5 Simple Ways Of Using Turmeric To Cure Pimples
Among these problems, pimples are something that bothers most teenagers. It is a major area of worry for both teenagers and adults. Pimples crop up when the skin is infected and turmeric is a great cure for most infections. Turmeric powder for pimples actually helps by removing the excess oil and destroying the bacteria. It is also a good antioxidant, which helps in treating pimples and the inflammation caused by them. So here is a quick guide to help you know the benefits and uses of turmeric for treating pimples.
Applying Turmeric On Pimples
1. Turmeric Paste:
This is probably the easiest and the most commonly used turmeric-remedy for pimples. All you need is turmeric and water. You can apply this paste to the pimple-affected area and leave it for some time. This will stop the pimple from developing further and cure it really soon. Apply this regularly to get best results. You can also substitute water with honey as honey has antiseptic properties.
2. Turmeric and Sandalwood Paste:
This combination also works wonders for pimples and skin in general. You need to take sandalwood powder and turmeric in equal quantities and make a paste using rose water. Apply this on your pimples. Leave this for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water. You would be surprised with the kind of glow on your face. Similarly, you can also add neem powder to this paste instead of turmeric.
3. Turmeric with Olive Oil:
Take two spoons of turmeric and add half a spoon of olive oil to it. Mix the two ingredients really well and apply it on your pimples. You can also substitute olive oil with sesame oil if you want. The antibiotic properties of turmeric can really help clear pimples fast.
4. Turmeric and Rice Flour:
Mix one teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of rice flour and around 3 teaspoons of yoghurt well until you form a thick paste and apply it on a clean face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash it off. The combination of turmeric and rice flour is an excellent cure for pimple-prone skin.
5. Consume Turmeric:
Apart from all the above-mentioned face masks and packs, you may also eat a spoon of turmeric every day. You can also add turmeric to a glass of milk, bring it to a boil and drink it regularly.
Things you must know about turmeric face masks for pimples
- Turmeric face mask may cause some redness to your skin, so be careful and do not leave the mask on for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Overusing it may burn your skin, so use moderate quantity of turmeric every day.
- Turmeric may also give a yellow tinge to your skin. Make sure you wash it off properly using a cleansing lotion or a toner.
- If your skin is dry and dehydrated, replace water with milk to get a more soft-looking skin.
- Ditch your face wash and cleanser. When you use turmeric pack or mask, the antibacterial properties of turmeric clean your face effectively; you need not harm your skin by using chemical-based products ever again.
Hope you are a little more aware about turmeric’s usage for pimples, go ahead and use it as your secret beauty weapon.
If you liked this article and the tips shared in here, please do leave us a comment. Thank you.Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest