Are you unable to wear your favorite sleeveless dress anymore?
Feeling bad that your arm fat has started juggling? Are you wishing your knew how to lose weight on arms? If yes, then you are the right place. Here are a few simple but effective tips to lose excess fat from your arms.
How to Lose Weight from the Arms?
Though a typical weight loss regime focuses on losing weight from the overall body, certain people need to lose weight from a particular area of the body where the fat has accumulated over a time period. Our arms are one of the common areas where such fat tends to accumulate.
Unfortunately, spot weight reduction is difficult as the amount and rate of fat loss from specific areas of your body depends upon your genetic map. Excess calorie intake also leads to fat accumulation in your arms. This is the reason why people fail to lose fat from arms in spite of performing a series of upper body exercises. This happens because these exercises are only meant to tone your muscles, not burn fat that covers your arms. Thus, in order to lose weight from your arms, you should follow a full body work out.
It is recommended to follow a healthy diet in combination with an exercise program that specifically targets your arms. I am sure the steps given below can prove to be helpful in losing the excess weight from your arms.
1. Reduce you Caloric Intake:
In order to lose fat from one specific region, you need to burn more calories than you consume. This can be achieved by cutting your daily caloric intake down to 500 calories. Apart from this, you have to burn calories through exercise. It is advisable not to drastically cut down your caloric intake as this may deprive your body of energy and cause fatigue and dizziness. Hence, you should gradually cut your caloric consumption and burn more calories than usual.
2. Proper Diet:
The importance of proper diet should not be ignored when trying to lose arm fat. Apart from making adjustments in calories, a diet rich in lean proteins and consisting of slow burning carbohydrates and healthy fats must be consumed. This helps to maintain your muscles strength while burning fat simultaneously. Proteins, beans and legumes keep you full and prevent you from overeating.
More fruits and vegetables should be incorporated in your diet and unhealthy items like colas, alcohol, and processed foods like chips and cookies should be eliminated. Mono and poly-unsaturated fats from sources like olive oil, flaxseeds, walnuts, trout and salmon should replace the unhealthy saturated fats. Reduce the intake of flour and refined sugars and consume more of whole grains.
3. Drink Plenty of Water:
Drink at least 8 glasses of water in between the meals to control your appetite that can support metabolism and burn fat. Do not drink too much water with your meals as it can dilute stomach acid and impair digestion. Drinking pure spring water detoxifies your system and balances your stress hormones. Sodas, coffee and sugary drinks should be avoided.
4. Have Fewer Smaller Meals:
It is advisable to have frequent smaller meals instead of few large meals as it enables your body to repair after workouts while keeping your blood sugar low. Also, eating frequent meals makes you less likely to overeat.
5. Have Substantial Breakfast:
In order to lose more weight you should eat a healthy and balanced breakfast comprising of lean proteins and high fiber carbs. Eating a substantial breakfast keeps you full for the rest of the day.
6. Refuel your Muscles after Every Workout:
Your muscles require nutrients after a workout. Therefore, it is advisable to have a liquid meal such as protein shake after doing exercise. Liquids are digested faster than solid food. Also have your meals at least 90 minutes before a workout.
7. Cardiovascular workouts:
You can indulge in cardiovascular exercises to lose weight faster. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking, running, swimming, aerobics, cycling, rope jumping can be very effective in burning the calories. It is recommended to do around 20 minutes of cardio workout 3-4 times a week. The duration of workout should be increased gradually up to 30-45 minutes and the frequency of workout to 5-6 times a week as your endurance increases.
Heavy lifting is very beneficial to strengthen your arms. However, most of us are not used to lifting heavy weights. As a result, doing push-ups becomes difficult, particularly for women. You can start off by holding weight on your hands and knees instead of your hands and toes. Knee push-ups are a great exercise for beginners. Apart from these, you can resort to open push-ups with your arms placed wider than the width of your shoulders or closed push-ups, with arms placed close together.
9. Chair Dips:
This exercise is great to work-out the back of the arms or triceps. To perform chair dips:
- Place your arms on the chair with your body in-front of the chair.
- Lift again, after lowering your back on the floor.
- This process should be repeated 8- 9 times. This will make your triceps look toned and tight and not hanging.
10. Weight Lifting:
Exercising with weights also helps in losing arms fat. You can start off with light weights of about 2 to 3 pounds and gradually move to heavier weights. Weight lifting strengthens the muscle of your arms. In order to get leaner arms,
- Hold the weights in your hands.
- Stand straight, holding a pair of dumb bells in your hands.
- Keep your body straight and lower it to the ground by bending your arms at the elbows.
- Now raise your body off the ground by extending your arms. This will keep your arms toned.
11. Triceps Kickback:
This exercise tones the back of arms.
- Take a dumbbell and rest your left knee on a bench.
- Keeping the dumbbell in your right hand, move it up towards the ceiling.
- Ensure that your back should be kept straight throughout the workout.
[ Read: Salads for Weight loss ]
12. Arm Twisting:
Exercises that focus on your arms are essential to lose weight from the arms.
- Standing straight spread your arms to the sides.
- Keep your arms completely straight and twist them in such a way that your palms face the ceiling.
- Now twist your arms horizontally to make your arms face the ceiling once again.
This exercise should be repeated as much as you can. But avoid pushing too hard as it can give you sore muscles.
13. Plank Moving:
This is effective in working the upper arms along with the core. Getting down to planking position, move your arms ahead one by one along with body. This also helps in strengthening your body.
Resembling the scissors being opened and closed, this exercise also enables you to lose arms weight fast.
- Standing straight, stretch your arms straight in front at the height of your shoulders.
- Keeping them straight, stretch them to the side and bring them back to the front to enable your right arm overlap your left.
- Stretching them again, bring them back to make your left arm overlap your right.
This should be repeated at least 20 times.
Practicing yoga or Pilates at least 2 days a week is also beneficial in this respect as it strengthens and stretches your muscles and simultaneously builds long streamlined arms instead of bulky muscles.
By following the right diet combined with proper exercise, the question of how to lose weight from arms will no longer be question! All you need is dedication and discipline. Let us know about your experience about these tips.
- 10 Tasty Salads That Will Help You Lose Weight
- How Does Triphala Help You Lose Weight?
- Are You Really Ready To Lose Weight?
- 15 Simple Ways To Lose Weight From Arms
- How To Lose Weight From Hips?
Latest posts by Saba (see all)
- Is Essiac Tea An Effective Remedy For Cancer? - August 5, 2015
- 15 Easy Stair Exercises For A Toned And Healthy Body - June 25, 2015
- Food Poisoning In Children- Types, Symptoms And Home Remedies - May 30, 2015
- 6 Easy Ab Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk - May 24, 2015