Your hair will look like something right out of an advertising campaign.
That is what hair straightening feels like for many women. We curse the gods for being unfair with us and our parents for their curly or wavy hair genes. We pray and beg for it every opportunity we get.
We finally resort to straightening it on a daily basis. Initially all is good. Then the day arrives when you are simply tired of having to do it every single day. That is when we start to look for more permanent solutions. The keratin is treatment is one of many such treatments that has shown great success.
What is Keratin?
Keratin is the natural protein in our Hair. It is also present in our Teeth and Nails. It helps our Hair by keeping it straight and shiny. As the protein content decreases with an unbalanced diet and age, Keratin levels will decrease. Consequently, our hair becomes frizzy, tangled and dry.
To get sleek hair we need to replace the protein content in our hair. A treatment based on this process is called “Brazilian Blowout”.
What is Keratin Straightening Treatment all about?
- Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment is the process of applying Keratin artificially on the hair to make it shiny, straight and frizz free.
- The straightening effect of this treatment lasts for about 2 and half months.
- The treatment will take a maximum of Two hours to finish.
It’s a miracle hair treatment that can make hair immediately shine and frizz free, leaving your hair straight and easy to maintain.This hassle free treatment has made it popular amongst women. It’s easy and has fast results
Pros and Cons of Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment
- This Hair Treatment is safe for hair and is available after extensive research.
- It makes hair super soft and silky.
- It makes Hair shiny just like in the TV ads.Sleek and manageable hair adds a layer of sophistication to your look. It’s easier to move out in the morning without spending an hour straightening.
- It is suitable for all hair types.
- The treatment claims to have no side effects.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- It obviates the need for chemical hair products like sprays and mousse. It is a replacement of keratin protein on hair that gives very good results.
- This treatment provides extra care from sun and pollution from the atmosphere and also repairs the damaged hair cuticles. In the first week after the Keratin hair straightening treatment the hair may look little dull because of too much keratin build up on the hair. But not to worry, it the final results once the treatment has settled are worth it!
- Too many compliments!
There is just one word of caution.I seem to be spending more time on makeup and clothes as I don’t have to straighten my hair everyday .The compliments are addictive!
- It is an expensive treatment.Research all your options before investing in this treatment.For me it’s the convenience v/s the cost
- Pregnant women should not go for this hair treatment.This product may emit some gases which are not suitable for pregnant women.Avoid any chemical hair treatment during pregnancy as they may contain formaldehyde.
- You need to use Sodium chloride free shampoos and conditioners for washing and maintenance after the treatment.You will end up spending more money and effort in managing chemically treated hair
- For Better results you will need well-trained hair stylists increasing treatment cost.
- Chemically treated hair is prone to hair breakage and hair loss.This is not unique to this treatment.Perms and coloring also lead to same results.Take good care of your hair with leave in conditioners etc
- There is always a chance of allergic reactions.Hence opt for genuine products at a reputed salon.Insist upon a patch test to rule out any after effects like rash, itching etc.
Some Shampoos Contains Keratin For Better After Care:
- Sunsilk Hydra TLC with Nutri-Keratin, Shampoo
- Tresemme Keratin Shampoo
These shampoos are helpful in maintaining the results after Keratin Hair protein Treatment.
A few tips to keep in mind for this treatment
- Proper care must be taken to protect your eyes and skin while undergoing this treatment
- Avoid repeating chemical hair treatments frequently.After this treatment give your hair a rest.Do not attempt another chemical treatment for the next 6-8 months.If you repeat these hair treatments aggressively you will incur extensive hair damage.Let your hair grow back.
So what is your decision? Is it a yes or a no for this treatment? Do comment and let us know.