Roses are more commonly known as beautiful, aromatic decorative pieces. However, the medicinal properties of a cup of tea brewed with the petals of these flowers are lesser known facts. A cup of rose tea benefits your health in many ways. Read on to know more!
The use of roses in Ayurvedic medicine has a vast history and is known as Gulkand. While rose petals in the form of Gulkand are calorie laden ways to reap the goodness, a cup of rose tea is a favorable way to enjoy the goodness without worrying about your hip size!
Packed with Vitamin C, malic acid, pectin, and citric acid, rose tea makes an admirably safe diuretic, which makes it more tempting to be used, especially if you are on a weight loss journey. Before I take you through the benefits of rose tea, let us take a look at how you can brew the perfect cup of rose petal tea at home.
How To Make Homemade Rose Tea:
- Fresh rose petals – 1 cup
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Honey – to taste
- Spices [optional] – to taste
How To Brew Rose Tea:
- Clean the rose petals and discard the white base or else you will find yourself drinking a bitter cup.
- Rinse rose petals again with clean water, pat dry using a towel, and keep aside.
- Place the saucepan filled with water on moderate to high heat.
- Allow the water to come to boiling point.
- Add the petals, let it boil for 3 seconds, lower and simmer for 5 minutes or until petals become dark.
- Strain the mixture into cups.
- Mix in powdered spices and honey, and give a quick mix.
Your cup to good health is now ready!
Top 10 Rose Tea Benefits For Health:
Rose petal tea is a cup of health! Want to know more about how this tea helps you stay healthy? Read on!
1. Makes Skin Young And Healthy:
Rose petals are rich with antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidative properties. This makes the drink infused with the petals an ideal home cure for various skin conditions, including acne. You can consume the drink lukewarm. To lock the moisture of the skin and to keep it soft and hydrated, you can wash your face by using this drink. The antioxidants in it effectively clear out the blemishes, leaving you with a soft, smooth, and radiant skin that looks visibly young.
2. Beneficial For Skin And Its Troubles:
Packed with vitamin A and Vitamin E, the two powerful antioxidants, this drink impacts the skin in a positive way. Along with hydrating the skin and tightening it, it gives a new lease of life to the skin. It reduces the wrinkles and fine lines. It is an effective home remedy for dark circles too. The antioxidants curb the free radicals damaging the skin, thus delaying premature ageing.
It is also an effective anti-allergen. Allow the brewed tea to cool down completely and use this cooled variant to rinse of the area subjected to rashes and allergies. A wash with cold rose tea everyday will tone up the skin. It will also heal sun damages over a period of time.
[ Read: Benefits Of Rosewater For Skin ]
3. Good For Women:
Women who are suffering from heavy periods with intense pain can take the help of this tea. 2 cups of warm tea with black pepper powder and honey helps to decongest the blood flow. The tea also alleviates the heaviness of the flow, while lowering the pain. Rose petal tea is also a good home remedy for infertility and irregular periods.
4. Makes Immune System Stronger:
A good source of vitamin C, two cups of this tea a day helps in improving the immunity power of your body. This, in turn, safeguards you from various health conditions and combats the infections in a better way.
5. Cures Sore Throat:
A warm cup of rose tea is an effective home cure for sore throat. Plus, its vitamin C content helps in fighting the infection in a better way, thus ensuring a faster relief from sore throat, runny nose, and cold.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Treating Sore Throat ]
6. Improves Digestive Powers:
The assorted organic acids present in rose petal tea are known to boost digestive power of the body. The stronger your digestive system is, the safer your gastrointestinal tract from diseases and infections is. It also helps in expelling the waste, thereby ensuring a healthy gut. It nourishes gastric mucosa, paving way for the growth of the good bacteria in your intestine.
7. Cure For Constipation And Diarrhea:
The tea is a natural laxative, and is more effective in people who are suffering from liver conditions. Along with its detoxifying properties, its laxative properties enable it to act as a natural cure for constipation. It works the other way also, which means it is equally efficient as a cure for diarrhea and dysentery.
8. Maintains Urinary Tract Health:
Drinking 2 to 3 cups of this tea is known to cure infections affecting urinary tracts. The detoxifying nature put together with the diuretic properties of rose tea makes this feasible. Make sure you crush your rose petals before adding to the tea.
9. Natural Stress Buster:
Drink rose petals tea to mellow down your stress levels after a long day. Yes! It has a positive impact on balancing the stress and emotional hormones by calming down your nervous system. The anti-depressant and tranquilizing properties enable it to be used as a sleep inducing drink too.
10. Helps To Lose Weight:
Make an infusion of crushed rose petals by adding it to a cup of boiling water. Strain and drink it twice a day as your in-between snacks to lose weight. A zero calorie drink akin to your green tea, it calms down your hunger pangs. Once you have your cravings under control, you can travel through your weight loss journey in an easier way.
[ Read: How To Lose Weight At Home ]
Hope you liked our post on rose tea benefits. So, what are you waiting for? Start brewing rose petal tea right away and drink it as your snack! Have you ever tried drinking rose tea? Are there any more rose tea benefits that I have missed out? Share below.
- 3 Effective Benefits Of Dandelion Tea For Weight Loss
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Chrysanthemum Tea
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bancha Twig Tea
- 13 Amazing Benefits Of Honey Bush Tea
- 15 Proven Benefits Of White Tea That Will Surprise You
Latest posts by Nithya Shrikant (see all)
- 10 Healthy Homemade Protein Shake Recipes - March 31, 2015
- 20 Brown Rice Recipes – Healthy & Tasty - March 31, 2015
- 10 Harmful Effects Of Skipping Breakfast - March 27, 2015
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits And Nutritional Value Of Fava Beans - March 26, 2015
- 10 Simple And Delicious Mussels Recipes You Should Try - March 24, 2015