From the shelves of supermarkets, apple cider vinegar (ACV) is making its way into the households as an effective remedy for various diseases. Not only is ACV used for cooking but is also used as a remedy for diabetes, which is backed by scientific research and testimonials. How to use apple cider vinegar for diabetes? Before delving into it, let’s check out the wonderful benefits it is blessed with.
Science supports the benefits of apple cider vinegar, and that is sufficient enough to include it in your diabetic diet!
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Diabetes
This form of vinegar is enriched with bacteria-fighting properties. It also has high mineral content, such as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, calcium, iron, fluorine, and copper. With such nutrients, it can help to control severe diabetic conditions. Even in cases of pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes, you can rely upon it.
Enhances Sensitivity Of Insulin
According to recent studies, apple cider vinegar reduces the insulin resistance power of the body. It also lowers blood sugar levels, if taken before going to bed. It improves insulin sensitivity by 19% to 34% for people who are suffering from diabetes and prediabetes conditions, respectively. This can happen even after having a high carb dinner.
[ Read: Yoga Poses For Diabetes ]
Lowers Blood Glucose Level
Apple cider vinegar lowers the blood glucose level in the body by regulating the Glycemic Index (GI). High GI raises blood sugar level and vice versa. Apple cider vinegar stabilizes the metabolic process in the body by lowering the GI. It is a rare feat achieved by acetic acid that constitutes apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar slows down the process of conversion of carbohydrates into glucose by soaking up the bicarbonates in the digestive system. Henceforth, slow absorption of sugars lowers the blood glucose level in the body.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Diabetes?
If you expect that apple cider vinegar tastes awesome, then you are going to be badly disappointed. It tastes bad! In fact, science says that you should always avoid consuming undiluted vinegar. It is advisable to dilute it with water and then drink to avail its benefits against diabetes. You can take it in various forms:
- You can suppress the pungent taste of apple cider vinegar with the non-caloric sweetener like pure honey.
- Add salt and water to apple cider vinegar to improve the taste.
- Mix water and cranberry juice with apple cider vinegar. Pour few drops of lime juice to spruce up its taste.
- You can use it as a salad dressing with extra virgin olive oil. Use the distinctive flavor of apple cider vinegar to make your salads healthier and tastier. For better taste, you can add other ingredients, such as basil leaves and dried oregano to your salad.
- Use it in iced tea along with some lemon juice.
- Add one tbsp of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water and some drops of stevia to make a healthy drink.
- Use it as a tenderizer for meat. You can also marinate chicken with this vinegar.
- Simply gulp 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with a large glassful of water.
- Its supplements are available in the form of tablets; though, their credibility is highly questionable. In most of the cases, these tablets are devoid of any form of vinegar. Therefore, read the labels and packaging before buying the tablets.
[ Read: Cinammon Help Control Diabetes ]
Suggested Dosage Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Diabetes
Apple cider vinegar offers many health benefits, but at the same time, the over consumption of it leads to certain side effects. Preferable dosage of apple cider vinegar may be anywhere between 1-2 tsp and 1-2 tbsp in a day. You will not get any side effects if you take it in minimum quantity. Always use organic, unfiltered, and unpasteurized vinegar. You should also keep in mind that the acidic content of this vinegar may burn off the mucus membrane of your digestive tract. So avoid consuming undiluted vinegar in any case.
In a nutshell, apple cider vinegar is beneficial for your health. It is not a miraculous remedy. But in the long run, it has shown positive signs, especially for fighting diabetic conditions. So, you can include it in your diet and see the difference in your blood glucose levels to believe in its remedial properties.
Did you know about the blood sugar lowering property of ACV? Do you know of any other benefit of using ACV? Share with us in the comment section.
- 7 Reasons To Use Aloe Vera For Treating Diabetes
- How To Treat Diabetes With Acupressure
- Is This The Ideal Vegetarian Diet To Treat Diabetes?
- Is Okra Helpful To Treat Diabetes?
Latest posts by VATSALA SINGHANIA (see all)
- 10 Best Gym Shoes For Women - February 2, 2015
- 5 Yummy Tamil Brahmin Recipes You Must Try - January 28, 2015
- 10 Best Yoga Retreats In Ontario - January 20, 2015
- 10 Best Aerobics Classes In Hyderabad - January 20, 2015
- Are Tummy Vibrating Belts Effective For Weight Loss? - January 6, 2015