Vodka For Hair Care: 5 Ways Of Using Vodka Right
Vodka has been around since the early middle Ages, and is one of the world’s most popular alcoholic drinks. But vodka is not just a drink anymore, it is a highly versatile alcoholic spirit. And due to this property, it is being used in medicines (to cure colic, infertility, plague etc.), as a sanitiser, insect repellent, for curing toothache etc. On top of this, it has numerous beauty benefits as well. Vodka is used as an antiseptic, astringent, cleanses and brightens the skin and tightens the pores of the skin. But do you know that vodka can also give you soft and shiny hair?? Know the actual relation between vodka and hair growth through the following ways.
Vodka for Hair Growth
Read more to find out how you can use vodka for hair care.
1. To get frizz free hair:
Most of the shampoos contain silicones and parabens. Sometimes our bathing water contains a lot of alkaline substances like calcium carbonate, hydrogen bicarbonate etc. These chemicals are alkaline in nature and make our hair fizzy and rough. Vodka is known to maintain the ph level of the hair. It has a low ph level (acidic in nature) and thus can help to de-frizz your hair.
- Take about 10ml of vodka add mix it in a 60ml bottle of your favourite conditioner.
- Shake it well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use it once a week.
- You will find smooth and manageable, as it is an excellent home remedy to de-frizz you hair.
[ Read: 10 Necessary Hair Care Tips ]
2. For shiny hair
Want an instant home remedy for replenishing the shine of your tresses?? Try the vodka hair pack for a sure way to get shiny hair.
- For this, mix an egg, honey, coconut or olive oil and mayonnaise.
- Prepare the hair pack which is an excellent deep conditioner.
- Add 10 ml of neat vodka to this solution and mix it well till you get a smooth consistency
- Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
You will see an instant shine on your hair. The vodka closes the cuticles of your hair by lowering the ph level of your hair.
You can also use it as a final rinse by diluting the vodka with water.
3. For Dandruff treatment
Did you know that with the regular use of vodka in your hair washes, you can get rid of dandruff completely??
- For this, take half a cup of neat vodka.
- To this add 2 teaspoons of crushed rosemary leaves.
- Let this mixture remain still for around 2-3 days.
- Then strain this mixture through the coffee filter and store it into a bottle.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp and keep it for an hour.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this once or twice a week to get rid of flaky scalp.
4. For Hair growth
Vodka stimulates hair growth as it removes any product build up on the scalp. It cleanses the scalp and makes the hair grow faster.
- For this treatment, mix 10 ml of neat vodka in 60 ml of shampoo and mix well.
- Shampoo your hair with this mixture to get clean and smooth hair.
5. For Hair loss
Vodka for hair loss is good home remedy and this treatment is an excellent if used regularly.
- Take 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of onion juice (extract it from a medium size onion) and add 5 teaspoons of vodka.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it overnight.
- You can cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash off your hair the next morning with a mild shampoo.
- For better results, try this therapy daily at night.
Vodka is an excellent conditioner and provides a shine to your hair. But if you have coloured hair, avoid using vodka as it can be harmful for you.
Till then take care. Keep it stylish!!!Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest