“Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.” – Rabindranath Tagore The Nobe laureate has presented a simplistic way of evaluating beauty in this quote. But alas, there are no perfect mirrors in our lives. In our imperfect world, we have to wake up to many blemishes and wrinkles every day. The world is becoming younger, with the 40s being the new 30s and so on. There is a lot of emphasis on looking young and today’s woman is leaving no stone unturned to attain that youthful and vibrant look. The latest buzz in the beauty circles is electronic facial. We are aware of the age old way of getting a facial—going to the salon and allowing the expert to do the facial. The various kinds of facials, such as gold, diamond, and herbal claim to make the skin smooth and provide a youthful glow. Electronic facials claim to do all these, and much more!
What Is An Electric Facial:
Designed for the today’s beauty conscious woman, Electric Facial offers painless and non invasive anti aging treatments. It helps to tighten and smoothen the skin. Hurray! No need for Botox! An electric facial consists of passing low electric currents through the skin to rejuvenate your skin. This helps to tone and lift the sagging skin around the face.
Types Of Electric treatment:
There are 3 types of electric treatments, namely Micro Current, Galvanic, and Faradic. Let’s have a look at the various types of electric facial treatments in detail:
1. Micro Current:
This is like a face lift without the surgery! Micro current helps to contour the face and removes any sagging. It is temporary, like Botox but without the chemical side effects. This stimulating treatment concentrates on the healing and regeneration of muscles. You can opt for treatments spread over a course of a month as cumulative treatments are needed for this simulation. This is safe and is used by athletes across the world to heal ruptured or injured ligaments and muscles.
[ Read: Types Of Laser Skin Treatments ]
2. Galvanic Treatment:
This treatment is effective if you want an even complexion as it clears blemishes and corrects uneven skin tone while removing impurities from the skin. Here the first step of the treatment includes negatively charging the galvanic instrument and applying a negatively charged gel. The negative charges force the grime and other impurities to the surface of the skin. These are then removed. Next, a positively charged instrument is used along with a positively charged gel. This removes the remaining impurities and leaves the skin fresh and glowing.This gel also conditions and moisturizes the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
3. Faradic Treatment:
This treatment is useful for toning facial muscles by using the pulses to contract the muscles. It removes sagging and provides a youthful glow to the skin. There is also an increased blood flow to the skin, which in turn rejuvenates the skin.
Pros Of Electric Facial:
Every coin has two sides, so does electronic facials! Here are the pros of an electric facial:
- Rejuvenates the skin.
- Has anti aging effects and prevents crows feet, wrinkles, and blemishes.
- Tones facial muscles.
- Provides a luminous glow.
Cons Of Electric Facial:
The treatment is non invasive, but has its own set of side effects that need to be evaluated prior to embarking on the treatment. Some of the cons of this facial are:
- This facial makes use of the electric currents, which may damage the nerves in case the facial is not administered properly. Always opt for a professional setup to carry out the facials.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may experience a burning sensation, redness, and even blotchy skin. These effects are generally temporary and should clear within a day. Consult your dermatologist if these persist.
So, what are you waiting for? Evaluate the pros and cons and choose a treatment that works best for you. Skip the Botox and the nips and tucks. Opt for a non-invasive treatment like an electric facial instead. But do remember to consult a professional before you go for this treatment! Have you heard, or tried an electronic facial? What was your experience? Share with us in the comments section.
- DIY – Amazingly Effective Fruit Ice Facial For Summers
- 7 Simple Steps To Do A Facial Massage At Home
- DIY – Amazing Homemade Facial Mist For Oily Skin
Latest posts by Jiya (see all)
- Top 5 Apps Every Woman Should Have To Ensure Their Safety - August 11, 2014
- Top 10 Foods To Relieve Menstrual Cramps - July 16, 2014
- Top 6 Healthy Food Joints In Delhi - July 15, 2014
- Top 4 Fitness Centers In Bangalore - July 15, 2014
- Top 5 Organic Restaurants In Bangalore - June 19, 2014