Eggs for dinner sounds weird, doesn’t it? Eggs are usually associated with breakfast. But then, eggs have the potential to add an amazing zest to any meal, any time of the day. There are numerous innovative ways to create delicious egg recipes and make them the star guest of your dinner.
Let’s have a look at the 10 most delicious egg recipes for dinner:
1. Leeks And Mushrooms On Cheesy Toasts With Fried Eggs:
- 4 eggs
- 0.25 c. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 lb. White Mushrooms or cremini
- 0.50 package spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices country bread
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan over medium flame. Add leeks and cook while adding salt and pepper. Stir continuously until the leeks get tender and transfer to the plate.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add mushrooms. Keep tossing until the mushrooms turn golden brown.
- Follow by adding garlic and cooked leeks along with spinach.
- After cooking for about 2 minutes, remove from flame and add tarragon and lemon juice.
- As the next step, heat a broiler. Heat the leftover oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Crack eggs into the pan and cover. Allow to cook.
- Place the bread onto the broiler and sprinkle with cheese. Broil the cheese to brown.
- Serve the eggs with cheesy toast and the leek mixture.
2. Linguine With Asparagus And Egg:
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet cubed pancetta
- 12 Oz linguine
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.50 c. Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- Boil salted water in a large covered saucepot. Meanwhile, heat pancetta in a non-stick pan and cook to crisp. Follow by adding shallot and ¼ tsp salt and cook to soften.
- Transfer to a bowl and put the skillet aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Add asparagus 4 minutes before the pasta gets cooked.
- In the skillet you had put aside, heat oil and slide cracked eggs and cook to set surrounding whites.
- Transfer the eggs onto a paper towel. Add cooked pasta and asparagus to pancetta.
- Follow by adding parmesan and cooking water reserved from pasta. Toss to mix.
- Make four divisions, each topped with a single egg. Garnish with freshly ground pepper and more Parmesan.
[ Read: Sanjeev Kapoor Egg Recipes ]
3. Bacon And Mustard Frittata With Tomato:
- 10 eggs
- 3tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¾ cup coarsely grated cheddar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 500g thinly sliced bacon
- 1 brown onion (thinly wedged)
- 80gms baby spinach leaves
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- Continental parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- Whisk eggs, cheddar and mustard together with added salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan. Add bacon and onion and cook until brown.
- Follow by adding spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Turn the flame low and pour whisked egg mixture and distribute it evenly in the pan.
- Arrange tomatoes on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve as wedges.
4. Bacon And Egg Pie:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 350gms bacon rashers (sliced and halved with fat removed)
- 8 eggs
- 1 ¾ sheets short crust pastry (partially thawed)
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar (grated)
- ½ cup cream
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and cook to soften.
- Add bacon and cook until brown. Set aside to cool.
- Cut a circle from the pastry sheet and place it into the prepared pan.
- Cut the remaining sheet into three equal strips and fit in the pan to press the edges together.
- Spoon half of the bacon mixture into pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Add whisked cream and eggs followed by a sprinkling of the remaining bacon mixture.
- Make 4 holes into this mixture and crack one egg into each.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake for 45-50 minutes. Serve.
5. Sausage Egg Boats:
- 4 demy sourdough baguettes
- 1 packet pork
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 thinly sliced onions
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut out the middle of baguettes, leaving ½ inch bread at bottom. Set aside.
- Prepare sausage as per package directions.
- Cut links into bites and set aside.
- Beat eggs and cream together in a bowl followed by whisking the remaining ingredients and sausage.
- Divide evenly and pour into prepared baguette boat.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Serve when cool.
6. Spring Vegetable, Ham, And Goat Cheese Frittata:
- 8 eggs
- ¾ c. Heavy cream
- 3 oz chopped ham
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ lb trimmed asparagus
- 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 4 sliced scallions
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 4 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk cream, eggs, ham, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high flame.
- Add asparagus and cook to crisp. Follow by adding scallions, garlic, and radishes.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour the egg mixture.
- Cook till eggs start to set around edges. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve hot.
[ Read: Fried Egg Recipes ]
7. Fontina And Herb Charlotte:
- 2 slice country bread
- 6tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and red pepper (to taste)
- 3tbsp. Chopped parsley
- 2tbsp. Chopped capers
- 1 lemon
- ¼ lb spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the bread into 1/3inch cubes.
- Toss with a little oil and spread on a baking pan.
- Boil water in a medium stockpot to cook pasta. Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, onion, red pepper, and salt. Cook till onions are brown.
- Remove from heat and add parsley, lemon zest, and capers.
- Reserve 3 tbsp pasta water and whisk it slowly into the eggs and the remaining oil.
- Add egg mix and spaghetti to the skillet. Cook for a minute or two. Serve.
8. Bacon And Egg Hash:
- ½lb. Slab bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ baked potato
- 4 eggs
- Cook bacon until brown in a skillet over medium-high flame. Remove and set aside.
- Discard bacon fat reserving 2 tbsp. Add onions and peppers and sauté for 3mins.
- Add potatoes and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the flame and crack open eggs into the pan. Cover and cook until eggs set. Serve hot.
9. Huevos Rancheros With Queso Fresco:
- 1 can diced tomato and green chillies
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2tbsp water
- 16 ounce Pinto beans
- 4 eggs
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup crumbles Queso fresco cheese
- Mix tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a pan and boil. Make it little thick.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro and lime juice.
- Heat beans mashed in water in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cook eggs for a minute or two in a non stick pan.
- Prepare tortillas as per directions on pack.
- Spread beans over tortillas and top it with eggs.
- Garnish with sauce and cheese. Serve.
[ Read: Indian Egg Recipes For Dinner ]
10. Cheese And Broccoli Tart:
- 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 2cups grated Swiss cheese
- ¼ red onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½tsp salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake the pie shell for 4-5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 375°F. Thaw broccoli in a microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain and sprinkle a cup of cheese over pie shell.
- Top with onion and broccoli. Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Add on milk, salt and pepper and pour over broccoli.
- Sprinkle more cheese and bake for 25minutes. Serve.
Do you know any other easy egg recipes for dinner? Share with us, we are just a comment away from you!
- 5 Quick And Easy Easter Egg Recipes You Must Try
- 5 Mouthwatering Egg Recipes You Must Try
- 5 Yummy Egg Recipes For Breakfast
- 5 Delicious Chinese Egg Recipes To Try Out Today
- Top 5 Scotch Egg Recipes To Try For Your Potluck
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015