The Coachella Festival is one of the fast emerging music festivals where short shorts, crop tops and oversized shades are the norm. It is no surprise to note that many women try to get in shape for the festival. If you too are one of them, then this post is a must read for you!
Read on to know more!
The Coachella Diet
The mad rush to get in shape for the freewheeling celebration of music and art, that is the Coachella festival, has given rise to the Coachella diet. Of course, the diet doesn’t include the beers or the shots you will most probably consume at the festival. So, what is the Coachella diet? Is it a specialized diet plan?
Well, yes and no! Although it was trending a while ago, the Coachella diet is not a fixed diet plan. However, don’t be disheartened. Let’s look at some exercise routines to get you in the right shape for the festival. For all intents and purposes, this is a part of the Coachella diet.
1. Abs Workout
Here we look at how Pilates instructor Alexandra Coleman’s intensive workout can help you achieve that lean stomach. So, get crop top ready with the simple exercise routine here:
- Begin by lying down on your back. Now bring your arms behind your head.
- Raise your knees and keep the soles flat on the ground.
- Support your neck and interlock your fingers.
- Now push your torso forward towards your knees. Initiate the movement from the chest and avoid stressing your neck.
- Don’t push the torso all the way to your knees. Hold the position and take one leg up and keep your knee at a 90-degree angle to the ground. The other leg needs to remain in the air and not on the ground.
- Suck your belly button towards the spine.
- Bring the other leg up and join both of them together. Knees bent and feet parallel to the ground. Hold the position.
- Switch legs and repeat.
You can also consider performing simple yoga asanas to tone your abs and get that flat stomach for Coachella.
2. Plank Pose
The modified yoga pose is a good way to ensure that you tone your abs and legs. The plank pose will help you get those lean abs you need for Coachella.
- Get down on your knees and bend your torso forward until your hands are on the floor.
- Now straighten your legs and arms.
- Begin bending your elbows so that they are flat on the floor.
- Your spine needs to be straight.
- Hold the pose for around 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- You might want to think about increasing the plank time.
3. Legs Workout
Short shorts wouldn’t look good without a pair of toned legs. So, the best way to tone your body for Coachella is to work on your lower body shape. Here we look at some exercise routines to help you get those toned legs.
For the legs, you can consider performing some squat routines like the goblet squat, or if you are looking for something more intense try the jump squat.
Perform these simple steps for the jump squat.
- Stand on a yoga mat with your legs slightly parted.
- Now, bend your knees and get into a sit-down position. Hold your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Pause and hold the position. (You can lift a goblet and return to standing position to complete one goblet squat).
- Launch your body upwards. As you rise, lift your hands above your head.
- Try to land in the same position.
- You can consider lifting weights in your hands to intensify the jump squat.
So, use these routines and get that body to die for at Coachella. We hope you found our post useful. Tell us which exercises did you use to get in shape for Coachella. Share your stories here.
- Stillman Diet: The What, The How And The Why
- What Is Bulletproof Diet?
- 3 Effective Ways To Build Muscle With A Healthy Diet
- What Is Hibernation Diet?
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 10 Best Essential Oils To Treat Hemorrhoids - July 23, 2015
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Coachella Diet? - June 10, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015