Looking for a workout routine with a difference? How about burning calories at the place most comfortable to you? What better place to start your yoga routine then your very own bed? This unique form of yoga allows you to be comfortable while working out. StyleCraze offers you the best-in-class information on the various poses of yoga to do in bed.
Wake up with yoga to rejuvenate your body and keep yourself relaxed and refreshed throughout the day.
Yoga poses in bed give your body a good physical exercise along with increased concentration and flexibility.
Yoga to Do in Bed
Following are the top 5 wake-up yoga poses with gentle stretches and breathing exercises:
1. Pawanmuktasana (Wind Releasing Pose):
- Lie down on the bed.
- Rest your legs in a straight position.
- Place both the hands besides the body and palms on the bed.
- Elevate your left leg upwards in a 90 degree angle.
- Fold it and place it over the stomach.
- Intermingle your fingers from over your leg and press it firmly on to your stomach. Here, both your knees should be close to your chest region.
- Repeat the same process with right leg.
- You can even practice the same with both legs at the same time.
2. Sleeping Spinal Twist Pose:
- Lie on your back.
- Fold your knees and turn your body towards the left side.
- Place your right leg over your left leg. Your right leg has to overlap your left leg.
- Place your left hand on your right thigh and the right hand on the bed besides the body.
- Look towards your right.
- Stretch your body as much as you can. Relax.
- Repeat the same twisting activity on other side.
3. Seated Padangusthasana:
- Sit on your bed in a relaxed position. Keep your back straight. Spread your legs in the front direction and stretch them.
- Close your eyes.
- As you exhale, bend forwards from your waist.
- Place your forehead on your knees and relax. You can also touch your feet with your hands.
4. Supta Virasana:
- Lie down on your back in the bed.
- Close your eyes.
- Lay your hands besides the body in a relaxing position.
- Fold your knees and rest the top of your feet on the bed.
- Lower your waist, back and head and place it on the bed.
- Look towards the ceiling.
- Lie back on the bed.
- Close eyes and keep it relaxed.
- Lay your hands besides the body in a comfortable position and at a comfortable distance from your body.
- Keep your legs at a comfortable distance from each other and rest them.
- Rest your head on any one side of the body.
Benefits Of Bed Yoga Poses
Yoga can be practiced anytime and anywhere. Yet there are certain set of rules that needs to be followed. Practicing yoga asanas early in the morning, after you wake up, is a good practice for your mind and body. Few of the well-known benefits include:
- It increases your physical stamina.
- It increases your concentration levels and sharpens your memory.
- It relaxes your body muscles and relieves tension in your joints.
- It keeps you refreshed throughout the day and is a good start-up activity to keep you going through the day!
You no longer have an excuse to avoid yoga. These yoga-in-bed poses are super easy to do. It cannot get easier than this! No need for fancy yoga mats and other costly accessories. The only thing you need for these exercises is your beloved bed! You can no longer put off working out because of rain, heat or cold either!
In the comfort of your room, you not only have the privacy to practice yoga but also the comfort of being home. Start your day with a daily dose of yoga-in-bed and see the difference it makes to your body and mind!
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- 10 Effective Power Yoga Workouts To Reduce Weight Fast - February 8, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013