Memorable 40th Birthday Ideas To Make It Special & Delightful
Fun and creative ideas to make your milestone birthday celebration extra special.
Coming up with your 40th birthday ideas may not be as easy as you think. Do you want to celebrate it with pomp and grandeur but caught up in your busy work schedule? You cannot afford to take any chances. Of course, all birthdays are special, but something is more special about the 40th birthday. This phase in your life is considered as Ruby Jubilee, where you may be starting to achieve or have achieved what you had planned as a youngster. So, celebrate your success and make your birthday bash memorable for you and your guests. From choosing the menu and theme to organizing fun activities, this article lists some of the best ideas to celebrate your 40th birthday. Keep scrolling to check them out.
In This Article
Unforgettable 40th Birthday Party Ideas
Even if it’s not your 40th birthday, you can plan surprise parties, trips, and games for your loved ones by using your creativity. From a wide array of options to choose from, we’re here to rescue you by narrowing down the options to the most creative 40th birthday ideas.
40th Birthday Ideas For Her
Want some catchy ideas for a 40th birthday celebration for a woman? Considering the interests and personality of that woman reaching 40, you can plan to choose a gift for her birthday.
- Jade Roller Face Massager: With her advancing age, a woman cannot turn back to her younger appearance. However, growing old gracefully can be attained by using a Jade Roller, which would soothe her skin.
- Candles And Perfumes: Candles characterized by unique scents will be appreciated by every woman. Gifting fragrances are a mainstream thing; still, it never fails to impress a woman.
- Designer Bag: Whether you give her a Gucci or Chanel designer bag, she will light up with joy if she is obsessed with maintaining a collection.
40th Birthday Ideas For Him
To commemorate this special birthday, you can give a man something extraordinary, ranging from something simple to fancy.
- A Watch Case: To keep his watches organized and clean, an exquisite wooden and leather watch case with his name engraved on it can be a perfect gift idea.
- Connoisseur Wine Set Box: Is that man a wine lover? If yes, you can give him this amazing classy box set that comes with stainless steel wine glasses. It will be a unique addition to his collection.
- A Beer Brewing Machine: For someone hitting off their 40’s who is a beer lover too, what can be a better gift than a brewing machine?!
- Cruise Party: Renting a cruise ship for a grand celebration of one’s 40th birthday is quite extravagant.
40th Birthday Celebration Ideas For Husband
Being together with him for more than a decade, no person other than you can be savvy about his preferences.
- Plan A Wine And Dine Feast: This can be planned at a luxurious eatery or home with his dear ones around.
- Get Him A Decanter Set: He will be beyond happy and won’t stop flaunting to his buddies if you give him a decanter set to hold his whiskey.
- A Dress Watch Will Add Elegance To His Personality: As he ages, let him wear a dress watch to match his professional wardrobe. That will beef up his personality.
- Hey, Have You Forgotten About A Card Holder?: A cardholder is a functional gift because it will let him keep his cards organized.
- A Golf-Set And A Golf Mat Are The Best Combination: You can see him play and relax together with his buddies during his leisure time or on weekends.
40th Birthday Celebration Ideas For Wife
The first tip for a spouse is not to crack sarcastic jokes about aging as she might take it the wrong way. Try and make her embrace her big 40th birthday by making it unforgettable. Also, never forget to consider her interests as she might prefer being simplistic over anything fancy. So, what are you waiting for? Take the chance and celebrate her big day!
- Organize A Romantic Getaway Dinner: When your wife is pretty low-key, it would be best to take her on a romantic dinner date.
- Book Her A Spa Appointment: The best way to pamper her is by booking her a salon service.
- Buy Her A Customized Set Of Hair And Beauty Care Products: A woman’s foremost preference for self-care products can be fulfilled by gifting her a customized set of beauty products.
- A Jewelry Gift Will Be Relished: This is a safe yet precious option to choose from. If she is an ardent jewelry lover, you can choose to engrave it with a birthstone, quote, or her name.
- Don’t You Think Cards Are A Good Idea?: For her 40th birthday, you can prepare a customized designer birthday card that would print her photo inside it. I swear, it would bring a smile to her beautiful face.
40th Birthday Trip Ideas
To make a milestone birthday memorable, you can plan trips or go on a vacation with your loved ones. Depending and reckoning on the budget, you can plan a one-night stay or a getaway trip for a week or so.
- Active Adventures: Hiking, trek, mountain climbing, and camping are deemed exhilarating adventures.
- Safari: If you are an animal lover, plan on going for safari journeys. You can enjoy sightseeing, nature as well as wild animals.
- Beaches: You can enjoy the sun and the sea together if you go to a beach.
- Historical And Cultural Sights: Some people yearn to visit places of historical significance, and cultural value as those sights prove to be enthralling for them.
40th Birthday Party Theme Ideas
Don’t you all agree that organizing a birthday party based on a theme makes it a lot more exciting and fun? Of course, it does. We tried to gather ideas for birthday party-related themes and listed them below for your convenience.
- Beer Theme Party: A beer bash inclusive of fun games and entertaining props based on beer themes can be a show-stealer.
- Retro Theme: A charming retro theme birthday bash will bring back all the memories of the past years that the person has lived and enjoyed.
- Beach Theme: For a summer birthday, get the full-on vibes of a beach by bringing in decorations such as a tropical drinks bar and organizing sandcastle competitions.
- Musical Theme: If the person is a music lover, plan a party based on their preference of musical genres, which can range from jazz to pop music. Hang pictures and play songs of the famous artists and bands belonging to the chosen genre.
40th Birthday Decoration Ideas
If you are someone with a potential for unleashing creativity, you can be the best at choosing the decorations keeping in mind how subtle or vibrant they need to be.
- Color Coordination: Try to keep the entire decoration limited to one or two particular hues. It will give an organized and vibrant look.
- Pastel Decor: With pastel-colored accessories and dresses, go for pastel balloons and streamers as well.
- Colored Lights: Based on the mood of the party you want to create, you can go for DIY setups.
- A Photobooth: Installing a photo booth at the party adds fun and brings smiles to people’s faces.
40th Birthday Food Ideas
In addition to the snacks, appetizers, meals, and drinks, you can plan on these ideas.
- Wine And Champagne Tasting: Invite the guests to taste different types of wine as well as champagne.
- BBQ Grill: A barbeque setup in your backyard will give way to a perfect night party.
- Dessert Buffet: Who would not like relishing something sweet after dining? To offer this, set up a table with Cupcakes, cakes, pastries, tarts, and other desserts.
- Food Stalls: A food truck, oriental food corner, or ice cream on wheels can be a bountiful addition to a party.
40th Birthday Game Ideas
Looking for some game ideas suitable for adults celebrating their milestone birthday? Here is a list of game ideas for the 40th birthdays.
- Trivia Night: What can be more interesting than a fun trivia night with drinks and food!
- Predicting The Future: Provide the guests with a paper and a pen and ask them to predict the life of the birthday girl or guy after five years or so.
- Karaoke Night Competition: You can add karaoke to the birthday celebration as well. Get competitive with karaoke and have fun with your friends.
Infographic: Top 8 40th Birthday Ideas To Surprise Your Partner
Your partner’s birthday is always special. And if they are celebrating their ruby jubilee, it calls for a special celebration. While the list we have shared above will give you plenty of ideas to make their day special, we have shortlisted the best 8 gift and celebration ideas to make the day memorable for them. Scroll down and check out the infographic.
Turning 40 is indeed something special. This is the time of your life when you are reaping the benefits of your hard work. While your busy work schedule may not allow you much time, this article gives you some of the best 40th birthday ideas to make your birthday a thundering celebration. You can organize a simple and beautiful romantic dinner at home with some games and wonderful decorations to celebrate your partner. If you want something adventurous, book a safari journey, or a comfortable stay at the beach. Whatever you decide, make sure you make it a memorable one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 40th birthday called?
The 40th birthday anniversary can be called a ruby jubilee.
What do you wear to a 40th birthday party?
You should wear dresses that give you a royal look to a 40th birthday party. Fabrics like satin, silk, chiffon, and velvet can be a good pick. Furthermore, keep the theme in mind while getting ready for a party.
What should I cook for my 40th birthday?
The food options are virtually endless. So, you should cook a dish that you enjoy and is also loved by most.
- The 40th birthday, or the Ruby Jubilee, is truly special.
- You can plan surprise theme parties, trips, and games to make the day unforgettable, exciting, and fun.
- Make sure you keep in mind the tastes and preferences of the person to make it a memorable day for them.