Fruits are very beneficial for health, especially the below listed ones which contain loads of vitamins and antioxidants. The inclusion of these fruits in your diet plan is a must. Fruits should be consumed in its natural form. Dried or canned fruits contain processed sugar which totally pushes the calorie count upwards. So here’s the list of our miracle fruits.
Grapes contain vitamins A, C, B6 and folate, as well as lots of antioxidants. Grapes are low in calories. One cup contains around 100 calories.
- They prevent ageing, kidney problems, fatigue, constipation, asthma, eyesight problems, heart disease, migraine etc.
- They can help improve digestion.
Oranges are a great source of vitamin C. They also contain the B vitamins and other minerals. One large orange contains around 80 calories.
- Oranges contain a compound called limioid which helps treat many different forms of cancer.
- Oranges good for patients of high blood pressure, indigestion, and heart disease.
- Oranges are good for your skin and the immune system.
Apples contain B-vitamins in addition to vitamin C, minerals, and antioxidants. Always eat the skin on your apple because it contains valuable fiber which helps digestion. One medium apple contains about 70 calories.
The antioxidants in apples can help:
- To fight cancer
- To reduce cholesterol and arteriosclerosis
- To prevent heart disease and diabetes
- To aid digestion
Pears are a great source of vitamin C, fiber, vitamin K and copper. One large pear is around 100 calories.
The vitamins in pears help the immune system to:
- To fight infection
- To aid digestion
- To lower cholesterol
- To prevent vision loss
Strawberries are low in calories. A cup of strawberries (whole) is just 45 calories. It contains phenols, vitamin C, fiber, B vitamins, vitamin K, and lots of minerals.
The phenols in strawberries are responsible for making strawberries:
In addition to the above, strawberries also prevent eyesight deterioration and rheumatoid arthritis.
Peaches are a very good source of vitamin A and potassium. One large peach contains around 60 calories.
Peaches help in:
- Skin glow
- Improve health in patients with asthma, bladder and kidney stones, gout, bronchitis, gastritis and high blood pressure.
Grapefruit is a great source of vitamin C which has many health benefits. Grapefruit also has a high concentration of the phytonutrient lycopene. Grapefruit is large in size but contains about 100 calories only
Grapefruit is good for:
- The immune system
- Inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and asthma, and lowering cholesterol.
The phytonutrient lycopene in grapefruit helps prevent and fight cancer.
Plums are another good source of vitamin C and vitamin A. It also contains fiber, B2 and potassium. One plum contains just 30 calories.
- Plums increase the body’s uptake of iron which is essential for blood production and energy. Therefore, plums are an excellent choice for anyone with anemia.
- They prevent against vision deterioration, asthma, heart disease, and arthritis.
Cherries contain has a high concentration of vitamins A and C. A whole cup is just 75 calories
- Enhance immune system
- Help relieve inflammatory conditions
- Lower cholesterol
- Prevent vision loss
In addition to the above, cherries also provide relief from gout, arthritis, headaches, fibromyalgia and heart disease.
Tomato is a fruit! Don’t agree? Click here. It is a source of vitamin C, as well as vitamins A, K, E and the B vitamins. It also contains fiber; and a variety of minerals including iron and potassium. It contains 32 calories per cup.
The lycopene in tomatoes helps:
- Fight cancer, particularly colon, pancreatic and prostate cancer
- Reduce the risk of heart disease or stroke
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower blood pressure,
- Inflammatory conditions such as asthma and migraine headaches
- Assist diabetics in keeping blood sugar under control.
Note: Low Glycemic Index fruits produce insulin gradually; which gives long-lasting energy and does not increase blood sugar which is essential not only for people with diabetes, but for anyone on a weight-loss diet.
Eat healthy to stay healthy!