Flabby arms look as bad as a jiggly tummy. They make you look older, unfit, and on top of that sleeveless clothes are just out of the question! In fact, flabby arms can ruin your entire look even if you have a perfect figure. This can affect your confidence and create a negative body image.
All said and done, how do we get rid of flabby arms? And more importantly, what causes them? Read to find out!
Table Of Contents
What Causes Flabby Arms ?
Flabby arms are caused due to two primary reasons. One, our skin tends to lose its elasticity as we age and two, due to excess fat accumulation. Hormonal imbalance may also cause flabby arms. So, if you are someone who is aiming to look perfect with toned arms, you should get rid of those unsightly flabby arms. And the best way to achieve that is by working on your biceps and triceps. In this article, we have listed 10 best arm exercises that will help you shed the extra arm fat and build lean muscle. So, ladies let’s not waste any more time worrying, let’s work it out!
Exercises For Flabby Arms
1. Triceps Dips
If you are working out at home, place your arms on a chair or bench and elevate your feet by putting a stool under them.
- Assume the starting position by placing your arms behind your back, gripping a bench or the rack.
- From the starting position, slowly lower yourself. Keep your body upright and your elbows, tucked close to your sides.
- Concentrate on lowering your body only with the triceps. Ensure that your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- After this, push your body back up using only your triceps. Repeat.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station, Heavy Duty Ultimate Body Press Bar with Safety Connector for Tricep... 519 Reviews $49.99 Buy on Amazon 2 BalanceFrom Multi-Function Dip Stand Dip Station Dip bar with Improved Structure Design, 500-Pound... 168 Reviews $49.99 Buy on Amazon 3 AmazonBasics Dip Fitness Bar - 34 x 32 x 38 Inches, Black 338 Reviews $51.99 Buy on Amazon
Push-ups are primarily chest exercises, but they also work the triceps as a secondary muscle. They are one of the most common measures of strength.
- Place your hands with the palms facing downward on the floor, shoulder-width apart, with a slight bend in your arms. Keep your feet together. Support your weight on your hands and toes.
- Lower yourself until your chest is almost touching the floor. Inhale as you do this.
- Exhale and push your body up back to the first position.
- Steady yourself at the top and repeat.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Push Up Bars - Home Workout Equipment Pushup Handle with Cushioned Foam Grip and Non-Slip Sturdy... 377 Reviews $11.99 Buy on Amazon 2 CAP Barbell Push Up Bars (Pair), Chrome 1,820 Reviews $12.80 Buy on Amazon 3 Perfect Fitness Perfect Pushup Elite 2,836 Reviews $27.39 Buy on Amazon
3. Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep kickbacks require two light dumbbells. If you don’t have any at home, you can use one-liter water bottles.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- While you are standing, bend your knees slightly, keeping your back straight, and bend forward slightly. Your body should be almost parallel to the floor. Keep your head up and your arms close to your sides such that there is a 90-degree angle between your forearm and upper arm.
- Keep your shoulders locked to your sides while extending your arms back. Focus on the contraction of your triceps only.
- Hold for two seconds and lower your arms to the starting position. Avoid swinging your arms.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 AmazonBasics 20 Pounds Neoprene Workout Dumbbell Weights with Weight Rack - 3 Pairs of Dumbbells 7,644 Reviews $28.49 Buy on Amazon 2 Spri Dumbbells Deluxe Vinyl Coated Hand Weights All-Purpose Color Coded Dumbbell For Strength... 1,999 Reviews $12.98 Buy on Amazon 3 BalanceFrom BF-D358 Dumbbell Set with Stand, 32 lb 3,290 Reviews $36.99 Buy on Amazon
4. Tricep Extensions
Tricep extension is an amazing exercise for triceps and helps to make the triceps stronger and more toned.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands, with the thumbs wrapped around it for better grip. The dumbbell should be held behind your head, and your palms must face the ceiling.
- Your upper arms should be close to your head. The elbows should be close to your eyes and perpendicular to the floor.
- Lower your upper arms until the weight is touching the upper part of your back. Don’t move your elbows. Keep them locked close to your ears.
- Use your triceps to raise the dumbbell up with your arms fully extended over your head. Exhale as you do this.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 SPRI Dumbbells Deluxe Vinyl Coated Hand Weights All-Purpose Color Coded Dumbbell for Strength... 1,999 Reviews $15.98 Buy on Amazon 2 SPRI Dumbbells Deluxe Rubber Coated Hand Weights All-Purpose Color Coded Dumbbell for Strength... 400 Reviews $49.59 Buy on Amazon 3 Fitness Republic Vinyl Coated Dumbbells Hex Shaped, Roll Free, Non Slip Hand Weights for Strength... 23 Reviews $28.99 Buy on Amazon
5. Bent Over Row
To perform a bent over row, you will need a barbell. A set of dumbbells can also be used as an alternative.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grab a barbell with your palms facing down.
- Bend forward and slightly bend your knees. Keep your back straight. Your torso should be parallel to the floor, and your head pointed up.
- Keep your elbows close to your body. Breathe out, and pull the bar towards your chest, just below your ribs. Exhale as you do this.
- At this position, squeeze your back muscles and hold.
- Lower the bar down to the starting position, just around your knees. Repeat.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 AmazonBasics 20 Pounds Neoprene Workout Dumbbell Weights with Weight Rack - 3 Pairs of Dumbbells 7,644 Reviews $28.49 Buy on Amazon 2 BalanceFrom BF-D358 Dumbbell Set with Stand, 32 lb 3,290 Reviews $36.99 Buy on Amazon 3 j/fit Dumbbell Set w/Durable Rack | Solid Design | Double Neoprene Coated Workout Weights Non-Chip... 648 Reviews $42.99 Buy on Amazon
6. One-Arm Side Push-Up
The one-arm push-up is a useful exercise for targeting the triceps and getting rid of those flabby arms.
- Lie on your side with the knees slightly bent.
- Place your left arm on your right shoulder.
- Push your torso up with your right arm on the floor, palm facing up.
- Switch sides and repeat.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Power Press Push Up ~ Color-Coded Push Up Board System 1,534 Reviews $49.99 Buy on Amazon 2 BalanceFrom BFGY-AP6GY Go Yoga All Purpose Anti-Tear Exercise Yoga Mat with Carrying Strap, Gray 19,515 Reviews $15.99 Buy on Amazon 3 Taytop Push Up Board, 12-in-1 Workout Board Portable Push Up Board Training System for Men Women... 54 Reviews $29.99 Buy on Amazon
7. The Windmill
Rotating the upper arms and the shoulders gives your arms a thorough workout and builds strength in the upper arms, shoulders, and neck muscles. The biceps and triceps are the secondary muscles targeted.
- Raise your arms in front of you at the shoulder level, parallel to the ground.
- Now, raise your arms upwards and rotate them backwards and down and front again in a 360-degree motion like the blades of a windmill.
- Repeat this motion 20 times forward and 20 times backwards.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Fit Simplify Resistance Band Set 12 Pieces with Exercise Tube Bands, Door Anchor, Ankle Straps,... 543 Reviews $22.95 Buy on Amazon 2 Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set with Door Anchor, Ankle Strap, Exercise Chart, and... 7,870 Reviews $22.93 Buy on Amazon 3 SPRI Xertube Resistance Bands Exercise Cords, Purple, Ultra Heavy 1,607 Reviews $15.92 Buy on Amazon
8. The Wave Goodbye
The motion of waving your arms lets you twist your arms, right from your wrists to your shoulders. This means that you are stretching all your arm muscles and toning your arm.
- Raise your arms to the shoulder level to your sides.
- Start waving your palms as if you are waving goodbye to someone.
- Keep your upper arms still. Move only your palms.
- Speed up the process such that you wave about 100 times in a minute. Do three sets of 100 waves each.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 CHAREADA 22 Pack Resistance Bands Set Workout Bands, 5 Stackable Exercise Bands 5 Loop Resistance... 511 Reviews $36.99 Buy on Amazon 2 Letsfit Resistance Loop Bands, Resistance Exercise Bands for Home Fitness, Stretching, Strength... 6,490 Reviews $10.90 Buy on Amazon 3 Tribe 11PC Premium Resistance Bands Set, Workout Bands - with Door Anchor, Handles and Ankle Straps... 5,220 Reviews $22.98 Buy on Amazon
9. The Prayer Pose
When you join your hands together, your triceps are engaged. When you move your hands up and down, your biceps are engaged. This way, you are working out your triceps and biceps together and toning your upper arms with each repetition.
- Join your hands in a praying pose above your head.
- Bring your joined palms down to the front of your chest.
- Raise your joined hands again.
- Repeat this for 30 repetitions.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Arm Slimmers Lose Arm Fat - Arm Wraps for Flabby Arms - Arm Trimmers for Weight Loss - Arm Sweat... 48 Reviews $25.95 Buy on Amazon 2 OMORC Resistance Loop Bands, Resistance Exercise Bands for Legs Butt Core Arms Yoga Fitness, Workout... 87 Reviews $9.29 Buy on Amazon 3 Revolast Arms and Thigh Trimmers for Weight Loss - Arm Wraps - Arm Sweat Bands for Women and Men -... 106 Reviews $26.95 Buy on Amazon
10. Arm Stretches
When you interlock your hands, your triceps are engaged. Pulling the hands to the opposite sides creates a further stretch in the triceps, thereby toning them. This exercise for flabby arms is great for those who have loose fat hanging on their triceps.
- Raise your hands above your head.
- Hold your right wrist with your left hand and your left wrist with your right hand, thereby interlocking your hands.
- Now, with your right hand, pull your left hand towards your right such that your left elbow falls behind your head.
- Release the tension and take your arms back to the center without releasing your wrists.
- With your left hand, pull your right hand towards the left such that your right elbow falls behind your head.
- Again, release the pull and take your hands to the center. Repeat this for at least two sets of 20 repetitions each.
# Preview Product Rating Price 1 Ergo360 Soft Chair Arm Pad Covers Stretch Over Armrests 10.5" to 13" Long. Restore, Protect, and... 86 Reviews $28.50 Buy on Amazon 2 Home Fashion Designs Solid Twill Sofa Slipcover. One Piece Stretch Couch Cover. Strapless Arm Sofa... 687 Reviews $29.99 Buy on Amazon 3 Upper Body Stretching - Neck, Shoulders, Back and Arms Stretches 4 Reviews $0.99 Buy on Amazon
These 10 exercises are all you need to make those loose, flabby arms well-toned. What are you waiting for? Get started today!
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- 15 Best Cuticle Scissors For Beautiful Fingernails - June 12, 2020
- 13 Best Moisturizers For 4C Hair For Soft And Nourished Coils - June 10, 2020
- 13 Best Color-Safe Dandruff Shampoos (2020) For All Hair Types - May 21, 2020
- Sirtfood Diet – Healthy Diet Plan For Faster Weight Loss - May 20, 2020
- 13 Best Lifting Straps Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Tips - May 7, 2020