The 17th birthday is no less than any other birthday we celebrate. Hence, it should be celebrated with equal vigor and zeal, if not more, like the other so-called milestone birthdays. Here is a list of 17th birthday ideas you can use to surprise your teen.
As the 17th birthday comes between the two so-called milestone birthdays, everyone tends to overlook it and duly celebrate it. However, we recommend you celebrate it on par with other birthdays as no occasion to celebrate should be left out. In this article, we have compiled a comprehensive list of birthday ideas that you can use to make your teen’s birthday a special one. It covers all parts of the celebrations, from cake to cuisine, décor to the theme. Continue reading to know more about 17th birthday party ideas, how to organize them, and more. Scroll down!
In This Article
28 17th Birthday Ideas
Are you lost and clueless about how to throw a fabulous party to suit your child’s expectations? Try to initiate a party that would be enticing. An outing or a trip can be included in the plan as well. You will see us trying to shed light on almost every aspect you need to adhere to while preparing for a unique party besides getting to know about cool 17th birthday party ideas.
17th Birthday Party Ideas
A witty trick to planning a fab birthday bash for your 17-year-old is to focus on their interests and ideas through the party arrangements, while also being aware of the latest party trends. Here are some cool things that you can do for your teen’s perfect birthday party.
- Throw A Massive Pool Party
If it’s a summer birthday, pitch in this idea to your plan. Nothing can get more fun than chilling in pristine waters with some beach costumes, mocktails, delicious food, and good music.
- Plan An Amusement Park Visit
Everyone loves the amusement park! Book tickets for your kid and their guests and let them shout their hearts out while enjoying the thrilling rides.
- Go On Camping And Trekking Adventures
Does not an outdoor activity sound exciting for the energetic and enthusiastic ones? Get the equipment ready and make the arrangements beforehand. Treat them to a trek in nature’s trail.
- Buy Surprise Concert Tickets
Get tickets to a music concert for your child and their friends. Just do some research and book tickets for an artist or band, keeping their taste of genre in mind.
- Party On A Yacht
You need to book a private yacht before inviting the guests. Let the management know about your preferences and choices regarding the theme, decorations, food, and drinks, then it’s all set to go.
- Host A Streaming Party
Every teenager is into binge-watching the latest episodes of their favorite shows these days. If your teen prefers staying indoors, let them invite their friends over for a streaming party. Do not forget to arrange lots of snacks and drinks!
- Go Indoor Skydiving
Skydiving is a bucket-list item for many. And, how cool it is that you now have indoor skydiving arenas in your neighborhood! So, take the kids to enjoy this supremely thrilling experience in a safe environment.
- Plan A Pizza-Making Party
Pizza is the classic party food, and making your own Pizzas in the company of friends is a lot of fun. Arrange different toppings and readymade sauces and bases. Let all the teen guests get creative with this activity. With this, an item on the menu is also taken care of!
17th Birthday Ideas for Boys
Well, in the case of boys, it is better to reflect on their youth and energy while buying any presents or setting up the party. Keep it cool, fun, and creative by taking inspiration from these 17th birthday party ideas for guys.
- Video Games:Rent some video game consoles and invite his friends over to a gaming evening or night at the house.
- Paintball Party:Let your boy visit a nearby paintball park with his friends or else set up an arrangement at home itself by preparing plastic guns and color-filled balls. You can offer them to splatter paint on a canvas, or else they can do that on each other.
- Go-Kart Racing:A go-kart racing sport is a fun outdoor treat for your child if he loves cars as well as car racing. An adventure such as go-kart racing is a great outdoor activity to create memories.
17th Birthday Ideas for Girls
Looking for unique 17th birthday party ideas for girls? We’ve got you covered again! Check our 17th girl birthday ideas below and get inspired in making your girl child feel special and loved.
- Surfing At Beach:Take your child and their friends to a beach and let the instructor guide them to surf cautiously. Get some food and drinks and let them party.
- Shopping Party And Fashion Show:It can be a low-cost party if you take them to an affordable store. You can even hire a personal shopper to assist them in buying new outfits. This will surely be fun when you organize a fashion show later, inviting her friends to dress up the way they want to.
- Sleepover At A Hotel: Since older teens enjoy something fancy and most of all, they could die for some independence. To provide this, just go ahead and book a hotel room for them and their friends where they could all go and enjoy dinner, pool party, movies and a sleepover, lastly.
- Book Club Party: This is one of the most productive ideas if your girl is an ardent lover of books. Invite her bibliophile friends over and make them have their turns in reading chapters as well as from a book and letting them have their discussion about the plot.
17th Birthday Party Decoration Ideas
To decorate your birthday party in the best possible way, take note of the following items, which seem paramount for a basic birthday party, be it a sweet 16 or 17th birthday.
- Banners:Birthday banners are the most crucial element to a birthday party. Choose from a set of colors and sizes which are available in the shops. To keep it unique, you can create your own DIY or customized banner using a myriad of colors as well as battery-operated string LED lights.
- Balloons And Confetti:A lively teenager would definitely like rich-colored balloons filled with confetti. Prepare a wall full of confetti. However, the trendy and classy tip is to color coordinate.
- Photographs:Start by placing the birthday child’s photos and displaying them on the table. You can make it creative by hanging their childhood photographs on the wall.
- Table Decor And Cutlery:Arrange your cutlery, table cloths, centerpieces, and other decor items according to the chosen theme. It would seem more sophisticated and alluring to the eyes of the guests.
17th Birthday Theme Ideas
We have picked the top themes for uniquely organizing a 17th birthday party.
- Neon Party:It is one of the versatile parties, which is an excellent theme for both tweens and teens. Make use of neon-colored streamers and decor items. You can spray neon colors on some of the items which you would not find in neon colors.
- Hippies Against Hipsters Party:Announce this theme to the guests before sending them party invitations. And enjoy how they come up dressed as hippies or hipsters. Keep your camera ready to take snaps of the guests.
- Murder Mystery:Mystery games are always fun to enliven a party. Unleash the inner Nancy Drew and make it a blast by arranging a mystery kit and setting the crime scene (not a real one, of course). Offer the necessary costumes and outfits by assigning them the characters, and at the end of the night, the play murderer will be revealed.
- Angels Against Devils Theme:Set up the decor, food, and theme to match the theme. You can offer masks and horns to the guests which they can wear at the party itself. Indeed, it would be pretty fun to see a gathering of angels and devils together, enjoying food, dancing, and chit-chatting with each other.
17th Birthday Ideas For Families
During the Covid pandemic reaching its peak, it is wiser enough to plan a safe birthday party, including just your family members. Here are some of the “17th birthday party ideas at home.”
- Dining Out In A Restaurant:Rent a table at your favorite restaurant for your family and go out to dine there. You can provide the management with necessary instructions and arrangements regarding food and setup.
- Organize A Backyard Bonfire:At the comfort of your home, you can organize a bonfire in your backyard. Prepare some delicious food like hamburgers, steaks and hot dogs. Make it the best night by playing some music and dancing outdoors.
- Plan A Family Slumber Party:Decorate the room and instruct all the family members to wear comfy clothes for the party. Play a family movie, have conversations, play fun games and serve dinner. Get hold of your blankets and pillows before assembling to sleep in the main hall. This is simple yet enjoyable.
- Create And Watch A Memory Slideshow Together With Your Family:You will be filled with immense joy seeing your child enjoying their favorite childhood memories. Bring their favorite snacks and surprise them with a self-baked or customized birthday cake.
- Host A BBQ Party:If you enjoy hosting parties outdoors, it seems a smarter option. A night out with your close ones while setting up a BBQ grill and preparing your favorite steak or pork chops is deemed efficacious in case of a family party. You can even invite your child’s one or two closest friends to the party.
Organizing the 17th birthday party for your feisty teenager can be the opposite of a cakewalk. For starters, teenagers have their worlds, ideas, and convictions, not to mention the mood swings that can be as treacherous to navigate as the world’s toughest mountain ranges. To make the most of the celebrations and run them without hiccups, communicate your desire to throw them a party and ask for their input to understand what they want and who they would like to share their special day with. You can also share your picks from these 17th birthday ideas and then come to a decision. Remember, your teenager wants nothing more than to be seen, heard, and respected as an individual, so consulting them will be a win-win.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 17th birthday called?
The 17th birthday is often referred to as a sweet seventeenth birthday and holds special importance in everyone’s life. One feels more mature and grown at this stage but is still a teenager.
Is 17 your golden birthday?
17th birthday may be considered your golden birthday if your birthdate is 17th. A Golden birthday is the birthday where your age coincides with your birth date.
What do you write on a 17th birthday card?
A 17th birthday is special for everyone. You can wish them luck, happiness, and success for the upcoming adult years, or you can include a few lines expressing your affection toward them.
- When you turn 17, you feel more mature and grown-up, but you are also still a teenager.
- Celebrate this unique age with a creative themed party.
- Throwing a pool party, going on a road trip, or organizing a themed party are some of the ways you can make a splash out of your 17th birthday celebrations.