For the longest time, I did not know that georgette and chiffon were different. Not that I paid much attention to sarees anyway. But, when you start to enjoy dressing up in the nine-yard beauty, you take an effort to get your basics right. This way, making a choice becomes easier. It is good to be informed because ignorance is no bliss!
Let me explain – while both chiffon and georgette give a flowy effect to the garment, the weave makes all the difference. Chiffon is sheer and extremely lightweight; georgette is made out of heavily twisted yarn, and is stiffer. However, I prefer georgette over chiffon since the fabric can hold any work or embroidery. If you do not want the saree to stick to your body, go for georgette – it’s stylish, light, and elegant.
Best Georgette Saree Designs For Women In India
- Navy Blue Checkered Saree In Lurex Georgette
- Plain Coral Saree With Sequinned Blouse
- Charcoal Black Saree With Cigarette Pants
- Red Silk Georgette Saree Gown
- Pastel Pink Georgette Silk And Scattered Pearls
- Soft Pink Georgette Saree With A Floral Blouse
- Super Georgette Saree With Geometric Motifs
- Teal Blue Georgette Silk Saree With Digital Print
- Pastel Georgette Saree With Huge Peacock Motif
- Monochrome Red Saree With Embroidered Blouse
- Casual Gray Georgette Saree
- Magenta Pink Bandini Saree With Green Applique Work
- Baby Pink Bandini
- Ombre Pink Saree With Burnt Orange Border
- Hot Pink Saree In Fish Scale Motif
- Powder Pink French Knots Saree
- Parrot Green And Baby Pink Saree
- Off-White Erku Embroidered Saree
- Black Saree With Silver Foil Embellishments
- Georgette And Tulle Saree In Taupe With Cape Blouse
While we are at it, let’s go over the bestselling georgette saree designs that are all the rage right now.
1. Navy Blue Checkered Saree In Lurex Georgette
Checkered has gotten its much-needed revival and we are glad it came back. It looks great on all kinds of attire, in fact, sarees too. The golden thread work on this saree lifts the entire look. The saree is opaque and flowing, and not transparent and flimsy like chiffon. You can wear it with a classic blouse with 3/4th sleeves that show the intricate dori work. Either way, a classy choice!
2. Plain Coral Saree With Sequinned Blouse
Plain georgette sarees have been around for quite some time – but now, the blouses and the colors are getting much more innovative than ever. And that makes all the difference. If you do not own one of those pure georgette sarees in a single color, you should get one right now. Look for a blouse with heavy work and embroidery since these sarees provide you the scope of flaunting gaudy blouses without looking OTT. A boat neck or bateau neckline for such sarees can never go wrong.
3. Charcoal Black Saree With Cigarette Pants
A simple saree can be a masterpiece. This pre-made georgette saree has black leather panelling to hold the edges. It comes with a pair of cigarette pants instead of the regular waist-skirt. The blouse is in black and white leather and the full sleeves are chic and elegant.
4. Red Silk Georgette Saree Gown
Pre-made sarees take your comfort zone to a whole new level. We have heard of pre-made sarees and long gowns, and this is a stylish melange of them both. If you’re not great at handling heavy sarees or do not know how to perfectly drape one, this might be your saving grace. This stunner will definitely set you apart and will be an ethereal add-on to your saree wardrobe.
5. Pastel Pink Georgette Silk And Scattered Pearls
The trend right now is to sport sarees that are elegant, yet stylish. Ignore the myth that heavily embroidered equals loud and gaudy. The scattered pearls complement the pastel fabric and the satin panelling along the length. The jaal embroidery of the blouse amps the entire look.
6. Soft Pink Georgette Saree With A Floral Blouse
Floral prints are the in-thing right now. From sarees to blouses to lehengas and dresses – just about everything is floral. I’m not a fan of the design if it’s all over, but it looks amazing if done on just the blouses. It is classy and vibrant, and adds definition to the look. Light colored sarees, like these, with zardozi work add grandeur to one’s look. The floral tussles are making this attire irresistible. The floral blouse can be easily worn as a separate.
7. Super Georgette Saree With Geometric Motifs
In today’s digital age, it’s all about graphic prints. And, when designers like Satya Paul blend them with plush fabrics and eclectic designs, it shows their novelty and craftsmanship. This georgette silk saree with geometric motifs is beyond just pretty. Whether it is a casual house party or an evening reception, it’s all about the elegance you carry it with.
8. Teal Blue Georgette Silk Saree With Digital Print
Another techno fashion must-have in every girl’s closet. In the recent times, designers’ clothing lines have been filled with a lot of teals and neons. A discerning choice that complements the fabric and sheen of the already luxurious georgette. This saree comes with a plain black blouse, which lets you play around with the design. A halter neck design with a neck strip will refine the aesthetic further.
9. Pastel Georgette Saree With Huge Peacock Motif
A figure-friendly and flowing georgette saree that is a lovely choice for an evening soirée, a dinner date or a party. The large peacock motif for the pallu is a class apart. The golden thread embroidery along the length of the saree with the cutesy pom-poms are details that add depth and definition to your look. You could go with a similar blouse pattern to lock this look or unleash your creative instinct.
10. Monochrome Red Saree With Embroidered Blouse
The monochrome look. Why not use it for a red-hot partywear saree in that pattern? This saree screams party like no other. The bead and pearl embellished pallu adds zing to the otherwise muted attire, and the heavy embroidery boosts the entire look. It needs minimal or no accessories. A heavy pair of chandbali earrings and a bold red bindi will make it picture-perfect.
11. Casual Gray Georgette Saree
You could wear this as a casual everyday attire to work or deck it up a little if you want to wear it to a special event. This saree might be a good choice for your office ethnic days. It’s classy, chic, and subtle – just how it should be at work. The digital floral motifs sit well on the color and so does the blouse.
12. Magenta Pink Bandini Saree With Green Applique Work
Who does not love bandini? An evergreen design that never goes out of style and reinforces femininity like no other. On georgette fabric that is both form fitting and flouncy, the design looks even better. The green applique work border with gold threaded work looks lovely. Go all out with a handful of bangles, bindi, and jhumkas to finish the look.
13. Baby Pink Bandini
A simpler saree in the bandini motif design, it is more like an everyday essential that suits anyone who wants to flaunt their hourglass figure. For a boho-chic finish, sport this with a strapless plain satin blouse with a deep pot neck. Go with a bare neck, smokey eyes, and heavy earrings. I got one of these sarees the minute I walked out of the Main Hoon Na screening.
14. Ombre Pink Saree With Burnt Orange Border
I’m not too sure if you got the memo, but it is all about ombre now. From hair colors to sarees and salwar suits, everyone is flaunting ombre shades. This design is exclusive and adds sophistication to the look. This one is truly an all-rounder.
15. Hot Pink Saree In Fish Scale Motif
Fish scale design is a preppy and smart motif to be used on party wear sarees. However, using them in balance is a good idea. Otherwise, they can leave a bad after-taste. This saree is designed to do just that. It has balanced and spaced out the scaling motifs in a way to make the design look classy and not tacky. Since the saree is heavily embellished with golden beads, you should probably go low key with the blouse. An understated blouse with velvet panelling and pom-pom tussles will be a cute addition.
16. Powder Pink French Knots Saree
Powder pink = class and sophistication. It is one color that can never really go wrong and not a color everyone can own. So, if you are looking for options that are elegant yet soft, consider a powder pink saree. The subtle zardozi motifs look absolutely gorgeous. The red sequined border pops everything further.
17. Parrot Green And Baby Pink Saree
Neon colors are fast and vibrant. This plain saree in hues of pink and parrot green is highlighted by the minuscule silver sequin embellishments. Color pleats are in vogue, and I like how the designer incorporates the design into this to marry the look. Try a saree with colored pleats if you haven’t already!
18. Off-White Erku Embroidered Saree
This saree’s ‘erku’ embroidery is the deal breaker. The off-white saree with applique work all over and a gold embellished border is stunning. This saree is more on the traditional side, so if you want to go with a more subtle version, mellow down the accessories, and you’re sorted!
19. Black Saree With Silver Foil Embellishments
Off-shoulders are everywhere, and it’s not news anymore. However, using them for saree blouses is a fascinating take by our designers. Black is our natural first choice, and when you see unique pieces like this, the instincts only get stronger. Sport the choker, which is another fad right now, with this, and you’re all set!
20. Georgette And Tulle Saree In Taupe With Cape Blouse
Taupe, bronze, and silver are catching up of late. The scope for accessorizing is much for colors like these and opens up a vast canvas for playing around with embellishments. With sparkling rhinestones, lace cape blouse, and a high neck bateau design, this is a stunner.
The saree is a timeless Indian attire that is both feminine and stylish. Up your accessories game, and you’re good to go. What is your preference? Chiffon or georgette? Share your thoughts by commenting in the box below. Happy shopping, look pretty!
- 20 Best Selling Paithani Sarees For Wedding Occasion
- Top 20 Party Wear Sarees With Matching Blouse Designs
- 20 Latest Salwar Kameez Designs Trending Now In India
- 50 Saree Blouse Designs That Will Amaze You
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- Best Women’s Pajamas - March 16, 2018
- 15 Beautiful Wedding Guest Dress Ideas - March 8, 2018
- What Color Shoes Go With A Navy Blue Dress? - March 6, 2018
- How To Wear Sheer Tops - March 6, 2018
- 13 Best Workout Leggings Brands For Running, Exercising, And Yoga - March 5, 2018