Have you ever wondered how some celebs maintain a svelte and enticing figure despite their exhausting work schedules, shows, events, and promotions all over the year? At 28, Taylor Swift is as popular for her albums and films as she is for her fitness and looks.
Fitness is an indispensable part of Taylor Swift’s life. Apart from consuming suitable foods to stay fit and working out, she also does her best to stay in good spirits most of the time. So, would you like to know Taylor Swift’s diet plan? Here you go!
Taylor Swift’s Diet In Details
Unlike what many people assume, Taylor neither starves herself to maintain a thin figure nor cuts out a lot of dishes from her meals. In fact, she dislikes using the word ‘diet’ personally, and instead maintains healthy eating habits. Here are her daily food habits.
1. Hydrating The Body With Plain Water
Taylor Swift believes that to maintain a fit and well-toned body, you should keep it hydrated. For this, drinking plenty of fluids is an absolute necessity. She drinks about 10 bottles of water per day, which makes some of her friends crack jokes. However, the lady knows the benefits of keeping her body hydrated. She is so particular about drinking water that she carries a case in her vehicle as well.
2. Healthy Eating During Weekdays
Taylor Swift adheres to eating healthy on weekdays. She sticks to having salads, sandwiches, and yogurt mostly and makes it a point to avoid sugary drinks. Overall, she has light meals but does not make it too drastic. She uses salads to beat the cravings for sweets. Sometimes, she bundles in plenty of vegetables and fish with salads to get nutrients in adequate amounts.
3. A Little Indulgence For The Taste Buds On Weekends
Everyone feels like indulging in his/her favorite dishes occasionally, even if those are loaded with calories. And Taylor Swift is no exception. During weekends, she indulges in calorie-heavy comfort foods without hesitation. She prefers munching on a tiny burger and fries. A scoop of ice cream is yet another of her favorites. She also loves gorging on cookies and toffees made by her mother despite knowing they are high in calories.
4. Cooking For Pleasing The Taste Buds, Sometimes
Taylor is quite interested in cooking, especially baking. She bakes cookies from time to time. During winter, she loves making pumpkin bread for her family. Starbucks is another of her favorites, and she prefers the pumpkin spice latte. Apart from baking, she likes to cook new and easy-to-make dishes occasionally. At times, she cooks chicken and pasta for her friends and family.
5. Foods She Keeps In Her Refrigerator
This young singer keeps some common foods in her fridge always. She has eggs for breakfast and also likes thinly sliced ham. She prefers orange juice as a beverage apart from water. Swift occasionally drinks Diet Coke. She also prefers having Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
6. Healthy Snacking
When she is outside or touring, snacking becomes a necessity for the pretty singer. She tries to stick to healthy snacks despite giving in to occasional cravings for cheeseburgers. She drinks Swift Shake – a drink that was made by Dr. Oz for her. It contains peanut butter, dried cranberries, and ground flaxseed with chocolate chips.
But how can you follow her eating habits if you don’t get a concrete idea of what to eat and when? To break it down and make it easy for you, here’s a diet chart you can follow.
Sample Healthy Eating Habit
|Meals||What To Eat|
|Early Morning (6:00 a.m.)||l 2-3 cups of room temperature waterOr|
l 1 cup of water with juice of half a lime
|Breakfast (7:00 a.m.)||l Egg frittata + 4 almonds + 1 cup of milk|
l Ham sandwich with spinach and tomato + ½ avocado + 1 cup of freshly pressed orange juice
|Mid Morning (10:00 a.m.)||l Baby carrots and hummusOr|
l Fruit bowl + ½ cup of yogurt
|Lunch (12:30 – 1:00 p.m.)||Tuna/Chicken salad with light dressing + 1 cup of yogurt|
|Snack (3:30 – 4:00 p.m.)||l Swift shake containing peanut butter, dried cranberries, ground flaxseed, and chocolate chips|
l 1 cup of green tea + 2 saltine crackers
|Dinner (6:30 – 7:00 p.m.)||l Crab cakes with veggies|
l Roasted chicken with veggies and sweet potato
l Chicken soup with different veggies
|Before Bed (10:30 p.m.)||1 cup of warm milk|
Expert’s View On The Diet Habits Of Taylor Swift
Diet experts and nutritionists think the diet plan Taylor Swift adheres to is near perfect and will suit the needs of the young generation obsessed with slim figures.
Elisabetta Politi, associated with Diet and Fitness Center of Duke University, thinks it is a very practical approach to foods and eating. Swift eats light without taking things to the extreme, drinks plenty of water, and resorts to junk foods occasionally. She wisely chooses not to drink sugary beverages that tend to add fat. On top of all, she does not deprive her taste buds and eats instinctively rather than adhering to a strict calorie chart.
The fact that she is skinny helps her a lot as well. So, what if you are not her body type? Can you make her eating habits work for you? No, but you can tweak it suit your body type. Here’s what you can do about it.
How To Make This Diet Chart Work For You
This is a low-calorie diet that may or may not work for you. But don’t miss the take home message here. It is all about waking up early, having meals every 2-3 hours, having dinner at the right time, going to bed 2-3 hours post-dinner, and getting a good 7-8-hour sleep.
You can tweak this diet chart according to your calorie needs or food preferences (vegetarian or vegan). You can substitute eggs with banana or chicken with lentils, mushroom, tofu, etc.
If you need to gain weight, you must consume healthy foods, load up on protein, and concentrate on strength training to build muscle mass. If you want to lose weight, following this diet chart can be beneficial.
However, depending on your current weight, height, age, and medical history, your doctor will be able to guide you. Let’s now find out what Taylor Swift does in the gym to keep herself looking as fabulous as always.
Taylor Swift’s Fitness Regimen
Apart from eating mindfully, the talented actor-singer also does her best to stay slim and toned. Swift is particular about maintaining her cardio routine, according to sources close to the singer. She is not hyper about working out but does things that help her stay fit and full of energy.
1. Regular Exercise Regimen
Like she does it with foods, Taylor Swift sticks to a regular workout regimen. She does not rely too much on her genes. She runs several miles each morning to keep her energy levels elevated. Apart from that, she also keeps herself occupied with other types of workouts. She goes to the gym and works out hard.
2. Using A Treadmill
Taylor Swift is quite tall and has lean legs that add to her beauty. She ensures her legs are toned and in shape at all times. For that purpose, she runs on a treadmill. She uses an elliptical trainer as well.
3. Sweating It Out
Unlike other celebs and her colleagues, Swift does not mind sweating it out. In fact, she does not care much about how it will make her look at that time. She believes in the concept of eliminating toxins from the body by working out and sweating. It also helps her keep fat at bay.
4. No Obsession With A Pencil Slim Figure
While working out is important for Swift, she is not exactly obsessed with attaining or retaining a super slim figure. She firmly believes that you should not work out just for slimming or losing weight. That can actually deter your progress. Focus on being fit and healthy.
Here’s a workout routine you can follow.
Sample Workout Routine For You To Follow
You must warm up before you get on the treadmill or pick up the dumbbells. Spend a good 10 minutes to prepare your body for the workout. Here’s how to go about it.
Warm-Up (10 mins)
- Head tilts – 1 set of 10 reps
- Neck turns – 1 set of 10 reps
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps
- Shoulder circles – 1 set of 10 reps
- Waist circles – 1 set of 10 reps
- Side lunges – 1 set of 10 reps
- Spot jogging – 3 minutes
- Calf raises – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Jumping jacks – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Standing side crunches – 1 set of 10 reps
- Ankle circles – 1 set of 10 reps
Now that you are ready to burn some calories and build muscle, let me show you how to get a toned body.
- Sit-ups – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg ups – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Bicycle crunches – 2 sets of 25 reps
- Mountain climbers – 2 sets of 25 reps
- Plank – 30-60 seconds
- Russian twist with kettlebell – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Bicep curls – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Hammer curls – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Tricep extension – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Tricep dips – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell lateral raise – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Run on the treadmill – 15-20 minutes
- Weighted forward lunges – 2 sets of 15 reps
- High knees – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Calf raises – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lying air cycling – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Clamshell – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Standing lateral leg raise – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Full squats – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Explosive squats – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Explosive forward lunges – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Kickbacks – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Single leg hip bridge – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Sandbell curtsy lunge – 2 sets of 15 reps
Shoulder And Chest Workout
- Chest press – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell shoulder press – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Front raises with dumbbells – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Push-ups – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell pullover – 2 sets of 12 reps
- Chest fly – 2 sets of 12 reps
- One arm dumbbell row – 2 sets of 15 reps
- Seated cable rows – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Wide grip lat pulldown – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Underhand cable pulldown – 3 sets of 12 reps
This workout regimen gives you a clear idea of which parts of the body you need to concentrate on each day. Make sure you do both cardio and strength training in varying degrees depending on what your current fitness goal is. Talk to your trainer and chart out an exercise plan for the week. Also, get proper rest to help the muscles rejuvenate.
Taylor Swift has it sorted and is, of course, guided by her trainers and dietitians. You do not have to get a body like her, but her determination and commitment towards being fit and active are commendable. And that is what you should take away from this article. Put in the effort to be in the healthy weight range, eat healthy to protect yourself from life-threatening diseases, workout to release the negative energy, and build a positive relationship with your body and mind. Take care!
- 14 Jillian Michaels’ Diet Secrets Which You Can Follow Too
- Deepika Padukone’s Fitness & Workout Secrets Revealed
- 10 French Diet Secrets To Stay Healthy
- Madonna Beauty Secrets, Makeup Secrets, Fitness And Diet Secrets Revealed
- 7 Effective Italian Diet, Makeup And Beauty Secrets Revealed
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015
- How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Treat Ringworms? - August 11, 2015