Do you want to increase your height? Bored of all those medicines and hard core exercises which promise a lot but show no result? Looking for the best solution which can increase your height without any side effects and pain? If your answers for all of these are yes, then you are at the right place. Now you can increase height by practicing a few simple Yoga exercises at your own convenience.
Children generally reach their maximum height till the late stage of their adolescence period. As far as increasing height is concerned, it depends upon various genetic and environmental factors. However it is possible to gain a few inches even after adolescence by practicing yoga. Yoga provides energy to all parts of the body and thus places the body at ease. It is beneficial for the overall health and well-being of the body. Yoga affects your height indirectly by correcting your body posture, such that your body utilizes all the energy and grows in height.
Exercise Of Yoga To Increase Height:
By creating suppleness while controlling your breath and stretching your body through its full range of motions, yoga helps in increasing height at many levels. The deep inhalation involved in yoga releases the stress that causes tension in your back muscles, thus removing the obstacle to enhance growth of the body. A number of yoga postures can help in increasing your height by keeping your body upright. Given below are yoga poses for increasing height.
1. Surya Namaskar:
Surya Namaskar is being practiced for centuries and involves 12 different postures which should be performed in a chronological manner.
- Stand with your face towards the sun and your feet touching each other.
- Bringing your hands near your ears, do the namaskar or in other words touch a palm with the other, index finger to index finger and little finger to little finger.
- Inhale and raise your arms upwards.
- Now bend backwards and stretch your arms above your head.
- While bending forward exhale slowly and try to touch the ground by keeping your hands in line with your feet and your head touching the knees.
- Inhale and slowly move your right leg back without a jerk.
- Keep your hands and feet in such a position that only your toes touch the ground. Having done so, slowly raise your head as much as you can.
- Now get your head back to the normal position.
- Push your left leg backwards, making it parallel to your right leg with only your toes touching the ground and exhale while doing this step.
- Keeping your arms straight, raise your hips and align your head with your arms forming an arch and push yourself up.
- Now, exhale and lower your body to the ground. Touch the ground with your feet, knees, chest forehead and palms.
- Inhale and raise your head backwards as far as possible.
- Pushing yourself up as much as possible, rest only on your palms and feet.
- Inhale and slowly bend the left leg at your knee. Bring your feet together and lift the leg upwards.
[ Read: How to Increase Height by Exercise ]
- Exhale slowly, keeping your hands firmly on the ground and bring your feet together to align them with the hands. If possible, touch your head to the knees.
- Inhale slowly while raising your arms upwards. Then, slowly bend backwards, stretching your arms above the head.
This yoga pose is beneficial for digestion and height gain. It should be practiced at dawn or in the evening for best results.
Sukhasana is the centre position from where all other yoga poses originate. This position helps in controlling your breathing and tones your lower back and hips, thus helping the cartilage in those areas to decompress.
- You can start this exercise by sitting on the floor in a cross legged position with your hands resting on your knees.
- The focus should be on controlling your breath so that it is deep and even paced.
- Your spine should be perfectly aligned.
- Now, push your buttocks to the floor and gently lower your knees.
- Take at least 5 breaths, inhaling as you raise your arms upwards and over your head. Exhale while bringing your arms down, gently and steadily.
- This move should be repeated 5 to 7 times.
3. Talasana: (the Mountain Pose)
Being extremely easy and beneficial, this asana keeps your body supple and strengthens your arms, legs and spines. It is also beneficial for height gain and should be practiced right from childhood.
[ Read: Simple Tips To Increase Height ]
- Stand straight, keeping your feet together and your spine erect with hands by your side, palms facing the thighs.
- Clasp both your hands with your fingers and inhale deeply while lengthening your spine and stretching your hands above your head. Your palms should face the ceiling.
- Now lift your heel and balance yourself by standing on your toes. Stretch your entire body as much as possible. After this, exhale while returning back to your original position.
Latest posts by Saba (see all)
- Is Essiac Tea An Effective Remedy For Cancer? - August 5, 2015
- 15 Easy Stair Exercises For A Toned And Healthy Body - June 25, 2015
- Food Poisoning In Children- Types, Symptoms And Home Remedies - May 30, 2015
- 6 Easy Ab Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk - May 24, 2015