In these hectic days, tight schedules and busy lifestyle, depression engulfs a person very easily. A good yoga for depression is the best tool to help you overcome any signs of depression. Learn the best-in-class yoga styles with StyleCraze!
Yoga not only helps in achieving body balance, but also helps in balancing mind and soul. It acts as a stress buster and even helps relieve mild depression. Yoga poses help you in maintaining balance and also revitalize your mind, body and soul.
[ Read: Yoga ]
There are various yoga poses which helps to cure depression. Few of these are listed below. Follow the step by step instructions of yoga poses for depression given below and get started with a new cure for depression:
Yoga for Depression
This is also known as the lotus pose. This acts as a great depression buster. For this pose, you have to sit down on yoga mat in comfortable cross-legged position. Spread your legs straight out in front of you. Bend your right knee, lift it up with your right hand and place it on the outer side of your left thigh. Bend your left knee, lift it up with your left hand and place it on the outer side of your right thigh. This is known as Padmasana. Place your hands on your knees, plams facing downwards. This hand mudra is known as drone mudra. Sit in this pose for as much time as you can, close your eyes and relax.
2. Viparita Karani:
Lie down on the floor on your back, legs spread straight and hands placed beside the body. Pressurize on your buttocks and with a slight jerk try to push your legs in the upward direction. One can even support the position by resting legs against the wall. Keep your legs straight and buttocks firm. Remain steady, close your eyes and relax. Try to concentrate on your breathing.
[ Read: Power Yoga Workouts ]
3. Matsyasana:This asana is also known as the fish pose. Lie down on the floor on your back, hands placed besides the body. Now take a deep breath and try to lift up your body from your chest off the floor, tilt your head in such a way that the crown of your head rests on the ground. Slightly lift up your buttocks upwards and slowly slide your hands below your buttocks. Rest your buttocks on your hands. Keeping eyes closed; remain steady and relax. A perfect pose of yoga to fight depression.
[ Read: Stress Cause Dandruff ]
4. Setu bandh:
This asana is also known as bridge pose. Lie down on your back, hands placed besides the body. Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground. Keep distance between both the legs. The distance between your feet & your buttocks should be the same as that of your hands & feet. Lift up your hips & waist in the upward direction. Remain steady and relax.
This is also known as the corpse pose. This is the best relaxation pose which suits everyone. Here you have to lie down on the floor on your back. Let your body loose. Spread out your legs straight, letting them loose and away from the body in a comfortable position. Your hands have to be in the same position like your legs- spread apart from your body with your palms facing upwards. Relax your head but in a comfortable position. Relax your mind, body & soul. This pose is the best to combat depression.
Here is the video to Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
Now say NO to depression! A healthy and stress-free life is in store for you. Try practicing yoga for depression and anxiety along with deep breathing and meditation, and you will certainly find a way out of depressed lifestyle! Don’t forget to leave us a comment!
Latest posts by amruta (see all)
- Top 5 Yoga Asanas For A Healthy Heart - March 24, 2014
- Top 15 Yoga Videos From YouTube - March 5, 2014
- Iyengar Yoga – What Is It And How To Practice It? - February 28, 2014
- Top 5 yoga Asanas To Do In Bed - December 20, 2013
- Art Of Living Yoga – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - December 3, 2013