The Insider – Rekha
The insider has but one aim. To bring to the forefront what it is about makeup that makes your fav Bloggers fall head over heels in love with it! This week is going to be about what Rekha of http://www.glitterandgorgeous.com had to say to us..
1. What was it that prompted you to begin writing about beauty and make up?
I was on a sabbatical from work for a few weeks and one day I was looking for an online review on a good eye makeup remover and I couldn’t find any at that time, I guess that was my trigger point
2. For how long has your blog been up and running?
Well it’s been almost 9 months … my first post was published on June 10th 2011
3. From where did your love for makeup and beauty care stem? (first exposure)
It was all from my Mom she’s 50 plus and still has a beautiful, radiant skin and no grey hairs this age (touchwood) She is my greatest all time inspiration.
4. What was the first beauty product you ever used?
It was a Lakme lip gloss; it was a gift from my aunt when I was 17
5. Your most loved product that you just can’t do without? And why?
If its makeup then I would say my Faces eyeliner, because it will instantly brighten up my face and if its skincare then it would be my Himalayas Neem face wash, because it has helped me with blemish free healthy skin for the past 3 years
6. How is it that you believe you are able to help your readers?
Beauty/Makeup has always been a costly affair being a beauty blogger I believe that I have a great responsibility because my review helps my readers to choose or decide the product, which means they trust me with their beauty and money! For this reason I always take my time to analyze and experiment the product before writing a review and seeing the response I get from my readers solves my blogging purpose! And yes my journey continues – I am still in the process of finding better ways to help my readers
7. What does it feel like knowing that your words influence decisions that matter so much to those that come to you with questions?
Well it has always been a mixed feeling for me – a sense of fear/cautiousness (caused by the huge responsibility) and a sense of happiness (that I’ve been trusted)
8. Have you ever met one of your subscribers face to face? How does it feel?
I am waiting for the day in fact I’ve spoken to a couple of them over phone and it was like “wow there are so many nice things about me” feeling Bliss!!
9. How has caring about yourself influenced your life? Personally and professionally?
Personally – I am happy, confident and healthy!
Professionally – More Respect – for the way I am and the work I do!
10. What is the one thing that you would advise people to follow as a beauty care routine on a daily basis?
Never sleep with your makeup on! Whatever be the time you get back home, spend few minutes to cleanse your face. Remember “dirt” is the greatest enemy for your skin – chuck it out before you sleep for a healthy glowing and happy skin.