Damn that belly pooch! It’s not only unflattering but also speaks loudly of your unhealthy food choices. It is a glaring problem for new mothers and also those who have recently lost a lot of weight. On top of that, you must have heard that you cannot get rid of your belly pooch or that getting rid of it is tough. But that information is not true. You can get rid of it and look hotter than ever by tweaking your lifestyle. Today, I am going to tell you how to get a flat tummy effortlessly and effectively. So, get ready to change your life and your wardrobe sooner than you can imagine! Let’s begin.
How To Get Rid Of Tummy Pooch?
1. Eliminate High Calorie Foods
Yes, if you want to get rid of your belly pooch, you should choose foods that are low in calories, but highly nutritious. Make small changes, such as replacing cakes and pastries with watermelon ice candy and no-sugar gelato. This can help you cut down on your intake of calories. Avoid using sugar in your tea or coffee. Refrain from eating oily and greasy fast food such as burger, pizza, fries, fried chicken, etc.
2. Include Fruits, Vegetables, And Lean Meats In Your Diet
Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants and essential nutrients and fulfill all the nutritional requirements of your body. Moreover, these are full of water and fiber and hence fill up your stomach quickly. Therefore, you end up eating less. Lean meats and whole grains take time to digest and hence you do not feel the need to eat for a long time. Including all such foods in your diet can keep you satiated and can cut down your calorie intake.
3. Tupler Technique
You can get faster and better results if you practice the Tupler breathing technique while you exercise. The technique teaches you to draw in your abdominal muscles properly before performing any activity, including simple activities of your daily life. During this process, you put to use your transverses abdominis, which is the innermost muscle that wraps your back and abdomen, just like a corset. Practicing this type of breathing technique improves the strength of this muscle and makes your belly appear flatter.
4. 60 To 90 Minute Workout
If you are trying hard to lose that tummy pouch, you will need to exercise harder and longer than your regular 30 minute routine. If walking is your routine of exercise then you should increase the distance and as well as your speed of walking. Intense sessions in between can help you a lot in losing the belly fat fast. It is advisable to do a workout of 60 to 90 minutes under the guidance of a certified trainer for better results.
5. Avoid Stress
Stress is one of the major reasons of fat deposition in the belly region. Stress leads to an increased secretion of cortisol. This, in turn, leads to the body switching into starvation mode and the body starts to store food as fat. Cortisol also moves fat from your hip area to the abdomen area as there are more cortisol receptors in the abdominal area. This visceral fat increases inflammation and leads to insulin resistance. Avoiding stress is the best way to get rid of tummy pooch. To avoid being stressed, you should spend time with your friends, family, and yourself. Keep yourself engaged in various activities or seek help to prevent your stress from going out of control.
6. Eat At The Right Time
Do not starve yourself to lose your pooch. You will gain more weight. Eat every 2-3 hours. Have your main three meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, at proper times. You can snack in between, but make sure to eat healthy snacks. Not eating for longer hours will slow down the body’s metabolism and increase fat deposition in your abdomen area.
7. Get Rest
You do have to workout, go to work, socialize, and spend time with your family and friends, but you should also take some time out for yourself. Not getting proper rest also induces stress and increases inflammation. This leads to stress-induced weight gain, especially in the abdominal area. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every day. Take good rest on the weekends by relaxing in your patio or going to the spa.
So, these were seven easy ways to get rid of your tummy pooch. Here is a sample diet chart that features foods that are low-calorie and nutritious to help you know what’s good for you and what’s not.
Sample Diet Chart To Get Rid Of Belly Pooch
|Meals||What To Eat|
|Early Morning (7:00 – 7:30 a.m)||1 cup fenugreek seeds soaked in water|
|Breakfast (8:45 – 9:15 a.m)||Options:|
|Lunch (12:00 – 12:30 p.m)||Options:|
|Evening Snack (4:00 p.m)||1 cup green tea + 1 multigrain biscui|
|Dinner (7:00 p.m)||Options|
You should drink 1 cup lemon water 20 minutes before lunch and dinner. It will make you feel fuller and suppress your appetite. Therefore, you would eat less.
Working out is as essential as eating healthy food. Now that you know how to get rid of tummy pooch fast, let us have a look at few exercises that will help you in this process.
Exercises To Get Rid Of Belly Pooch
1. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches work on your upper abdomen muscles, middle abdomen, lower abdomen muscles, side waist muscles, quadriceps, and calf. This is a fun workout and here’s how to do it.
- Lie down on the floor with legs stretched straight.
- Place your hands on the sides of your head. Do not lock your fingers.
- Bend your right knee and try to bring your knee towards your chest.
- Simultaneously, twist your body and try to touch your left elbow with the right knee.
- Return to initial position and repeat step 3 and 4 with the left leg and right elbow.
- Repeat it 20 times.
2. Forward Plank
This is an excellent exercise to strengthen your core. Forward plank works on your glutes, upper and lower abdomen muscles, quadriceps, and hamstrings. Here is how to do it.
- Assume the cat pose.
- Now, go down by supporting your upper body on your forearm.
- Stretch your legs and support your lower body on your toes.
- Hold the position for 20 seconds.
- Relax for 10 seconds and repeat.
3. Side Crunches
This is a very easy but effective exercise. It works on your mid-abdomen and lower abdomen muscles, glutes, and obliques. Here is how to do it.
- Lie down on your right side with your left feet on top of your right.
- Stretch away from the body at 90 degrees to your body on the floor, palm down.
- Bend your left elbow and place your left palm lightly on your head.
- Begin by lifting both your legs towards your head and moving your head towards your feet.
- Do it 10 times and relax, and then repeat one more time.
- Repeat the same on your left side.
4. Scissor Kicks
This is an exercise that looks simple and easy to do but is very effective when it comes to losing the belly pooch. It acts on your lower abdomen and upper abdomen muscles. Here are the steps.
- Lie down flat, facing the ceiling.
- Now lift your legs up at 90 degrees to your body.
- Move your right leg towards your chest and your left leg towards the floor.
- Now move your left leg towards your chest and your right leg towards the floor.
- Repeat this 10 – 20 times.
5. U- Boat
This is one more easy exercise that acts on your lower abdomen muscles. Here are the steps to do it.
- Bend your knees and sit with your feet flat.
- Lean back and support your upper body with your elbows, palms facing down.
- Lift your legs up, toes pointed, and knees touching.
- Bring your legs to the right; do not lift your hips from the ground.
- Lower your legs and then lift your legs up and bring them to the right.
- Lower your legs and repeat this for 10-15 times.
So, these were the five simple exercises to get rid of tummy pooch. Following a proper diet and making a lifestyle change will also help you lose the extra fat from your belly area. So, what’s stopping you? Get going and change the way you look and feel about yourself today. Take care.
- 7 Simple Ways To Get A Flat Tummy In Just One Month
- 14 Simple Ways To Lose Tummy Without Exercising
- 11 Simple Ways To Get A Flat Tummy In Just One Week
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- 15 Exercises And Stretches For Instant Relief From Lower Back Pain - May 23, 2018
- Rebel Wilson’s Weight Loss Secrets – How The Pitch Perfect Actress Lost 35 Pounds - May 22, 2018
- Why Am I Always Hungry? 20 Reasons You Are Hungry 24/7 - May 16, 2018
- 15 Benefits Of Lifting Weights For Women – A Beginner’s Guide - May 16, 2018
- How To Get Sculpted Curves Quickly Without Body Shapers - May 15, 2018