Oh my! It’s that time of the month again when you have to deal with all the cramping, bloating, and, of course, the bleeding – sounds familiar, ladies? Periods are frustrating, and while some women barely feel their wrath, for many others, the monthly aunt flow can be quite an ordeal. Dealing with irregular periods and bearing with the excruciating pain those four days and the lead up to it is not the best feeling in the world.
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana
To know more about this asana, click here: Adho Mukha Svanasana
To know more about this asana, click here: Ustrasana
To know more about this asana, click here: Dhanurasana
To know more about this asana, click here: Malasana
To know more about this asana, click here: Matsyasana
How Does Yoga Help Solve The Period Problem?
Yoga is extremely effective when it comes to curing irregular periods and heavy blood flow and alleviating the cramps and pain. Yoga is the best medicine, and it cures all menstruation-related problems. Here’s how:
1. It stimulates the reproductive organs, which leads to their better functioning.
2. It reduces stress and completely relaxes your mind and body.
3. It regulates your metabolism, therefore allowing you to maintain your ideal weight.
4. It works on your hormones and balances them out.
Personally, I have grown up having horrible period pains. When I was in school, every month the drama would unfold, with me breaking into a sweat as the cramps took over. I would feel pukish and have excruciating pain. No medicine helped my cause. I would battle the pressure and pain until I forced myself into sleeping. The first day was always dreadful. Years later, the pain did get better and medicine did work, but my period still wasn’t stress-free.
Doctors suggested I practice yoga. I did. And now, not only has the pain become bearable, but also the whole ordeal has become tolerable. There is pain, but I don’t need medicine to keep it in check. The hormones are also balanced out. PMS is not extreme. I have stopped dreading this monthly process that is such a big part of me being a woman. Yoga has made me accept it. It has allowed me to be in sync with the natural processes of my body. Try it to believe it!
Now that you know how to get regular periods by yoga, what are you waiting for?
Disclaimer: While yoga is perfectly safe to practice even on your period, sometimes instructors advice you against it. Do listen to your instructor. You must be a regular to be able to practice yoga even while menstruating. Also, if your periods are extremely painful and irregular, you must consult a doctor. Yoga will work well alongside the treatment, but ask your doctor before you practice it.
Girls! Don’t dread your period. It is such an essential part of being the woman you are. Embrace it! Yoga will help you do so. Even if you don’t have any problems, yoga will ensure you don’t have any in future too.
- 3 Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Treat Asthma
- 4 Effective Yoga Asanas For Equestrians
- 8 Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Migraine
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Ovarian Cysts
- 3 Effective Yoga Asanas To Treat Vertigo
Latest posts by Shirin Mehdi (see all)
- Being Pregnant Is Not Easy; Let’s Make It Less Difficult For Her - May 5, 2017
- Are You As Happy As You Think You Are? - April 26, 2017
- What She Spreads On Her Skin, Everyone Has At Home – But Nobody Uses It! - March 15, 2017
- Do You Have A Lump On Your Neck, Back Or Behind Your Ear? This Is What It Means. - March 8, 2017
- 20 Fun Ways To Use A Banana As A Beauty Product - February 22, 2017