Are you tired of seeing blackheads around your nose? Have you often been embarrassed because of that? Then tea tree oil is what you should be trying.
This natural ingredient can treat your blackheads faster than you would have imagined. Would you like to know more about tea tree oil and blackheads? Read on!
Blackheads And How Tea Tree Oil Treats Them
Blackheads happen to be the most common skin problems seen today. It occurs around the nose, forehead and chin area. They are often known as the first stage of acne, although they aren’t infectious in nature. Blackheads are dark in color because of pigmentation and can be both controlled and prevented if you maintain your skin well. Tea tree oil is an antiseptic that stops infections (1).
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Blackheads?
Here is a couple of interesting and easy ideas you could use today to get rid of blackheads:
1. Face Masks
- Face masks are an easy way to remove both pimples and blackheads. Simply mix 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil with green clay powder. Make sure to add enough water so that you can create the perfect blended mixture. Now apply the mask over the face as well as the neck region. Leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Mix three drops of jojoba oil with tea tree oil. Stir and add some tomato pulp to it. Mash it together to make some puree out of it. Apply this all over the face, especially on the blackhead region. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
[ Read: Ways To Get Rid Of Blackheads For Good ]
2. Use It While Cleaning And Moisturizing
While cleansing your face or even moisturizing it, add some tea tree oil to your cream or wash. This will definitely help in fighting blackheads permanently. You can add 2 to 6 drops. Not more than that. However, be careful and try not to let it get into your eyes.
3. Homemade Facial Scrub
A homemade facial scrub is essential for removing blackheads. You can make one at home to get rid of it. Simply mix some sugar, olive oil and tea tree oil together. Add a tablespoon of honey as well. Massage all over your face, especially on the blackhead region.
[ Read: Scrubs For Removing Blackheads ]
4. Use It While Bathing
You can try removing blackheads with tea tree oil even while bathing. Just add a few drops of tea tree oil to your bathtub when it’s full of water. Let it sink and blend for a bit before you start bathing. The oils will add more fragrance.
Other Uses Of Tea Tree Oil
1. For Athlete’s Foot
Tea tree oil has often been used to treat different kinds of fungal infections like athletes foot, according to experts (2). So the next time you experience such a condition or know someone who is suffering from this, suggest them to massage with tea tree oil. They won’t forget your advice.
2. Treatment For Boils
Tea tree oil is quite different when compared to other antiseptics. It penetrates deep into the skin so that it can begin to act on the bacteria that are located underneath the surface. On top of that, tea tree oil helps in breaking up the pus as a solvent (3). No wonder it is a great treatment for boils.
3. Gives You Soft And Smooth Skin
With tea tree oil, you can also improve the texture and quality of your skin (4). Simply add ten drops of this oil to your favorite night cream. Massage on a regular basis to moisturize your skin.
How did you like this post? Have you tried using tea tree oil for blackheads before? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Is Tea Tree Oil Helpful In Treating Pimples?
- Is Tea Tree Oil An Effective Remedy For Burns?
- How Effective Is Tea Tree Oil For Rosacea?
- How Effective Is Tea Tree Oil In Treating Keloids?
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015