In our endeavor to stay healthy, we try different products. But many a times, we tend to overlook the goodness of natural ingredients. Here we can take the example of barley grass juice.
Barley grass is an amazing nutrient that has 30 times more vitamin and calcium found in cow’s milk. This nutrient is superior to Vitamin E in its functions and is useful in making the body alkaline. This amazing green food is one of the ingredients found in products like beer and bread. Used for centuries to achieve a healthy body, the grass has immense nutritional value. It aids in digestion. Containing chlorophyll, which is a natural detox, it helps the intestine to get rid of the toxins, keeping the body clean and healthy.
[ Read: Benefits of Barley ]
Table Of Contents
About Barley Juice
The juice of barley grass is regarded as an energy tonic. To reap the best barley grass juice benefits cut the grass when it reaches the height of 7-8 inches. The juice should be consumed to increase the immune system and to increase a healthy red blood count. These nutritional grasses can be grown easily. You can visit the nearest garden center or local food counter to buy it. If you plan to grow them at home, you will need:
- Growing Trays
- Organic Growing Mix
- Organic Barley Grass Seeds
- Spray Bottle
- Glass Jars
Benefits of Barley Grass Juice
Barley grass comes with a plethora of health benefits. Some of them are:
1. Help Lower Cholesterol:
Barley grass is known to reduce cholesterol in the body.
2. Control Blood Sugar Levels:
Can be taken to stabilize blood sugar levels.
3. Helps Alleviate The Inflammation:
Reduces inflammation in the body.
[ Read: Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipes ]
4. Helps Combat Ulcerative Colitis:
Reduces acidity and provides protection against ulcer.
5. Improves Skin Health:
It truly works wonders in taking care of your skin health.
6. Promote Weight Loss:
Consuming barley grass juice supports for a healthy weight loss. It contains a variety of nutrients and confers benefits like promoting weight loss.
7. Arthritis Relief:
Helpful to provide relief from arthritis pain.
8. Relieves migraines:
If you are suffering with frequent migraines, then drinking barley grass juice will relax blood vessels and prevents migraines.
9. Cellular Detoxification:
It helps in preventing cellular changes taking place in the body that are the cause of aging and cancer.
10. Prevents Blood Clots:
Helps to prevent blood clots. It contains a light weight vegetarian protein.
11. Improves Digestion:
Contains fibers that aid in digestion
12. Fights Aging:
The digestive enzymes present in the barley grass and the anti-oxidants are a defense mechanism that aid slowing down the aging process.
13. Eliminate Toxic Build Up:
Reduces toxic acid the build-up in the body.
14. Treats Gastrointestinal Issues:
As it is high in fiber content, it can be consumed to treat gastrointestinal problems.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Gastroenteritis ]
15. Boosts Red Blood Cell Levels:
Chlorophyll present in the grass is beneficial in boosting red blood cell levels. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
This wonderful herb can do wonders for the overall wellness of the body and provide the energy required by it. This juice can be consumed even by children and pregnant women as it is safe and natural. It does not contain any harmful toxins and is not known to have any adverse effect on the human body.
Facts About Barley Grass
- This natural grass if free from any additives and is safe to use.
- It helps to boost energy levels.
- The grass needs to be cultivated with care and it is usually grown in volcanic soil. It requires proper nourishment to grow well.
- It can be harvested only at the time the barley grass reaches the essence of nutrition.
- This rich source of anti-oxidant is free from pesticides and toxins. It is also a rich source of minerals and vitamins.
This complete protein food has important minerals and vitamins in it, such as calcium, beta carotene, Vitamin E, C and K, potassium, iron, phosphorous, Vitamin B, B2, B6 and B12 and magnesium. These 9 amino acids are essential for the cellular function of the body on a regular basis. This grass ensures a tremendous nutritional balance that is required for the body. It also protects the body from infections.
Gardening can be therapeutic. And when you spend time growing barley grass, you are getting two benefits at one go! So, grow some health in your garden this season and stay fit and happy!
Do you enjoy gardening? Have you ever grown barley grass? Do try it and share your experience with us in the comments section.
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Barley Water To Cure Kidney Stones
- 13 Best Benefits Of Cherry Juice For Skin, Hair And Health
- 5 Best Benefits Of Wheatgrass Juice For Skin, Hair And Health
Latest posts by Yaamini Radhakrishnan (see all)
- 10 Best Aerobics Classes In Mumbai - December 22, 2014
- 32 Amazing Benefits Of Watercress For Skin, Hair And Health - July 4, 2014
- 9 Effective Breathing Exercises For Clear And Healthy Lungs - July 2, 2014
- 9 Health Benefits and 4 Side Effects Of Cranberry Tea - June 16, 2014
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Chrysanthemum Tea - June 16, 2014