Insider – Maansi
The insider has but one aim. To bring to the forefront what it is about makeup that makes your fav Bloggers fall head over heels in love with it! This week is going to be about what Maansi of http://circular-in-sanity.blogspot.in had to say to us..
1. What was it that prompted you to begin writing about beauty and make up?
Thanks to my oily, acne-prone skin, I am always looking for products which actually work. One fine day, I came across some site which had different people telling about their experiences and what worked for them and I thought, I should do that too! I started writing a blog. Btw, I still have not written that one post which made me think about beauty blogging!
2. For how long has your blog been up and running?
I started my blog in last week of August 2011. Although, judging by the way I go around acting as if I have it all figured out, people feel I am pro-blogger or something. Well, I am not! I am. In fact, quite a procrastinator and had there been some award for it, I would have won it. I started blogging seriously sometime in November 2011.
3. From where did your love for makeup and beauty care stem? (first exposure)
As a kid, things kept on the dressing table, fascinated me. I remember wasting a lot of talcum powder by trying to dissolve it in water, which obviously never happened! I am mainly, a hoarder of skin care products.
4. What was the first beauty product you ever used?
Like I said , talcum powder. I was not specific about the brands so I, without being picky, would try to dissolve any brand my mother bought!
5.Your most loved product that you just can’t do without? And why?
I love Green Leaf Aloe Vera gel from Brihans because of its various uses. You can use it for an insect bite or to get rid of the dark circles. Other than that, I keep on experimenting. Lately, I have become obsessed about hand creams and nail polishes and I just keep collecting them.
6. How is it that you believe you are able to help your readers?
Telling them about my good or bad experience helps them in selecting a product or a shopping site, for that matter. I am not saying that everything which suits me will suit everybody else but yes, reading about my experience will help them make a decision.
7. What does it feel like knowing that your words influence decisions that matter so much to those that come to you with questions?
You feel responsible for what you say and what you recommend. You cannot just go around taking things lightly because your opinions matter to people.
8. Have you ever met one of your subscribers face to face? How does it feel?
I haven’t met any of my subscribers face to face but I will definitely like to meet at least some of them, one day. Even if one of my silent readers comes up and comments, it makes me so very happy!
9. How has caring about yourself influenced your life? Personally and professionally?
I have never *not* cared about myself to know the difference. Call me self-obsessed if you want but I think everybody needs to spend some ‘me’ time regardless of what you do with it.
10. What is the one thing that you would advise people to follow as a beauty care routine on a daily basis?
Never ever scrub vigorously as it will only make your skin break out and always moisturize, even if your skin is oily.