Do you want to increase your height? Bored of all those medicines and hard core exercises which promise a lot but show no result? Looking for the best solution which can increase your height without any side effects and pain? If your answers for all of these are yes, then you are at the right place. Now you can increase height by practicing a few simple Yoga exercises at your own convenience.
Children generally reach their maximum height till the late stage of their adolescence period. As far as increasing height is concerned, it depends upon various genetic and environmental factors. However it is possible to gain a few inches even after adolescence by practicing yoga. Yoga provides energy to all parts of the body and thus places the body at ease. It is beneficial for the overall health and well-being of the body. Yoga affects your height indirectly by correcting your body posture, such that your body utilizes all the energy and grows in height.
Exercise Of Yoga To Increase Height:
By creating suppleness while controlling your breath and stretching your body through its full range of motions, yoga helps in increasing height at many levels. The deep inhalation involved in yoga releases the stress that causes tension in your back muscles, thus removing the obstacle to enhance growth of the body. A number of yoga postures can help in increasing your height by keeping your body upright. Given below are yoga poses for increasing height.
1. Surya Namaskar:
Surya Namaskar is being practiced for centuries and involves 12 different postures which should be performed in a chronological manner.
- Stand with your face towards the sun and your feet touching each other.
- Bringing your hands near your ears, do the namaskar or in other words touch a palm with the other, index finger to index finger and little finger to little finger.
- Inhale and raise your arms upwards.
- Now bend backwards and stretch your arms above your head.
- While bending forward exhale slowly and try to touch the ground by keeping your hands in line with your feet and your head touching the knees.
- Inhale and slowly move your right leg back without a jerk.
- Keep your hands and feet in such a position that only your toes touch the ground. Having done so, slowly raise your head as much as you can.
- Now get your head back to the normal position.
- Push your left leg backwards, making it parallel to your right leg with only your toes touching the ground and exhale while doing this step.
- Keeping your arms straight, raise your hips and align your head with your arms forming an arch and push yourself up.
- Now, exhale and lower your body to the ground. Touch the ground with your feet, knees, chest forehead and palms.
- Inhale and raise your head backwards as far as possible.
- Pushing yourself up as much as possible, rest only on your palms and feet.
- Inhale and slowly bend the left leg at your knee. Bring your feet together and lift the leg upwards.
[ Read: How to Increase Height by Exercise ]
- Exhale slowly, keeping your hands firmly on the ground and bring your feet together to align them with the hands. If possible, touch your head to the knees.
- Inhale slowly while raising your arms upwards. Then, slowly bend backwards, stretching your arms above the head.
This yoga pose is beneficial for digestion and height gain. It should be practiced at dawn or in the evening for best results.
Sukhasana is the centre position from where all other yoga poses originate. This position helps in controlling your breathing and tones your lower back and hips, thus helping the cartilage in those areas to decompress.
- You can start this exercise by sitting on the floor in a cross legged position with your hands resting on your knees.
- The focus should be on controlling your breath so that it is deep and even paced.
- Your spine should be perfectly aligned.
- Now, push your buttocks to the floor and gently lower your knees.
- Take at least 5 breaths, inhaling as you raise your arms upwards and over your head. Exhale while bringing your arms down, gently and steadily.
- This move should be repeated 5 to 7 times.
3. Talasana: (the Mountain Pose)
Being extremely easy and beneficial, this asana keeps your body supple and strengthens your arms, legs and spines. It is also beneficial for height gain and should be practiced right from childhood.
[ Read: Simple Tips To Increase Height ]
- Stand straight, keeping your feet together and your spine erect with hands by your side, palms facing the thighs.
- Clasp both your hands with your fingers and inhale deeply while lengthening your spine and stretching your hands above your head. Your palms should face the ceiling.
- Now lift your heel and balance yourself by standing on your toes. Stretch your entire body as much as possible. After this, exhale while returning back to your original position.
4. Trikonasana: (Triangle Pose)
Trikonasana or triangle pose helps in improving your balance and enables to have good posture. This exercise is particularly beneficial in relieving tension.
- Now stand keeping your legs 3 to 4 feet apart and your feet parallel to each other.
- Raise your hands while keeping it at a straight line with your shoulders.
- Bending towards your right side, touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your right hand. You can also try touching the toes of your right leg with your left hand fingers.
- Raising your left hand towards the ceiling, look up towards your left hand.
- Maintain this position for a minute. Repeat this procedure with your right side.
5. Parivrtta Trikonasana: ( Revolved Triangle Pose):
Also known as inverted triangle pose, this position strengthens your back and improves your body balance and thus contributes to height growth.
- Stand with both your legs stretched out towards their sides.
- Lift both your hands, keeping them in line with your shoulders.
- Turning your torso towards your right, touch your right foot with your left hand. The right hand should be faced upwards with your fingers pointing outwards.
- Look towards your fingertips. Hold this position for 30 seconds. After this, release and put your arms in line with your shoulders. Repeat this procedure with the other side.
4. Dog and Cat:
These popular movements focus on extending your spine fully in two different directions, thus stretching every cartilage disc in your spinal column.
- Stand on your hands and knees with your hands slightly ahead of your shoulders and knees hip width apart.
- Inhale and tilt your pelvis up, curve your spine such that your stomach drops towards the ground and your head is upwards.
- Stretch your body fully but gently and then move into cat position by reversing the curve of your spine.
- This exercise should be finished with your pelvis down and chest and stomach in.
- Move your body through this movement fluidly and repeat the full cycle many times.
7. Adhomukha Savasana:
This asana is also known as the downward facing dog and is relatively easier to perform. It increases the blood flow to your face and neck, thus keeping your skin glowing. As it is done against gravity, it helps in boosting mental confidence and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Stand on the ground with your hands and knees.
- Position your legs directly underneath your hips and your arms underneath your shoulders.
- Your palms should face the ground and should get a proper grip by spreading out your fingers.
- Now sink your stomach in with a deep inhalation.
- Lift your knees off the floor while supporting yourself with both palms and toes.
- When your knees are lifted off the floor, your tailbone automatically starts rising up to the ceiling.
- Try to stretch your spine and legs as much as possible such that your tailbone is pointing upwards and your body assumes an inverted V shape.
- This pose should be held for 5 breaths.
8. Tree Pose:
This yoga posture is very useful in strengthening your calf muscles and your legs and improves your overall balance.
- Stand with your spine erect holding your hands together (Namaste) stretched over your head. While doing so, your feet should be kept together.
- After positioning yourself in this way, lift your right leg bent at the knees and place the sole of your right feet on the inner thigh of your left leg. The knees of your right leg should be facing outwards.
- Take a normal breath. Repeat this procedure with your left leg.
Also known as the wheel pose, Chakrasana will help in increasing your height at any age. It helps in making your spine more elastic and your body flexible. Thus, it is very effective in height increase. In this asana, the body is bent forward or backward.
- You have to start this by lying on your back and bending legs at the knees level such that they are placed nearer to the hips.
- Put your palms on the sides of your head by bending the elbows and fingers towards your body.
- Now inhale while raising your body upwards and resting on the feet and the palms, thereby curving your spine.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds and gradually increase the duration by breathing normally.
10. Hastapadasana: ( Hand to Foot Pose):
This yoga pose is very effective in gaining some extra height. It focuses on every body part from head to toe and is suitable for those who have a shorter upper part or the lower part of the body and want to increase their height to look and feel better.
- Stand straight with feet together and arms alongside your body. Your weight should be balanced equally on both feet.
- While inhaling, extend your arms overhead and while exhaling bend forward and down towards your feet.
- Maintain this posture for 20-30 seconds and continue to breathe deeply.
- Your legs and spine should be kept erect, hands should be rested either on the floor, beside the feet or on the legs.
- While breathing out, move your chest towards the knees, lift your hips and tailbone, press your heels down, let your head relax and move it gently towards your feet.
- Continue to breathe deeply. Bring your arms to the sides while exhaling.
These yoga techniques can be extremely effective in increasing your height in addition to a range of other health benefits that they offer. It also relieves you from stress, tension and depression. It is advisable to practice these exercises at an early age to get maximum results. Those suffering from ailments or injuries should consult their physician before resorting to such postures.
For best results, it is advisable to practice these exercises under the supervision of a yoga practitioner only. Practice them regularly and lead a happy life.Yoga for height increase is a science that has proved its effectiveness over the centuries. Feel free to share your experience by commenting on the blog.
NOW WATCH - Yoga to increase your height
- 5 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Increase Height
- 8 Yoga Exercises For Stretching Your Body
- Best Height Growth Exercise Videos – Our Top 10 Picks
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do To Increase Height After 18 Years
- 25 Best Exercises To Increase Height