13 Homemade Face Packs For Oily, Acne-Prone Skin With Videos
Teenage. Aaah! How badly we all wanted to grow up into teenagers when we were little kids? We wanted the freedom and independence that comes with teenage! Every time mom said, “You are too young for it, honey”, we swore to do ‘it’ when we grew up. But who knew? The rosy cheeks would also pave the way to pimples as we ‘grew up’?
[Read: Get Rosy Cheeks Without Makeup ]
Many of us struggle through our teenage or even throughout our whole life, mainly if we have oily skin, with this problem known as acne which is very common. But only a few knows that some effective easy to make home remedies can solve out or at least lessen this problem and also do away with the spots that come with it.
Here we present 13 natural homemade face packs for acne. These face packs for acne and pimples will help you fade those unwanted spots. Do make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients before you try them! Acne happens due to clogged pores that get infected by bacteria. Mostly, oily skinned people get acne problems as the excess oil clogs pores and makes them more susceptible to bacteria to get rid of acne marks.
Before we start off, keep these points in mind –
- Always, ALWAYS moisturize after you wash the pack off.
- Always apply the pack on a clean and dry face. A little dampness helps in better and faster absorption by the skin.
- Ensure that you remove the pack after 20 minutes, or after it dries. Otherwise, the pack will absorb the skin’s natural moisture which is not a good thing.
- Pre and post wash of face during pack application with luke warm water enhances the benefits.
- Mild exfoliation before application also gives you better results.
- Any home remedy for acne and acne scars needs at least two weeks of regular application for visible results.
Home Made Face Packs For Acne Recipes
1. Multani Mitti Face Pack
Multani mitti face pack for acne is a godsend to those of us with oily skin. Multan mitti (Fuller’s Earth) is easily available in general stores.
- Multani Mitti/ Fuller’s Earth
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
- Make a paste of multani mitti, few drops of rose water and lemon juice for a refreshing face pack.
- Multani mitti draws excess oil off your face and dries the existing pimples.
- Rose water freshens and moisturizes your skin while lemon juice fades the acne scars.
[ Read: Beauty Tips For Pimples ]
2. Besan and Curd Face Pack
- Mix in two spoonfuls of besan (chickpea flour) and sufficient curd to make a good paste.
- Apply it and let it dry.
- When it’s completely dry, dampen it and with mild, circular motion, scrub your skin.
- Wash off and say hello to happy skin!
3. Mint Face Pack For Acne
Mint leaves(pudina leaves) makes for a wonderful face pack.
- Grind some mint leaves, add in a dash of honey and let it be on your pretty face until it dries.
- Wash off.
- It might tingle on pimples, but that is okay, they are very close to meeting their end.
4. Lemon juice + Honey Face Mask For Pimples
This is your ‘Knight in Shining Armor’. Honey face packs with lemon are the best of the best. Lemon juice is acidic and citric; it bleaches your skin, helping you get rid of scars and tan.
- Lemon juice
- Rose water if needed
- Apply lemon juice on your face post wash. It will tingle and burn, and you won’t love it. But it absolutely works. If your skin is too sensitive, then dilute lemon juice with rose water to lessen the acidity.
- After 15 minutes, follow up with honey.
This helps moisturize as honey is a humectant. You can leave honey on your face however long you want to. Your skin will glow in a couple of weeks, and you can see it.
Here is another way you can use and lemon together!
5. Cucumber Face Mask
Cucumber extracts heat from the body. This is considered as the best face pack for acne as it reduces inflammation of your pimples and reduces their appearance.
[ Read: Simple Remedies For Pimples On Forehead ]
Cucumber pulp and juice
- Grate cucumber, strain the juice. Refrigerate the pulp.
- When it’s cold enough, use the pulp to pick the juice and moisten your face, one spot at a time.
- Once you feel the pulp warm up, dip in the cold juice again and repeat for other spots.
- This unclogs your skin’s pores and cools down the system.
- Place slices of cucumber on your eyes for a spa effect.
- You can also add in two spoons full of rich yogurt to the pulp without draining it. Apply the mixture and leave it on for a while, say thirty minutes, and wash off.
[ Read: How To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight ]
6. Neem Face Pack
Neem tree uses are many, and it has been popular in our folklore for centuries for its healing and antibacterial activity.
- 4 fresh Neem leaves
- 1 tsp rose water or lemon juice
- Crush the neem leaves, add rose water or lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply this face mask focusing only on the acne.
- rinse (using lukewarm water) it after leaving it on for 15 minutes.
7. Honey Face Mask
Honey mask can be used by all skin types irrespective for the troubles that the skin carries along! Just ensure that you aren’t allergic to honey.
100% pure organic honey
- Take the required amount of honey and apply the thick honey all over your face.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Wash off.
- If you experience any dryness post the mask is off, follow it up with a moisturizer.
[Read : Honey Face Packs For Oily skin ]
8. Aspirin Face Mask
This one that is not very popular! Aspirin helps heal the inflammation and works for many. The reason being the main ingredient in aspirin is salycilic acid with is also used to control acne and pimple’s outburst. It can, however, be very drying sometimes, do follow it up with a gentle moisturizer.
- 1-2 tablets aspirin
- Plain water
- Dissolve the aspirin in water and crush the tablet to make a paste.
- Gently apply this only on the acne areas, let it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off.
[ Read: Aspirin Face Packs ]
9. Sea Salt Mask
- Buy some sea salt, keep it in a clean and dry air tight container and make a paste of about half a cup of sea salt with half or 1 teaspoon plain water and mix it.
- Apply this pack of salt to the affected areas and leave on for about 30 minutes and wash off.
If you live near a sea, then u can swim and dive and get yourself this treatment naturally. But at most if you can’t get hold of sea salt, then go for normal cooking salt. This can also remove the blemishes with continued use.
10. Baking Soda Mask
- With every 1 teaspoon of baking soda add about half a teaspoon of plain water, mix, make a paste, and apply on rashes, zits, and blemishes.
- This is a wonder mask, hassle-free and works great for many, but you have to be patient and regular with it’s application.
- You have to keep it on for about 30 minutes before you can wash it off with plain water.
- It may not at all work for you also but if it does then don’t forget to do it for about three to four times a week constant for about three months at a stretch and then reduce as per need.
11. Egg White Mask
Probably most of you have heard of it, but let me warn you against this as to who have really sensitive skin, it may have adverse reactions to them. But otherwise, this is a miracle mask for people with normal to oily to dry skin with rashes.
- All you need to do is you need to separate the egg whites carefully from the yolk.
- Now with an electric egg beater (you really need this here) and whip it up to a frothy consistency so that almost no liquid is left. One egg white is sufficient.
- Apply the paste on red to swollen areas of acne and leave on for about 15 minutes.
- If you have extremely oily skin, then you may want to apply one teaspoon of lemon or orange juice to this frothy mixture.
- After 15 minutes you need to wash off with lukewarm water and then with ice cold or plain cold tap water.
12. Yogurt Honey Mask
This is a useful and easy to make pimple preventive and skin cleansing mask, with natural benefits of blemish lightening being an added advantage of this mask.
- Just take sour yogurt about four teaspoons and mix to it two teaspoons honey (you may want to blend the honey with some 1 teaspoon of hot water to lessen it’s thickness ) and mix well.
- Use it on the face and leave on for about 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water in a scrubbing motion and splash with cold water or ice cold water.
- Remember to not to use non-fat or low-fat yogurt.
13. Oatmeal, Honey, And Onion Mask
A few people might be disgusted with the odor of onion juice, but this mask has great efficiency if you can really prepare and use it on skin tolerating the smell.
- Grate a small onion and get the paste sort of juice out of it about 4 tsp and on the other hand boil up some one cup of nonsweet and non-flavored, plain oatmeal.
- When it’s cooked thoroughly, strain out the water and keep it to cool.
- In a grinder, mix up this cooked oat meal adding to it the onion paste with its juice to a fine paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to it and mix it well.
- Apply on the skin for about 20-30 minutes and rinse off with plain water.
If this mask proves beneficial to you may make this in increased quantity following the same ratios and store up the excess for upto seven days in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
Tip For Added Benefits
You can mix dry roasted and ground clove powder about half a teaspoon to any of the above mixtures. And you may also mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder to the last pack as well.
These are some very effective homemade face packs for acne scars and acne prone skin that can be made easily at home. Do use them and let me know how it worked for you.
The following two tabs change content below.