daily and you want to lose at least 2 pounds in a week; your diet should be restricted to 1500 during that week.
- Set a realistic target for yourself and make sure you follow it i.e: Exercise 5 times in a week with at least 3 cardio sessions.
www.munsterfit.com / @munsterfit
- Drink water. 3-4L per day
- Take vitamins! I take Avivo Pur Supplements because they are natural and vegan.
They have a pre-workout plus supplement that is packed with magnesium and it is absolutely life changing:
Specifically magnesium. Magnesium is an immune booster and something many females do not get enough of. Magnesium aids digestion and reduces inflammation. It works wonders for my skin and my waistline.
- Be active and watch what you are eating. You don’t have to train like an Olympian. But give your body some good conditioning! Target muscle groups and be sure to build strength.
www.theresalongo.com / @TheresaLongo
Lose real weight.
- Prepare all your own meals.
- Double your water intake.
- Increase physical activity.
See the scale move.
- Liquid Detox
- Epsom Salt Baths
- Dieter’s tea with Senna ingredient.
www.eatdrinkandbeskinny.com / @SkinnyTinis
- Eat The Same Thing: Not for every meal, but try to eat the same thing every day. Studies have shown that the people who eat the same thing lose the most weight, reason being that they know the caloric value of what they are taking in. Pick a small breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks and eat the same things each day.
- Protein, Protein, Protein: Eat lean sources of protein at every meal. Taking in protein shakes like Bowflex Body is also a great way to lose weight quickly.
- Eat Every Few Hours: Taking in 5 small meals of limited hi-quality carbs and lean protein every three hours or so will ensure you keep your hunger at bay and your metabolism in overdrive.
www.teamholland.com / @tomhfit
Do you have an event to attend this week, a vacation planned at the beach or do you just want to jump start your weight loss? We all want to see results quickly and there is something to be said about how good it feels to lose the first 5-10 pounds. If you want to lose weight this week, here are three tips to help you maximize your weight loss over the next seven days.
- Attacking your week with a strong mindset along with eliminating processed foods will be key this week!
In order to achieve noticeable weight loss this week, discipline with proper nutrition will be important. This week, eliminate processed foods and drinks like bread, pasta, processed snacks, deserts, dairy and soda. Most people cringe at the thought of giving up foods and snacks they love. Trust that you will be absolutely fine not eating foods that cause you to gain weight and that your body will adjust to a new way of eating. Eliminating these foods will truly give you the jump-start you are looking for to lose weight in a week.
- Don’t Starve Yourself… Instead, eat healthy foods regularly throughout the day to boost your metabolism!
It’s common for people to try the starvation method when seeking to lose weight fast. Not eating will actually slow your metabolism down and work against you shedding pounds.
For optimal results, focus on eating 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks a day. Your menu should consist of lean protein like fish, chicken and lean ground turkey. Pair your protein with whole fresh vegetables and a complex carbohydrate like sweet potato, quinoa, couscous or beans. If you have a sweet tooth, stick to fruit as a snack to satisfy your craving. Choose fruits lower in sugar like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, granny smith apples and grapefruit to satisfy a sweet tooth.
[ Read: How To Lose Weight At Home ]
Helpful tips this week:
- Prepare your food for the week on Sunday. Preparation is key to sticking to your plan.
- Start eating by 7a.m. and eat every 2 -21/2 hours to speed up your metabolism.
- Keep your food and snacks with you this week so that you can eat on schedule.
- Use portion control.
- Stick with drinking water this week. Be sure to drink at least 64
- ounces of water and eliminate soda and other sugary beverages.
- Prepare your food at home to avoid consuming hidden fat and sodium that can hinder your weight loss progress.
- This week – Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!
Now that you are ready to eliminate processed foods and eat whole fresh foods on a regular schedule, you can maximize your weight loss this week by exercising.
Be a Cardio Champ this week and complete 4 days of 50-60 minutes of moderate paced cardio. You can be as creative as you like or as basic as you like with the cardio but the key is to push yourself.
Cardio suggestions include: your favorite workout DVD, cardio equipment at the gym, a workout class or a jog/very brisk walk in your neighborhood or at the park.
Execute these tips with precision this week to see results! Keep in mind that the key to long-term weight loss results is changing your overall lifestyle. Let this week be the jump start to you losing weight and embracing a new mindset around healthy eating. Here’s to a phenomenal and healthy week!
www.boutiquebodyfitness.com / @LisaTanker
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Awesome Health Benefits Of Peru Balsam Essential Oil - September 3, 2015