Sounds weird, right? But actually, it’s not! This is probably one of the most common fruits found in India and that is also probably why we don’t really relish it as much. But before throwing the banana peel into the bin, read this post to know its benefits. It will give you amazing results.
The flesh of the banana is rich in many nutrients and carbohydrates. It is high in vitamins B6, B12, magnesium and potassium. The sugar content is the highest when the banana peel turns black.
Let us quickly see the top benefits of banana peels.
Banana Peel Uses
1. Sparkling Teeth
Rub the banana peel every day for a week on your teeth for about a minute. This actually results in teeth whitening, which can cost a lot of money otherwise.
2. Removes Warts
The banana peel helps in removing warts and eliminates the occurrence of new ones. For this, simply rub the peel on the affected area or tie the peel overnight on it. This is one of the simplest ways to use a banana peel for the skin.
3. Eat Them
Banana peels can also be eaten. You can find amazing Indian recipes that use banana peels. They are also used to tender chicken.
4. Cures Pimples
Just massage banana peels on your face and body for 5 minutes every day to cure pimples. The results should be visible within a week. Keep applying the peels till the acne disappears.
5. Reduces Wrinkles
The banana peel helps to keep your skin hydrated. Add an egg yolk to a mashed banana peel. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 5 minutes. Wash off after 5minutes.
[ Read: Benefits Of Pineapples ]
6. Pain Reliever
Apply the banana peel directly on the painful area. Leave it for 30 minutes till the pain is gone. A mixture of vegetable oil and banana peel also helps in pain relief.
7. Heals Psoriasis
Apply the peel on the psoriasis affected area. The banana peel has moisturizing properties and also reduces itchiness. It will quickly heal psoriasis and you can see noticeable results within no time.
[ Read: Benefits Of Mangoes ]
8. Heals Bites By Bugs
Massage the peel on the mosquito bites to get instant relief from the itching and pain.
9. Shoes, Leather, Silver Polish
Rub a banana peel on shoes, leather, and silver articles to make them shine instantly.
10. UV Protection
Banana peel helps in protecting the eyes from the harmful UV rays. Make sure you leave the peel under the sun before rubbing the banana peel on your eyes. It is also proven to reduce the risk of cataracts.
[ Read: Orange Peel for Skin ]
Some Important Tips
1. Use a fresh banana peel for best results.
2. Never keep an unpeeled banana for long. Consume immediately after peeling. Also, the peel should be used immediately.
3. Store bananas in a cool, dry place and always keep them away from heat or sunlight.
4. Never store banana peels in a refrigerator.
5. Avoid throwing banana peels on the roads or public places. Use bins or save them for better purposes.
Hope you liked this post on benefits of banana peels. Do share your comments below.
- 6 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair and Health
- Diy: Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner
- Banana Face Pack For Winter Dry skin
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014
- 6 Donkey Kick Exercises For Firmer Buttocks - March 20, 2014