Are you keen to shed the flab on your back? Do you want to tone down your rear so that you can flaunt your hourglass figure in that fitted dress?
You may have heard that yoga balances your mind and body and increases your flexibility. But, do you know it is the perfect workout to tone your muscles and attain that dream figure?
Well, here are ten yoga poses to tone buttocks! Want to know what they are? Read the post!
1. Upward Facing Plank Pose:
- In a seated position, keep your legs together in front of you.
- Bend your hands backward until your fingers point towards your body.
- Press the palms and slowly lift your hips.
- Raise yourself as high as you can and allow the head to fall back.
- Remain in this position and deeply breathe five times.
2. Chair Pose (Utkatasana):
- Stand with your feet together.
- Bend your knees and slowly bring your weight onto the heels.
- Drop the hips while you bend.
- Lift the arms and let them face each other.
- Relax your shoulders, gaze upwards and remain in this position for 8 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times.
3. Triangle Pose:
The Triangle Pose is one of the most effective yoga asanas to reduce buttocks.
- Stand straight and spread your feet shoulder width apart.
- Turn the right foot out and make a right angle.
- Turn the left foot in making a 15-degree angle.
- Press the feet on the ground firmly.
- Breathe in and out, as you slowly bend the body to your right keeping your left hand straight in the air.
- Lower your right hand towards the floor.
- Try to stretch maximum keeping your arms in a straight line.
4. Half Moon Pose (Ardha Chandrasana):
- The pose tones the hips and legs and improves balance.
- It is an extended version of the triangle pose.
- Perform the triangle pose as above and lengthen your spine, opening your torso, shoulders and chest.
5. Dancing Shiva:
- Balance your whole body on one straight leg with the other leg curled backward high up in the air.
- It shapes the hip muscles.
- It also strengthens leg muscles and triceps.
[ Read: Yoga Poses To Tone Your Glutes ]
6. Warrior III Pose:
- Stand with one leg lifted at right angle.
- Extend the arms straight and lean in the forward direction keeping your chest in line with the lifted leg.
- Balance your whole body and remain in this position for few seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
7. Table Balancing Pose:
- Keep your feet and hands on the floor with your back, hips and shoulder lifted up.
- Lift your right arm and bring it in front of you.
- Straighten your left leg behind you.
- Pull the belly inside
- Inhale and lift both your left leg and right arm as much you can.
- Exhale and repeat with the opposite limbs.
8. Downward-Facing Dog Variation:
- For this posture, first keep your hands and feet on the floor with your shoulders, back and hips lifted.
- Straighten the knees.
- Put your head down and hold on for a few breaths.
- Press the hands and your left foot firmly on the floor.
- Lift the right leg towards the ceiling and rotate the foot towards the left side.
- Come back to normal position and repeat with the other leg.
9. Bridge Pose:
- Lie on the back with feet and hips placed wide apart.
- Press the feet firmly in the ground and lift your hips.
- Hold for 5 to 8 breaths and repeat.
- It tones your butt and engages core muscles.
[ Read: Butt Exercises For Toned Buttocks ]
- Stand straight with hands on the sides.
- Move right leg forward and bend its knee.
- Inhale and raise the hands in a direction parallel to the floor.
- Move the left leg backward for support.
- Stand in this pose for few breaths and repeat with the left leg.
Have you ever practiced yoga to reduce buttocks? Now you know the secret to a toned rear! So why wait? Pull out your yoga mat and get started with these effective yoga poses to tone buttocks! If you found this article interesting, please leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you!
- 3 Effective Yoga Asanas To Improve Your Flexibility
- 16 Effective Butt Exercises For Toned Buttocks
- 10 Best Yoga Exercises To Get Toned Abs
- 6 Donkey Kick Exercises For Firmer Buttocks
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- Stillman Diet: The What, The How And The Why - August 17, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015