Are you familiar with yoga, its types and benefits? If the answer is yes, then it’s time you move on to the next level of yoga and learn about these new things and try practicing them at home. All it takes is a little time from your busy schedule, a quiet place to sit and a yoga mat.
There are various types of yoga. These include Karma yoga, Dhyana yoga, Bhakti yoga, Vinyasa yoga, Ashtanga yoga and much more. Apart from these known types, there are a few others which are still unknown. These include Super brain yoga, prenatal yoga and others. These are the uncommon types of yoga.
[ Read: Yoga ]
As the name suggests, superbrain yoga deals with the effective and fast functioning of the brain. Super brain yoga is often termed as ‘the new way of yoga that improves the brain’. There are a few exercises/ poses which are included in super brain yoga.
To avail the super brain yoga benefits, try practicing it in the early morning when you wake up (during sunrise). To learn super brain yoga in the simplest way at home, follow the instructions listed below and get started:-
How to do Super Brain Yoga?
- Stand on the floor in Tadasana position. (Appropriate place would be to stand facing the sun)
- Take a deep breath. Hold you right earlobe with the first 2 fingers of your left hand. (Thumb and index finger) Your thumb should be facing opposite to your face.
- Hold your left earlobe with the first 2 fingers of your right hand. (Thumb and index finger) Your thumb should be facing opposite to your face.
[ Read: Hand Yoga Mudra ]
- As you hold your earlobes with your fingers, roll you tongue in the inward direction and press it firmly towards the root of your mouth.
- Here, you have to breathe in and out through your nose.
- Once you are set in this position, lower your body and bring it into a squat position.
- Inhale and hold your breath for a few seconds. Remain steady in this position for as much time as you can.
- Bring your body back in straight/ Tadasana position and then exhale. After you release your breath/ exhale, release your earlobes and your tongue.
- Repeat this activity 15-20 times daily for better results.
This activity may not show results immediately like all other yoga asanas, but it is very effective in the long run. Super brain yoga certainly helps in the enhancing the brain. It offers immense assured benefits to all those who practice it regularly and properly.
[ Read: Yoga Poses To Enlighten Yourself ]
Benefits of Super Brain Yoga
- It is simple and easy to do and can be practiced easily at home.
- It helps in the smooth functioning of the brain
- Enhances thinking capacity of the brain.
- It revitalizes the brain.
- It helps in releasing tension and calms the brain.
- It acts as a stress buster.
- It relieves mild depression and anxiety.
[ Read: Dhyana Yoga ]
- It helps in fuelling and sustaining a healthy brain.
- Improves your concentration levels.
- Enhances your balancing skills.
- It works wonders for children with disabilities like autism, dyslexia, etc.
- It can even help you get rid of aggressive behaviour.
- Improves overall health of the individual.
[ Read: Surya Namaskaras ]
Super brain yoga proves the statement – A healthy brain is the key to a healthy life! Do practice this unique type of yoga at home and see the wonderful change it leaves behind on your body. Don’t forget to leave us a comment too!
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- 10 Effective Power Yoga Workouts To Reduce Weight Fast - February 8, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013