While we try using various methods that promise to aid hair growth, most often these fail to show any effective results. There are various reasons behind poor or no hair growth. Factors like imbalance of hormones, deficiency in minerals and vitamins, stress, pollution and poor eating habits are some of the causes.
If you are looking to enhance and improve the quality and health of your hair from the inside, the best way is to ensure you get a proper dose of the required nutrients. One of the main components that can help you get healthy and beautiful hair is vitamin B. Let us first tell you how Vitamin B and hair growth are connected.
Effect of Vitamin B For Hair Growth
Vitamins and minerals are highly essential for the proper functioning of the body. They provide ample nourishment to our entire body as well as the follicles of the hair.
- Vitamin B-12 plays a major role in improving the quality of your hair.
- Inadequate amount of Vitamin B-12 or other various Vitamin B foods may lead to thinning of hair, loss of hair and stunted hair growth.
- If there is a sudden change in hair condition, the dosage of the vitamins should be consulted with a medical practitioner. Since Vitamin B is a highly complex vitamin, a proper dosage recommendation is preferred.
Top 5 Vitamin B Foods For Hair Growth
Nuts like walnuts, peanuts and almonds are very beneficial as they are highly enriched with omega-3 fatty acids. This is essential for the regeneration of hair. The zinc present in these prevents hair loss. A regular intake of these nuts is very good for your hair and scalp. The Vitamin E present in these nuts also helps prevent hair loss. Brazilian nuts are considered to be enriched with selenium, which is very essential for proper growth of hair. The alpha-linolenic acid present in the walnuts helps condition the hair. Most shampoos and conditioners from specific hair care brands contain a vitamin B known as Biotin which is very good for hair.
Proteins are an extremely essential element and are found in high quantities in both eggs and chicken. Since hair is composed of proteins, consuming eggs or chicken are very beneficial. This helps in making the hair strong while also conditioning it. Eggs are highly enriched with B12 and B7, which takes care of the breakage and treats the loss of hair. Brittle hair can be made stronger by intake of chicken. Egg can be consumed raw or cooked, depending on one’s choice.
[Read:Carrots For Hair Growth]
[Read:Vegetables For Hair Growth]
Enriched with folate and zinc, it is very beneficial for the growth of hair. Iron and folate together help repair the follicles of the hair and help in hair growth.
If you too are suffering from hair problems and would like to enhance the health and beauty of your hair, try out these nutritious food choices today. Do remember to tell us what you tried and how it helped you.
Latest posts by Shruti Goenka (see all)
- Create Your Own Maybelline Makeup Kit With These 10 Amazing Products - March 18, 2014
- Top 5 Ayurvedic Products For Increasing Height – Works Wonders - March 15, 2014
- 10 Pictures Of Emma Stone Without Makeup - March 15, 2014
- 6 Main Causes Of Hair Loss In Children - March 15, 2014
- 10 Diseases Caused By Nutritional Deficiencies - March 14, 2014