Are you suffering from acne problems because of which your otherwise beautiful face is covered with ugly pimples? Worry no more because green tea is coming to your rescue. But before we venture into the details of how green tea and acne are related, let us read a little on acne’s background story.
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions where scars, cysts, plugged pores etc are formed on the face, shoulders, back and chest. Studies have shown that these revolting scars begin to appear at puberty and if not treated, will develop until your late 20’s. There are several prescription pills and over-the-top medications and drugs available these days to treat acne. But if you already have a naturally occurring substance that will prevent the formation of acne and scars, then treatment methods are out of question.
Read on to learn more on how you can get rid of acne by making a habit of drinking green tea.
Benefits of green tea for acne
- Consuming green tea will give you as much antioxidants you could possibly get from a single source. This is because they are rich in polyphenols. These are the chemical compounds that give it its antioxidant property. Whether you take it internally or apply it externally, the effect will be more or less the same. Antioxidants fight the free radicals that would otherwise attack your skin cells.
- For the health-conscious people out there, decaffeinated green tea is available in the market. This way, you will not have the worry of consuming too much caffeine. It will act upon the acne inflammations in the affected areas effectively. You could dab a green tea bag on the area or drink a hot cup of tea.
- Keep an eye on your insulin and blood sugar levels. This is because studies have shown that the higher your carbohydrate level, the more you are prone to such skin disorders. Want to reduce your insulin level and bring it back to normal? Buy a green tea sachet now because studies have found that its role in blood sugar control is profound.
- Green tea helps reduce the rashes and scars formed because of this skin condition by fighting against skin inflammation.
- This tea is also known for its anti-bacterial activity which is very helpful in your case. This is because acne is mainly the activity of bacteria and green tea helps in killing these microorganisms, thereby reducing further skin damage.
- There is a certain group of hormones that can play havoc on your skin and cause such disorders as acne. The constituents in green tea have various molecules that can bind on these sex hormones, thereby preventing them from becoming ‘bioactive hormones’. From this observation, scientists have concluded that green tea has anti-cancer properties. This is because the hormones in question have a connection with prostrate and breast cancer.
How to use green tea for acne reduction?
- Stash aside the other tea powders and begin your day with a cup of the wondrous green tea. It has been found from several studies that three to six cups of green tea per day will do the trick.
- Always drink fresh green tea.
- If you have blemishes on your skin, you can try a green tea facial. Boil a pot of green tea and dab the tea bag on the affected area. You can also use cotton to apply this tea externally. Let it dry on its own and wash it off with cold water.
- You can also add a little green tea to your gel or lotion. That way you will get a green tea-enriched beauty product to apply.
[ Read: Simple Remedies For Pimples on Forehead ]
Grab a pot and start boiling water. Green tea and acne treatment are connected! Prepare your green tea and start your day on a healthy and more beautiful note everyday!
Latest posts by sitaranikhil (see all)
- Top 10 Beauty Tips For Kids - October 5, 2013
- Does GM Diet Have An India Version? - September 28, 2013
- 6 Best Reasons Why You Should Eat Pineapple For Weight Loss - September 27, 2013
- How Can Dates Help You Lose Weight? - September 17, 2013
- 10 Simple Ways In Which Green Tea Can Help Reduce Acne - September 16, 2013