One of the most common beauty problems that most people suffer from is Dandruff. However, the right dandruff treatment options can effectively help you to get rid of those itchy flakes. However, in order to use the most suitable method(s) for treating your dandruff, you must first understand the cause and type of dandruff you are suffering from.
The two most common types of flakes are: dry and wet or oily. Dry dandruff is usually less severe than the oily or wet type. Although symptoms like flakes and itchiness are common, dry dandruff tend to fall off as they are normally loosely spread in the hair. Usually a good oil treatment proves to be pretty effective to treat these types of flakes. But, wet dandruff cure may require hard work.
[ Read: Dandruff ]
Wet Dandruff Scalp – How Do the Stubborn Oily Flakes Occur?
Production of sebum or oil by the skin of the scalp is a common phenomenon. This is a natural process by which the scalp remains moisturized. Serious concerns arise when there is over-production of the sebum or sebaceous glands. Abnormal sebum secretion leads to the occurrence of oily scales on the scalp. This type of dandruff is stubborn and tends to remain stuck to the scalp and hair. The condition worsens when dirt too gets trapped on the sticky scalp, triggering severe itching and infection. Other body parts such as the eyebrows and even the face can be adversely affected due to dandruff.
Wet Dandruff Causes and What Do Hair Experts Suggest?
- Strong anti-dandruff shampoos may not always be a great choice. Strong cleansing agents can add up to the existing problem of your scalp and affect your hair quality adversely. According to experts, a mild shampoo, especially organic or an herbal hair cleanser can offer great results, without causing any further damage to the hair or scalp.
- Sticky dandruff along with all the dirt and oil makes the scalp extremely itchy. Frequently washing your scalp can help to remove the excess oil, and keep dirt and dust at bay. A clean scalp keeps dandruff and its symptoms like itching and infection under control.
- Use a brush to massage your scalp every time you shampoo your hair. The bristles of the brush help to stimulate the scalp and cleanse it more effectively. Similarly, brushing your hair even when you are not shampooing, gives you positive results.
- Make sure you rinse your hair thoroughly after every wash. Avoid using hair sprays or hair dryers. Hair sprays tend to clog the pores of your scalp and hair dryers can cause dryness, both in turn adding to your dandruff problem.
- In case you find a sudden increase in the oiliness of your scalp, know that this might have resulted from any recent hair product that you might be using. Thick residues left by excessively moisturizing shampoos or heavy conditioners make the scalp oily. Try and avoid such products.
- Apart from using the right products and techniques to keep your hair and scalp free from dandruff, a healthy lifestyle too, is extremely important to avoid dandruff. A healthy lifestyle involves the right kind of diet, drinking plenty of water, and even keeping your stress levels as low as possible. Keeping an eye on all of these will not only keep your hair nourished, but also keep your entire body and system healthy. This is how to get rid of wet dandruff to an extent.
The moment you notice abnormal flakes and itchiness on your scalp, do not delay in getting the right wet dandruff treatment done. If you let the condition prevail for long, you may suffer from serious hair loss and even scalp infections. Clean hair and scalp not only keep dandruff problems at bay, but surely keeps your mind fresh as well.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Dandruff That Worked ]
Did you find this post helpful? Leave us your feedback below.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Is Dentologik Advanced Oral Care The One Stop Solution For All Your Oral Hygiene Needs? Let’s Find Out - February 9, 2018
- Early Signs Of Heart Attack. Do Not Ignore These Symptoms At All! - December 28, 2017
- Yoga Beyond Boundaries - August 17, 2017
- Hooking Up With My Bestie’s Boyfriend Was The Worst Decision Of My Life - April 21, 2017
- The Best Natural Adderall Alternatives To Buy OTC - April 25, 2016