Believe it or not, we humans should learn the art of peeling bananas from monkeys.
Yeah. Since we were kids we have been eating bananas, but it doesn’t seem like we have mastered the art of peeling the fruit.
Peeling bananas? Art? Seriously?
Yes, and you will discover why it is so in sometime!
For most of us, the prospect of peeling bananas spells out doom and gloom. Excuse my overbearing choice of words, but when was the last time you peeled a banana and were happy with the way you did it?
If you ask me the same, then nope, not in a thousand years. Whenever I tried skinning the fruit, the result was downright embarrassing. Either the fruit would not come out at all, or it would come out in an ‘uneatable’ form.
Keeping my story aside, I would say peeling bananas is an art. And this video will show why!
The procedure is so simple that me explaining is as useless as explaining the mechanics of a solar powered flashlight. Still, I will do it anyway!
- Pinch that side of the banana that is not the elongated greenish yellow stem.
- The skin will separate itself into two leaves; pull them down one by one.
- And there it is! An effortlessly peeled banana ready for you to relish!
Now that you have known how to peel a banana in the ‘awesomest’ way known to man, how about trying a similarly ‘awesomest’ banana recipe?!
Oh please, wipe your mouth!
The Bonus AKA Flourless Banana Pancake Recipe
What You Need
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
And in case you are not a makeshift cook, but a seasonal gourmet, then you might want to add these too!
- Agave nectar maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Break the three eggs and pour the contents into a bowl.
- Now peel the three bananas (obviously, using the super-cool technique I taught you just now), and put them in a separate bowl.
- Using a fork mash the bananas till it forms a paste like residue.
- Now pour the eggs into the bowl and mix well.
- Add cinnamon powder to the dish and again, mix well.
- Add sea salt to the mixture and keep mixing till the content is uniformly distributed.
- Coat the pan you will be using with coconut oil. Make sure the oil is evenly and completely spread.
- Pour the banana cum egg batter onto the heating pan in little circles.
- Make sure both the sides of each solidified batter are equally baked by overturning them as and when required.
- Hola! There you have, utterly butterly..err..utterly ‘bananaly’ delicious pancakes! Just sit back and enjoy them with a dose of honey!
What you have in your plate right now is not just a delectable dish enticing your taste buds, but a cuisine brimming with nutrition so abundant which you couldn’t have imagined in your wildest dreams.
An energy drink in solid form, if you ask me. That is what the banana is. Have a couple of them before hitting the gym and you will be amazed with number of reps and sets you will be doing.
One of the best and purest sources of protein available on the planet. They play a vital role in keeping your body strong and robust, and above that, promote brain health too.
The one benefit of coconut oil that rules out the rest is its ability to kill your hunger. So guess what? A little dose of coconut oil in your food can decrease your hunger and increase your nutritious intake manifold.
Cinnamon is known for its natural properties of controlling blood sugar. It also is known to promote alertness and brain health.
Now that you have understood what you are holding is something that can give you an ‘immortal’ shot, you can’t wait to prepare the dish, can you?!
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- 16 Powerful Fennel Tea Benefits You Must Know - April 18, 2017
- Meet The Woman Who Has Never Cut Her Hair - February 23, 2016
- Why Should You Train Harder On Weekends - February 23, 2016
- Get Rid Of Bad Cholesterol With This Homemade Juice - February 23, 2016
- How To Get Through Valentine’s Day Being Single - February 10, 2016