It’s difficult when the coordination in your movements doesn’t match your body and vice versa. Vestibular disorder causes a deficiency in the eyes and inner-ear coordination which in short, prevents one’s brain from functioning in the right manner. What is needed the most is concentration and will power to make things right.
The vestibular rehabilitation exercises regime benefits a victim in the best possible way by improving the way his or her ears can react to movements:
- Head eye coordination exercises help the eye-ear reflexes to work in a well coordinated manner.
- Stimulates the balance part of the ear
- Helps in reducing unsteadiness and imbalance, by utilizing your vision, sensory system and postural system more effectively.
- Continually repeating the actions accustom the body to those actions.
These are few key benefits of following the vestibular exercise regime. The main motive is to help the mind set a balance and make it less dependent on ears while making it more dependent on stimulation.
1. Focusing with head turns:
[ Read: Dumbbells Exercises ]
2. Horizontal and diagonal head movements:
[ Read: Aerobics Exercise to Reduce Tummy ]
3. Ankle Sways:
[ Read: Exercises to Reduce Tummy ]
4. Ball Diagonals:
[ Read: Home Exercises for Biceps ]
5. Gait with a focal point:
Focal length is the center of attention here. What one needs to do is test his or her concentration and hit the target. In this exercise, you walk towards the targeted focal length and check for an obstacle every 15 to 20 seconds to avoid tripping. You utilize visual information while walking to prevent staggering or loss of balance.
6. Gait with head turns:
Walking while searching for items at a mall may be difficult for the ones suffering with vestibular disorders and hence, this exercise acts as a boon to them. One needs to just walk with a set target and while doing so, should keep looking left and right to fetch a new target each time. This builds the eyes and ear coordination with pure stimulation.
7. Balance Retaining Exercise:
A patient suffering with vestibular disorder may find the world to be diagonal, while they go standstill in their motion. This balance retaining exercise gives the diagonal world a parallel motion like others and awakens one’s sensory information to be sharper.
8. Canal Repositioning Manoeuvres:
The affected must try canal repositioning maneuvres, as the therapist will help the patient reposition the debris within the affected canal.
9. Substitution by other eye movement program:
10. Enhancing postural stability:
To enhance one’s coordination with brain, the posture of the body needs to be right. Tai Chi has proven its worth to enhance this stability in posture, and help the patient in correctly coordinating with the brain.
Hope you liked this article on vestibular balance exercises. Have you ever tried these exercises? Share your feedback with us.
Latest posts by Khushboo Mehta (see all)
- 50 Red Carpet Hairstyles - November 7, 2013
- Top 10 Swimming Exercises And Their Benefits - November 6, 2013
- Top 10 Vigorous Exercises To Burn Calories Fast - October 30, 2013
- Top 10 SLS Free Shampoos Available In India - October 11, 2013
- Top 10 Greek Hairstyles That You Can Try Right Now - October 4, 2013