Do you often feel embarrassed to smile in public because your teeth are not pearly white? Have you always wanted to have white teeth but didn’t know what to do? Then the solution to your problem lies right here in this post!
Here, we talk about how you can use baking soda and lemon, two of the commonest ingredients in your kitchen, to get white teeth!
Are you interested in knowing more? Keep reading!
The Desire For Whiter Teeth
White teeth – something every man or woman wants, but the desire is often overridden owing to discolored and stained teeth. As a matter of fact, retaining white teeth can be quite tedious for a majority of people.
Even if you use quality toothpaste and brush regularly, a lot of factors lead to yellowish and stained teeth over time. The usual reasons are smoking, drinking coffee or tea regularly, etc. While you may cut down on these, teeth that have become dull or stained will not return to their former shiny white self on their own. You will need to take various measures to make your teeth shining white once again.
Ways To Whiten Teeth
There are a number of ways to make your teeth whiter. You may visit a cosmetic dentist and opt for procedures like teeth polishing and whitening strips. However, you may also opt for DIY home remedies for teeth whitening. The efficacy may vary from one person to another, though.
Using baking soda and lemon in a number of ways can be handy for teeth whitening.
[ Read: Ways To Get White Teeth Overnight ]
Why Use Baking Soda And Lemon To Whiten Teeth?
Baking soda works as a mild abrasive agent and helps disintegrate the plaque and tartar that develop on the tooth enamel (1). It dissolves in water, and hence reaches all the areas of teeth easily. Lemon is acidic in nature, and it helps break away food residues that stick to your teeth.
Ways To Use Baking Soda And Lemon For Teeth Whitening
1. Baking Soda And Lemon
You can mix some baking soda and lemon juice to form a paste. Use a soft toothbrush to use this paste and brush on your teeth carefully. Wait for a minute and rinse your mouth with water.
2. Baking Soda And Vinegar
Vinegar, a common ingredient in every kitchen, can also be used to whiten teeth with baking soda. Mix some vinegar with baking soda powder to make a paste. Apply this on your teeth using a toothbrush. Rinse with plain water.
[ Read: Simple Ways To Whiten Teeth ]
3. Baking Soda With Strawberry
If you do not like the idea of applying baking soda on your teeth because of the bland taste, mix some mashed strawberries with it. Apply the paste on your teeth and brush. Rinse with plain water.
4. Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide
Mix these two common household ingredients to make a paste that resembles toothpaste. Using a brush apply on your teeth. Let it sit on the teeth for a minute and then rinse off with water.
5. Baking Soda With Toothpaste
You may mix baking soda with your toothpaste to enhance teeth whitening. However, ensure you mix only a small amount of soda with tooth paste.
Points To Keep In Mind
Using baking soda and lemon to whiten teeth can be beneficial, but you should not go overboard. Ensure you keep the following points in mind:
- Since baking soda is abrasive in nature, using it too much or too frequently can result in the erosion of teeth enamel. People with sensitive teeth and gum issues need to be more fearful in this regard.
- While brushing with baking soda does help remove plaque to an extent, it is not exactly a disinfecting agent. So, you need to use antibacterial mouthwash and paste for that purpose.
- When you mix baking soda with toothpaste, use it in small amounts because some toothpaste brands also contain added abrasive agents.
Now that you know how to use baking soda and lemon for teeth whitening, what are you waiting for? Grab some baking soda while your mother is not looking and sport a million dollar smile in no time at all!
How has this post helped you? Do tell us by commenting in the box below.
- 9 Surprising Ways To Whiter Teeth
- 23 Creative Uses Of Baking Soda You Never Knew
- How To Get That White Smile Back?
Latest posts by Daiwik (see all)
- Why Should You Use Fractionated Coconut Oil? - September 4, 2015
- 8 Really Effective Stretches For Runners That You Should Be Doing - September 1, 2015
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits Of Phosphorus - August 31, 2015
- The Powerful Japa Meditation – What Is It And Its Benefits - August 19, 2015
- How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Nail Fungus – Step By Step Guide - August 17, 2015