Did you tip back too many drinks last night and are wondering what you can do to get relief? If the answer is a ‘yes’, yoga can help to revive a fuzzy mind or aching body and speed the hangover recovery process. It’s a fact that a little yoga can go a long way to minimize suffering from hangovers.
Here are a couple of easy and simple poses in yoga for hangover that can surely help you.
1. Shavasana – Corpse Pose:
Unconscious sleeping is one of the worrisome side effects of hangovers, only to find yourself waking up with a bad neck and head pain. Corpse pose helps in easing the discomfort and offering better levels of focus. You can place a block beneath your head and roll your head sideways to massage the base of the skull and neck muscles. Or simple follow these steps for a Shavasana for instant relief.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your back, placing a folded blanket or soft block beneath the head.
- Let your arms and feet stay a little wider than hip width.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing patter.
- Roll your head sideways in slow, gentle movements to massage the neck muscles.
- Once you are comfortable with the movements, just lie down and relax.
[ Read: Home Remedies To Ease A Hangover ]
2. Balasana – Child’s Pose:
Balasana or a child’s pose exerts a gentle compression on your tummy, stimulating the peristalsis. It also improves the lymphatic circulation, paving way for better detoxification.
How To Do:
- From a Corpse pose, roll on your tummy.
- Inhale and push your torso backward in such a way that you are now kneeling down allowing the buttocks to rest on the heels.
- Allows the hands to rest in front of you and elbows, forearms, and palms resting on the floor.
- Let the forehead rest in the space in between your hands.
- Allow the tummy to rest gently on the thighs.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing lower abdomen and back to inflate with inhalation and deflate with exhalation.
3. Ustrasana – Camel Pose:
Give your paining muscles a dose of relief with this fabulous stretch. The camel pose calms your mind, prevents the surge of blood pressure, and averts sugar spikes. It is also known to be beneficial to ease cramps and pains experienced in the stomach as well as alleviating the congestion experienced in the head due to hangover.
[ Read: Exercises To Cure Hangover ]
How To Do:
- From Balasana, inhale and come into Vajrasana and allow your palms to rest on the thighs.
- Exhale and come on your knees, while thighs come perpendicular to the floor. Let the front side of the foot be placed firmly on the floor.
- Inhale and lift your hands over the head.
- Keeping the hands on the hips, exhale, and bend backward fixing your gaze onto the ceiling. If you are feeling dizzy, which you might, keep the gaze fixed on a point in front of you.
- Hold the posture for 10 deep breaths.
- Inhale and come back to Vajrasana.
4. Janu Sirsasana – Head To Knee Pose:
Headaches and uneasiness are common symptoms of hangovers. You can ease these conditions while stimulating your kidneys and liver for cleansing with this fabulous pose in yoga for a hangover relief.
[ Read: Foods To Cure A Hangover ]
How To Do:
- From Vajrasana, extend both your legs forward.
- Bend the right leg at knee, allowing the sole of the right foot to rest on the inside of the left thigh.
- Keep the pelvis on the floor while hips are squared, facing the front.
- Inhale and lift both the hands over the head.
- Exhale and fold forward, allowing the tummy to rest on thighs and hold the right foot.
- Hold the pose, breathing deeply, for 10 deep breaths.
- Inhale and come up.
- Repeat the same with other side.
Have you ever tried yoga for hangover? Instead of reaching out to the drug cabinet and popping in some pills to ward off headaches, nausea, and upset tummy triggered by hangover, you can try these poses. Try these yoga poses for hangover and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- Top 10 Yoga Asanas For Treating Osteoporosis
- 3 Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Treat Asthma
- 5 Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Groin Pain
- 4 Best Yoga Poses To Cure Headache
- 10 Yoga Poses To Help You Treat Cold
Latest posts by Nithya Shrikant (see all)
- 4 Amazing Yoga Poses To Cure Your Hangover - April 6, 2015
- 5 Yummilicious Chinese Egg Noodles Recipes You Should Try - March 31, 2015
- 10 Healthy Homemade Protein Shake Recipes - March 31, 2015
- Rocket Yoga- What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - March 31, 2015
- 15 Healthy Brown Rice Recipes You Should Try - March 31, 2015