Looking for a healthy neck massage? Want to know about some cool exercises for your neck that simply use a foam roller? If the answer is a yes, then this post will definitely help you. Sitting at the desk all day can really stress out your body, especially the neck area. You can, however, deal with these problems by using a good foam roller. To learn more, keep reading!
1. The Chest Roll Out:
The Chest Roll out is an excellent exercise for starters and doesn’t take much effort. This will allow your back muscles to feel less tight and shortened and allow your chest muscles to push it forward, which, in turn, will allow the muscles at the back to be lengthened and you may begin to feel tight.
- For rolling out your chest, use a foam posture ball.
- Place the ball on the floor. Keep your face downwards.
- The ball should be on your chest, right next to the shoulder joint region.
- Now simply move your hands on the top of your head and then bring them downwards near the legs.
- Bring your arms upwards and downwards to see the ball digging into the chest muscles.
- Now hold in that position and relax wherever there is a tight spot.
2. The Lat Roll Out:
The Lat Roll Out is also something you can try for your neck and shoulder region. Your lats often feel tight if you are sitting in front of the computer with your back hunched. Here is a quick idea on how to go about this exercise.
- To roll out your lats, you will first have to place the roller right beneath the armpit as you are lying on your side, with the arms simply stretched out on top.
- Now begin to rock forward and backward and gently bring it lower towards the back area.
- As usual, you need to hold on to any of the tight spots. Make sure to go down towards the sides.
- Now go upwards to your armpit and near the rib cage.
3. The Shoulder U:
If you have very little time and have a foam posture ball, the Shoulder U exercise would be good for both your neck and shoulder. It will hit your upper body section in just one move and relieve you in no time.
- Lie flat on the floor at first and simply place the ball underneath the chest.
- Bring it towards the right, next to the shoulder joint and then place it under the armpit so that it hits the back towards the sides.
- When you roll, hold on to any of the tight spots if you can.
- Next, you will have to roll it under the armpit between the blades of your shoulder.
- Work it up and down around the shoulder blades and work it upwards and downwards around that region.
- When you have rolled out to one side and made some circles, bring the ball towards another side and repeat the same exercise.
- Repeat as many times as possible to find relief.
4. The Roller Thoracic Exercise:
The Roller Thoracic Exercise will not only protect your body from neck injury but also help the neck and upper back. If you have shoulder pain, this exercise would be perfect for you.
- Lie down on top of the roller and place the roller on your mid back.
- Simply cross both hands over the chest and place your buttocks on the ground.
- Next you will have to bring the roller on the ground and place it behind you.
- Next take the roller and push it up your back with your buttocks on the ground.
- Stay in that position for a couple of seconds and then bring the roller high upwards.
- Work your way upwards from the middle to the upper back region.
- And it’s done.
How did you like this post? Have you tried foam roller neck exercises before? Let us know by leaving a comment below. We would love to know.
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Merkaba Meditation - September 14, 2015
- 8 Energizing Foods To Eat After A Morning Run - September 11, 2015
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Tilapia Fish - August 26, 2015