Did a new recipe you just tried leave you with leftover egg whites? Or have you always wanted to have a dessert prepared with eggs? Then look no further, because this post has exactly what you want!
Believe it or not, the recipes you are going to read now are going to entice your taste buds like never before! So delay no more, and get ahead with your reading!
Let’s have a look at 5 Yummy Dessert Recipes with Egg whites:
1. Egg White Dessert- Pavlova:
Using egg whites in place of whole eggs is a great way to make your desserts light and reduce the amount of calories.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Diced fruits
- Beat egg whites until tight. Gradually add sugar while beating.
- Beat the mixture until glossy and thick and then put in vanilla extract vinegar and cornstarch.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into the centre of a dish lined with parchment paper and then spread it outside while raising the edges.
- Bake for an hour and cool.
- Place meringue on a plate.
- Beat heavy cream and fill it in the centre of the meringue.
- Top with diced fruits.
[ Read: Scotch Egg Recipes ]
2. Coconut Macaroons:
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 315 F.
- Whisk together egg whites, vanilla, honey and sea salt in a bowl.
- Then add the shredded coconut to the mixture. Mix well.
- Place small mound of the mixture on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- Cool and serve!
3. Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts:
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat together egg white and 1 tbsp water until frothy.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine almonds, pecans and egg white mixture.
- Mix in brown sugar mixture. Mix well and spread evenly over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
[ Read: Mouthwatering Egg Recipes ]
4. White Cake:
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter (6 oz), softened
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease two baking dishes.
- Whisk together extract, egg whites and milk.
- Then combine sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a mixer.
- Add butter to the mix. Continue beating till it becomes thick.
- Add the milk mixture and beat again.
- Pour the mix evenly into the two dishes.
- Once the cake is ready you can prepare your favourite butter cream and add to the cake layers.
5. Chocolate Chip Angel Food Cupcakes:
Here comes one of the best egg white dessert recipes – chocolate loaded. This will be an all time favorite dish for your kids too.
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 5 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips
[ Read: Egg Casserole Recipes ]
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease muffin dish.
- Mix cake flour and sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat the whites till fluffy and add salt and cream of tartar.
- Put in vanilla extract and beat egg whites till thick and set.
- Now, gradually combine the flour and all other ingredients with the egg mix.
- Pour the mix evenly into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you thought making desserts was cumbersome, you now know that it’s not the case. These dessert recipes with egg whites are easy to put together and low on cholesterol and fat. Try them today!
Which of these recipes is your favorite? Do you know any other egg white recipes for desserts? Share with us in the comments section below!
- 15 Yummy Dessert Recipes For Your Kids
- The 5 Chocolate Recipes That Can Make Your Valentine’s Day An Unforgettable One!
- Top 5 Mouthwatering Chocolate Recipes For Kids
- 15 Delicious Rice Kheer Recipes You Must Try
- 5 Delicious Apple Recipes Your Kids Will Love
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- Stillman Diet: The What, The How And The Why - August 17, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015