While we all want to ensure that our kids develop healthy eating habits, it may seem a tedious task for many, especially working mothers. Kids too can develop a penchant for fried snacks and meats of various types. And making them eat the vegetables served on their plates can be a battle.
So today, we present to you 5 interesting recipes, which you can make by using carrots. We do not need to tell you that most kids detest vegetables like bitter gourd, spinach or cabbage, but carrot may be the one veggie you can use to make some yummy dishes that your child is sure to spoon into!
5 Carrot Recipes For Kids:
Now that you know how carrots benefit the human body, let us go through a few delicious carrot recipes that will surely convert your kids into veggie lovers!
This is one delicious and nutritious meal you can offer the kids.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare this recipe
- 5 small carrots
- Orange juice
How To Make:
- It is necessary to slice carrots in small pieces.
- Cook them until they become slightly soft and then drain the water.
- Now mix carrot with sugar, ginger, salt and cornstarch and put the mix in a saucepan.
- Now add orange juice to this and stir till the mixture turns thick.
- Stir in the butter over it. Serve it hot with rice or bread.
[ Read: Yummy Vegetable Juice Recipes ]
2. Carrot Salad With Lemon Honey:
This yummy dish is going to offer a yummy, yet healthy salad recipe to your kid.
To make this yummy dish you will need to take 2 cups of shredded carrots. For this salad recipe you will also need:
- Lemon juice
- Shredded celery root
- Golden raisins
- Chopped walnuts
- Freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Canola or walnut oil can be used to make it.
How To Make:
Mix the oil, honey, lemon juice, shallot, pepper and salt in a pan. Then pour carrots, celery root, walnuts and raisins over it. Toss it well before serving. Ensure the vegetables are properly washed and tender before making the dish.
3. Carrot Croquettes:
To make this crunchy dish, you need to take 2 cups or a little more steamed carrot. You will also need:
- Egg white bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese.
- Garlic powder
- Salt, sugar, and some parsley sprigs to garnish the dish.
How To Make:
- Start with blending all the ingredients together except for the bread crumbs. It will be used for coating.
- Then shape the mixture on cone-shaped carrots.
- Roll in those bread crumbs and then set on a platter.
- Next, spray some non-stick spray on the skillet. As an alternative, you can use olive oil in a pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and fry the croquettes till they become golden brown. Turn them upside down to ensure they do not become blackish.
- Arrange them on a serving plate and pour on parsley for garnishing.
4. Honey-Glazed Carrots:
This can be served to the toddlers as a side dish with meat preparations. This is a dish that adults too will be licking away. The main ingredients are:
- Thinly sliced carrots
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Grated orange rind and some water.
How To Make:
- At first, boil the water in a mid-sized pan.
- Then pour in carrots.
- Cook them for 15 minutes or so till they become soft.
- Drain the water, and then mix carrots with all other ingredients.
- Serve in a medium sized bowl after garnishing with some raisins and walnuts.
5. Honeyed Carrot Soup:
Here’s a simple carrot soup recipe for kids that you can have along with the main course or just drink it up for supper with some toasted bread. This soup is always a big hit with kids as it has a mildly sweet flavor.
To make this delicious soup, you will need:
- Sliced leek
- Roughly chopped carrots
- Dried chilli flakes
- Bay leaf
- Vegetable stock.
How To Make:
- Melt butter in a pan and add leeks and cook for some time.
- Then add chilli, carrots and bay leaf. Again cook for a few minutes.
- Then pour in the stock, boil for half an hour on low heat.
- Add the seasoning before turning off the flame.
- Spread yogurt on top before serving. You may replace the yogurt with sour cream too.
[ Read: Yummy Carrot Recipes ]
Benefits Of Carrots:
The slightly sweet taste, bright hue and unique texture of carrots can be used to tempt your kids. Besides, carrot also contains nutrients like beta carotene and minerals. Listed below are a few health benefits of this crunchy orange power veggie:
- Good for the Eyes: Rich in beta carotene, carrots find its way on the top of the list of veggies that help in improving the vision.
- Slows Down Aging: The beta carotene in carrots, also helps slow down aging considerably.
- Powerful Antiseptic: Shredded or boiled carrots can be applied on cuts and wounds, for they have antiseptic properties and help prevent infection.
- Cleanses the Body: The Vitamin A in carrots helps in flushing out toxins from the body. The fiber also helps to keep the colon clean naturally.
- Healthy Teeth and Gums: Crunch a carrot a day and you may never have to brush your teeth again! Carrots help in removing the plaque and debris settled in the crevices of the teeth. The minerals in it help prevent tooth decay.
These 5 carrot recipes for kids make a healthy alternative to deep fried snacks and patties. Inculcating good eating habits from an early age goes a long way in the growth and development of your child. Try out these simple kid friendly carrot recipes at home today and be a super mom.
Do you know any other carrot recipes? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 5 Mouthwatering Egg Recipes For Kids
- Top 10 Yummy Snack Recipes For Kids
- Top 5 Mouthwatering Chocolate Recipes For Kids
- 15 Yummy Dessert Recipes For Your Kids
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 8 Marvelous Benefits Of Cottage Cheese - September 1, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- A to Z Of Diverticulitis Diet - August 27, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015