Dark chocolate is among the countless derivatives of cacao beans. It tastes a little bitter and thus not very popular among many people. But it has many health and beauty benefits to offer which makes it more preferable than the regular varieties of chocolate.
Like its parent fruit, dark chocolate is also packed with potent antioxidants and contains various essential nutrients which help you to stay healthy and beautiful. Powerful antioxidants like flavonoids help avoiding cardiovascular disorders and reduce risks of strokes. In addition, it also works to keep your blood cholesterol level and blood pressure in check. Seamless vision is another health benefit offered by this magical ingredient.
Besides healthcare, dark chocolate has several beauty benefits to offer too. This article is all about the benefits of consuming dark chocolate; skim through the full post and find everything you want to know about it—its skin & hair care benefits as well as helpful tips to select, store and use dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate: Skin Benefits
1. Dark chocolate is a skin-friendly ingredient that helps keeping your skin healthy, glowing and just flawless. Check out few outstanding benefits of dark chocolate for skin here:
2. As mentioned above, dark chocolate hosts a range of potent antioxidants. These antioxidants protect your skin from free radical damage; keeping it soft, supple and juvenile for long.
3. With great sun protection properties, it shields your skin against detrimental UV rays and thus helps preventing conditions like sunburns and skin cancer.
4. Regular consumption of dark chocolate helps you achieve a smooth, problem free complexion. It also keeps your skin moist and well nourished.
5. Dark chocolate makes an excellent skin-detoxifier in combination with caffeine. It sloughs off the dead skin cells and allows the newly exposed, fresh skin to breathe freely.
6. Stress is a huge beauty bummer. If not checked, it can ruin your entire personality. Dark chocolate boasts wonderful stress-relieving qualities and work wonders in getting you a glowing skin by reducing elevated stress hormones.
Dark Chocolate: Hair Benefits
Dark chocolate is also popular for offering many hair care benefits. Find out some common hair care benefits below:
7. It helps in promoting blood circulation in the scalp which leads to increased growth of healthy, lustrous locks. Thanks to being a circulation-booster, it is also found to be very effective in reducing hair loss.
8. Infused with the goodness of several hair-benefiting ingredients, dark chocolate improves the overall health of your tresses, making them super-glossy and voluminous.
9. With incredible anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps minimizing the odds of getting scalp infections.
Dark Chocolate: Health Benefits
10. Heart diseases: Dark chocolate contains antioxidants such as flavanoids. Antioxidants are the best elements that a body can receive or produce as they have the capacity to prevent ageing by free radicals that can also cause heart diseases.
11. Blood sugar levels: It is hard to believe that a sugar enriched substance can balance the blood sugar levels but it is true! The amount of sugar in dark chocolate does not affect your body much as its glycemic index is low. And the flavanoids that it is enriched with aids the influence that insulin offers on the sugar levels.
12. Cholesterol: It is no myth that cholesterol clogs the veins and arteries and doesn’t let them function normally. But dark chocolate serves to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels in the arteries and heart.
13. Mood improver: Stress is a bad factor and one should steer clear of it as much as possible! The contents of dark chocolate help in the production of endorphins which are produced by the brain cells and are known to alleviate the mood. It stimulates the brain cells and is known to relax a person.
Latest posts by Shaista (see all)
- 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle - October 1, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Lemon Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - September 19, 2013
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Orange Juice - September 13, 2013
- Can Dandruff Cause Hair Loss? - August 14, 2013