6 Amazing Benefits Of Butterfly Chest Workout
Build your stamina and shed those stubborn pounds with this important exercise.
The butterfly chest workout helps tone and strengthen your chest muscles. This workout targets the pectoral muscles to help you build them and tone your upper body. It is done seated on a weighted machine, and this workout strengthens your triceps and biceps. It might seem a bit difficult initially, so you must take it easy and keep at it to build that strength and stamina! To know more about the butterfly chest workout and how you should do it, read on!
In This Article
Functions Of Butterfly Chest Workout:
The pecs cover almost all the area over your chest. Because of this very reason, the butterfly workouts are mainly focused on exercises that will control the upper, middle, lower and inner chest area. Not just that, the move will work your biceps, triceps, and deltoids as well, giving you a toned and stronger upper body.
How Will You Do This Move With A Cable Machine?
Follow the below steps to perform the butterfly chest workout properly:
- Begin your workout by sitting on the cable machine. You should be comfortable, but not relaxed.
- Once you have adjusted your seat, make sure your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Extend your arms out by your side, and then push out the handles straight.
- Now bend your elbows gently. Your arms should be in front of your body now.
- Make sure you bring your knuckles close to each other. Your chest should be squeezed with pressure now, and then move the handles out.
- As you open your elbows and lift them, close your arms in such a way that you are flapping like a happy butterfly. This move should be controlled and slow.
- If you would like to try other positions, feel free to stand. This will be equally beneficial.
How Will You Do This Move Without A Cable Machine?
So you don’t have a machine? Don’t worry. You can still practice the butterfly workout!
In case you don’t have a cable machine to do the butterfly pose, you can do the same move using dumbbells. This is similar to the previous move. The only difference is the position. Dumbbells are equally effective and allow you to maintain your balance. Doing the butterfly maneuver using dumbbells will make your muscles tight and toned.
To do this move without the machine, follow the next few steps:
- Sit on a weighted bench and hold your face up.
- Hold the weights right above your chest and let your palms face one another.
- Now you need to bend the elbows. After that, lower the arms until you feel a good stretch in the chest area.
- Now move the dumbbells and bring it back to the first position. Now repeat as many times as you can.
- Now stop with the weights when you are pushing them up.
Benefits Of Butterfly Chest Workout:
If you have tried the butterfly chest move before, you must know how difficult it can be for beginners. However, it offers many benefits. Some of them are:
- The best part about the butterfly chest move is that it gives quick results and flatters your torso at the same time.
- It will increase your chest size and reduce the flabbiness.
- Your waist will look slimmer, since the upper body will be completely toned.
- When you tone up the chest muscles, the bust line will also see significant changes.
- Your fitness level will increase faster, and you will feel stronger.
If your flabby torso is giving you sleepless nights, it’s time to try the butterfly workout. It will not only tone your chest area but will make sure your entire upper body gets a proper shape.
Talk to your trainer to incorporate the butterfly chest exercises in your workout regimen today.
What exercise do you prefer for toning your upper body? Share with us in the comments section below.
Butterfly chest workout targets the pectoral muscles to help tone and strengthen the upper body. While it’s usually done seated on a cable machine, you can also make it work with dumbbells. Though a bit tough to begin with, it gives you results with a visible reduction in flab and sculpting of your upper body muscles. Include it in your workout routine to see the difference for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are butterfly curls?
Butterfly curls strengthen your chest. To perform this exercise, keep your knees aligned with your toes and bend your elbows. Then, rotate your arms out to the sides and curl the weights up to the sides of your shoulders. Return to the starting position and repeat.
How many chest exercises should I do per workout?
The ideal number of chest exercises per workout session should be 1-4.
- Butterfly chest workout increases chest size, flatters torso, and tones upper body.
- It reduces flabbiness, especially on the waistline, and makes us look slimmer.
- You can do the workout on a cable machine or with the help of dumbbells.
- This workout increases the overall fitness level.