“Love with all you heart.” Give me a dollar every time I heard that, and I would become a millionaire in no time. But do we really show love and compassion as much as we want to?
Consider this. Heart chakra meditation opens the energy circle inside us and helps us focus on love and acceptance. Maybe, all we need is to open up our heart chakras.
So, spend a few minutes with me to know more about the wonderful heart chakra meditation.
Chakras? We Have More Than One:
Our bodies apparently have energy vortexes or pools that need to be in balance for peaceful, stress-free functioning. According to Buddhist and Hindu teachings, they are seven in number, contributing equally to our well being.
From the bottom of our body,
- Muladhara or Root chakra (red color, for survival, positioned at the base of spine)
- Svadhisthana or Sacral chakra (orange color, for pleasure, positioned beside spleen)
- Manipura or Solar plexus chakra (Yellow color, for will power, positioned behind solar plexus)
- Anahata or Heart chakra (green color, for love and spirituality, positioned in the heart)
- Visuddhi or throat chakra (blue color, for psychic hearing, positioned at the throat)
- Ajna or Third eye chakra (Violet color, for intuition, positioned in the brow)
- Sahasrara or Crown chakra (White color, for enlightenment, positioned on the crown of the head)
The heart chakra, as you can see, is located mid-way between the lower physical or instinctual chakras and the upper mental chakras.
Meditation For Heart Chakra:
Our hearts connect us to the physical and spiritual realms. Create a space around you that enables the expansion of this ‘love’ vortex to include you, the physical world and the universe beyond. You need to do this meditation to open heart chakra.
- Sit down comfortably, either on the floor or on the bed.
- Play slow music in the background, setting the pace.
- Keeping the spine erect, cross your legs.
- Relax your shoulders and bring your right hand towards the center of your chest.
- Rest the left arm and hand on the left knee.
- Bring the thumb and index fingers of both hands together.
- Hold this mudra for the duration of the session.
- Keep the right hand mudra below your breast bone, focusing on the location of the heart chakra.
- Concentrate on the heart and the heart chakra and chant YAM.
- The sound need not be loud, but should be focused.
- Breathe in deeply, imagining the air filling the heart chakra.
- Again, breathe out slowly.
- Repeat deep breathing until you feel your heart chakra expanding.
- Continue for 10 minutes, and then rest.
- Feel awareness about yourself.
[ Read: Twin Heart Meditation ]
It might take a few tries to channel the energy. The air does flow through your lungs, but from what I experience, imagination and focus really do take you above and beyond.
If you want to feel yourself floating in space like Sandra Bullock in Gravity, you can do that too. The universe wouldn’t mind.
This World, Your Oyster:
“Love as if you’ve never been hurt.” Another line that could have made me rich! An open heart can forge ahead without the burden of extra baggage. We can welcome new experiences, show additional compassion, and spread more love.
A closed heart with weak energy can rear its ugly head in many ways.
- The inactive heart chakra can make you unfriendly, even cold, unlike an open chakra that helps create friendly relationships (1).
- Our heart is all about expressed and unexpressed feelings. Unbalanced heart chakras restrain a person from sharing their true feelings, both to the loved ones and to themselves.
- Inability to make friends may stem from feelings of unworthiness and a fear of rejection. An open heart chakra brings acceptance in the form of spiritual help and the strength to accept oneself.
- Sometime, we are imbalanced with external problems that require our intervention. Our help is taken, but we feel unloved. Such feelings of unworthiness are because of a closed heart chakra. Opening the chakra can fill our ‘self’ with love, which restores balance and humor in our life (2).
- Connecting to another person is an important process of being a human being. If you’re feeling a lack of connect or empathy, open your heart chakra.
Use heart chakra meditation to feel the love flow through you. And do share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.
- How To Awaken 7 Chakras – A Complete Guide
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation
- What Are The Nine Stages Of Kalachakra Meditation?
- How To Awaken 7 Major Chakras
- Zen Meditation – How To Do And What Are Its Benefits?
Latest posts by Sruthi Chowdhry (see all)
- String Bikini Workout – Everything You Need To Know - June 25, 2015
- Modern Day Yoga – Make It A Part Of Your Life - June 25, 2015
- A Complete Guide On Holistic Hair Care - June 22, 2015
- Try These 6 Amazing Home Remedies To Strengthen Loose & Shaky Teeth In No Time! - May 24, 2015
- Are Those Nasty Genital Warts Irritating You? These 6 At-Home Remedies Will Definitely Help You - May 20, 2015