As the saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, and it certainly holds true even for green apples! Apples are one of the most exotic and amazing fruits that Mother Nature has blessed us with. They contain a lot of essential nutrients and vitamins which should form a part of each and every person’s daily diet.
When it comes to apples, there are various kinds of apples. The red ones which are very common and the green ones which are sour and sweet to taste.
Green apple has long been recognized as one of the healthiest fruits. It is innately packed with a variety of essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, minerals and fibers. These are known to offer relief from digestive disorders and are also very effective in lowering blood cholesterol and BP, stabilizing blood sugar levels & improving appetite.
Green Apple: Health Benefits
1. High Fibre Content:
It contains a lot of fibre, which helps clean the system and increases metabolism. This therefore helps in free bowel movement. It is always advisable to eat an apple with its skin on. The cleaner your intestine and systems are , the happier and healthier you will be.
2. Mineral Content:
It contains, a number of minerals – iron, zinc, copper, manganese, potassium, etc. which are trace minerals and are a must for human health and well being. The iron in apples is a trace element and it helps in raising the levels of blood oxygen and helps in increased metabolic rate.
This is a great food when it comes to weight watchers. People on diet and/or are regular gym goers should and must include one apple in their every day diet. It also collects the fats in the blood vessels and helps in maintaining proper blood flow to the heart preventing the chances of strokes.
4. Prevents Skin Cancer:
It contains Vitmin C which helps in preventing damage against skin cells by free radicals and thus reduces the chances of skin cancer.
5. Rich in Anti-Oxidants:
It contains anti-oxidants which help in cell re-building and cell rejuvenation. This also helps you in maintaining healthy and glowing skin. The antioxidants also protect your liver and ensure its proper functioning.
6. Healthy Strong Bones:
It prevents rheumatism by helping in proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
7. Prevents Alzheimer’s:
Having an apple every day prevents chances of old-age neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s.
8. Prevents Asthma:
Taking apple juice regularly can prevent chances of asthma which is a hypersensitive allergic disorder.
9. Prevents Diabetes:
Apples prevent diabetes. It is a must have for diabetics.
10. Rich in Vit A,B and C:
Green apples are rich in Vitamins A, B and C, so apart from protecting the skin from harmful effects of free radicals; it also helps one in maintaining glowing skin from inside.
Did you find this article on ‘benefits of green apple’ helpful? We would love to hear your feedback.
Green Apple: Skin Benefits
Green apple is an excellent beauty enhancer. Lots of skin care and hair care benefits are associated with green apples.
11. Anti-Aging Ingredient:
Green apple is a great anti-aging ingredient. Antioxidants and fibers present in this apple keep your skin elastic and youthful for long.
12. Improves Skin Texture:
A face mask involving the use of green apple can deeply moisturize your skin and help eliminating the appearance of wrinkles while improving the overall texture of your skin.
13. Nourishes the Skin:
Owing to its dense vitamin content, green apple helps in maintaining your skin and has great whitening and nourishing effects on your complexion.
14. Prevents Skin Diseases:
It helps preventing various skin diseases caused by the lack of essential vitamins.
15. Controls & Prevents Pimple Eruptions:
Green apple is a highly effective anti-acne treatment as well. Regular consumption of green apple help you control and prevent pimple eruptions.
16. Eliminates Dark Eye Circles:
In addition, it also facilitates the elimination of dark circles, leaving your eyes refreshed and refreshed.
Green Apple: Hair Benefits
Green apple is not only good for our skin but for our hair as well. Here we have a few of the benefits listed for you.
17. Cures Dandruff:
A paste created with the leaves and skin of green apple works wonders to fix dandruff. You should use this paste as a shampoo. Green apple juice also has the same effects if massaged regularly onto the scalp.
18. Enhances Hair Growth:
It is also a recognized remedy for strengthening the locks, enhancing hair growth and preventing hair loss.
Green Apple: How to Select and Store
Apple is quite a sensitive fruit and one has to be careful in its selection and storage. Described below are some helpful tips on how to select and store green apples; check them out to make the best out of a premium selection.
Selecting Green apples:
- While buying green apples look for firm, brightly coloured apples having no bruises or damaged, shrivelled skin.
- It is always better to prefer individual apples over the pre-bagged one. This way you’ll be able to smell the apples before paying for them. Never buy the apples that smell musky.
Storing Green apples:
The best place to store green apples is in your refrigerator. Wrap the apples up in a perforated plastic bag and place them in the coldest area of your refrigerator after sprinkling them with water. This-way your apples will stay fresh for almost two to three weeks.
Normal room temperature can also be quite suitable for storing green apples for a short time. Just make sure to check them regularly since they will ripen more rapidly than if placed in the refrigerator.
Some useful tips:
Making different recipes with green apples can be fun! They are not just delicious but healthy as well, provided that you bake apples the right way.
Here are some helpful tips on green apple usage:
- Apples can speed up the ripening process of other fruits as it emits a natural gas called Ethylene. To use these ‘ripening’ benefits of apples, wrap it up along with the unripe fruit in a plastic bag.
- While cooking apples, add a little bit of sugar. This done at start of cooking can help the apples hold their shape better.
- It helps to use a greased muffin tin for baking apples. The tin provides enough support to the baked apples.
- Green apples can be consumed in a number of ways. You can eat the whole fruit either peeled or unpeeled, or can make an apple shake as well. Make pies out of them or add them to your deserts and ice creams. The best way is to consume it as a whole fruit, this way it retains all the natural nutrients.
- Oh! Remember, never eat the seeds of an apple because they are slightly poisonous and hence may prove detrimental for your health.
Please let me know your inputs on this article and share this with your friends!
Did You Find This Article Helpful?
Latest posts by Shaista (see all)
- 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle - October 1, 2013
- 10 Best Benefits Of Lemon Juice For Skin, Hair And Health - September 19, 2013
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Orange Juice - September 13, 2013
- Can Dandruff Cause Hair Loss? - August 14, 2013