Are you looking for an all-natural scrub that gives you healthy, glowing skin? Brown sugar is just what you need! As you know, you get super-healthy skin when you exfoliate regularly.
If you have been to a spa for an exfoliating treatment, you know that you have to pay a pretty penny for it. Isn’t it great that you can get the same treatment at home without spending loads of money? With a brown sugar scrub, you can improve your skin at home and look like you just came out of a spa!
Are you interested in knowing more? Keep reading!
Types Of Brown Sugar Face Scrubs:
You can use a brown sugar scrub no matter what type of skin you have. It all depends on the ingredients that you blend together. You can make different types of this scrub to get all the benefits that it offers to your skin. Here is a look at the different types of brown sugar scrubs that are out there:
1. Brown Sugar And Olive Oil Scrub:
This is a simple yet wonderfully effective scrub that will give you smooth, supple skin. All you need is two ingredients – how great is that! This is a scrub that works wonders for oily skin that is prone to acne.
You need to take 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Mix the two together, stirring well. Remember that adding any more olive oil will make it drippy and dissolve the sugar. Also, adding too little oil will make the scrub dry and rough and cause skin redness. Once your scrub is ready, exfoliate as usual.
[ Read: Homemade Facial Salt Scrubs ]
The benefits of this brown sugar and olive oil scrub include:
- It removes the excess dead skin.
- It removes whiteheads and blackheads.
- It removes excess sebum from the pores on your skin.
- It prevents further acne breakouts.
- It moisturizes your skin.
- It does not clog the pores (1).
- The olive oil will help in removing dirt, grime, germs and the effects of pollution from your skin.
- It prevents dandruff when applied to the scalp.
Brown sugar is a natural humectant that is great for moisturizing your skin, and the healthy fats in Vitamin E in olive oil keep your skin hydrated and well-lubricated. This scrub is simple to make yet gives your skin amazing results!
2. Brown Sugar And Honey Scrub:
This is another simple recipe for a natural scrub that your skin will absolutely love! It will work wonders, especially if you have dry skin, and it is perfect for winter. This scrub will make you feel like you just got a luxurious spa treatment!
All you need for brown sugar and honey face scrub is ½ cup of brown sugar, ½ cup of honey (Manuka or plain, depending on what you have at home), 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil and 1 drop of an essential oil you love (lavender, bergamot, rose, jasmine and geranium are fantastic). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Once that is done, apply it to your skin and massage using circular motions. Rinse off the scrub with warm water, and then, take a warm wash cloth and press it on your skin. Do not forget to moisturize when you are done.
[ Read: Homemade Scrubs For Dry Skin ]
This scrub comes with loads of benefits that include the following:
- Like all exfoliators, it helps in removing dead skin from your face and other parts of your body (2).
- It gives you smooth skin that feels amazing.
- It helps in keeping your skin healthy all year round.
- It helps in unclogging the pores on your skin.
- The essential oil will soothe your skin and makes you feel rejuvenated and relaxed.
- It will give you hydrated, well-moisturized and glowing skin.
- The effects of germs, grime, dirt and pollution get eliminated from your skin, making it healthier.
Honey is one of nature’s best moisturizers, and hence, you are doing your skin a world of good by adding this ingredient to your scrub. Essential oils are wonderful as well because they come with many properties that will benefit your skin. Coconut and olive oil are also great for your skin; so no matter what you choose to add, your skin will love you for it!
3. Brown Sugar And Almond Oil Body Scrub:
Your face is not the only part that needs exfoliating; every part of your body needs it. With this scrub, you can give your body a luxurious treatment that will leave it smooth and supple. It is easy to make and works wonders!
To make this scrub, you need 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of almond oil, ½ teaspoon of Vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend the ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly until you get a good mix. Once you are done, you can use it during your shower all over your body. You can store it for up to 2 months by storing it in a well-sealed container.
The benefits of this wonderful brown sugar body scrub include:
- The almond oil will help in reducing the effects of the sun’s UV rays.
- Your skin tone will dramatically improve.
- Dead skin is removed from different parts of your body, including your elbows, knees and heels.
- The vanilla extract is great for tanned areas during summer.
- Your skin feels smooth and soft.
- Your pores get unclogged, allowing your skin to breathe.
Vitamin E has loads of goodness for the skin, and so does almond oil. By adding these to your brown sugar scrub, you make sure that the skin all over your body gains all the benefits that they have to offer. Your skin will look and feel healthy always!
[ Read: DIY Face Scrubs ]
Other Brown Sugar Scrubs And Their Benefits:
Did you know that you can also add fruits and vegetables to your brown sugar facial scrub? They can work wonders on your skin. Of course, adding fruits and veggies will shorten the shelf life of your scrub; so make sure that you store the scrub in your refrigerator.
Kiwis are excellent for your skin as they can help brighten it. Strawberries are also great for brightening the skin and they are rich in Vitamin C; so you get loads of antioxidants.
If you have acne prone skin, pineapples are what you need. They also have an enzyme that is highly effective for the removal of dead skin cells. Tomato is another great option as it contains lycopene, which gives protection from the sun’s UV rays (3). You can use cucumber too; it helps in reducing puffiness by lowering water retention and is wonderful for sensitive skin.
By making your own brown sugar face scrub at home, you save loads of money, and more importantly, give your skin amazing results by using all-natural ingredients. By exfoliating your skin with brown sugar, you give your skin a gentle massage and treat all parts of your body, from your head to your toes, with natural goodness. Your skin will look and feel healthy all over and it will definitely thank you for it!
How has this post helped you? Do let us know by commenting in the box given below.
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Brown Sugar Body Scrub
- How To Make Brown Sugar Scrub For Scalp?
- 3 Best Homemade Facial Salt Scrubs You Should Try Right Away
- 2 Simple Ways To Make Honey And Sugar Scrub
- 6 Simple Homemade Body Scrubs For Gorgeous, Glowing Skin
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015