If you are health-conscious, you must be familiar with olive oil and its many health benefits already. However, are you aware of the benefits of olive oil for your eyelashes? Yes, you read that right!
Just like castor oil is recommended for the healthy growth of your hair and eyebrows, olive oil can help enhance the natural beauty of your eyelashes.
People who are blessed with thick, long, curly eyelashes may not be bothered about applying mascara. However, those with thin, short, or straight eyelashes may want them to look fuller, longer, curlier, and more beautiful.
While the various kinds of mascara can compensate for whatever you feel is lacking, olive oil can help you to grow naturally thick and beautiful eyelashes instead! Don’t believe it? Why not try it for yourself and see the difference!
Since it is an all-natural oil, it is a way better option than the chemical-based mascaras or false stick-on eyelashes. We have listed the benefits of olive oil for eyelashes in this article. Read on to learn more about it and how to use it on your lashes. Scroll down!
[ Read: Olive Oil To Get Glowing Skin ]
The natural methods comprise the use of natural ingredients that are available at home and are safe to use.
The ingredient that tops this list is – olive oil!
In This Article
Olive Oil For Eyelashes
Olive oil is a power tonic, one of nature’s healing wonders that offers many health benefits. It is very good for hair and skin. Here are few benefits of using olive oil for eyelashes
- Olive oil is actually the fat obtained from the fruit of the Olea europaea (olive tree), a traditional tree crop found in the Mediterranean region, where whole olives are pressed to produce the oil (1).
- Olive oils are graded based on their extraction process and the acid contents in the pressed oil. The extra virgini XHighest grade olive oil distinguished by its low levels of free oleic acid (less than 1%). olive oil has just 1% acid content and the virgin olive oil has 3% acid content.
- These two types are obtained from the first pressing of the olives. Other types include fino, light, and pure, which are a blend of these oils or result of different processes.
- Olive oil has miraculous effects both on hair growth as well as on the quality and strength of the strands. It makes the hair softer. It also stimulates hair growth. According to a study conducted on mice, oleuropeini XA bitter compound found in the oil, leaves, skin, seeds, and flesh of green olives. present in olive oil helped regulate their hair growth (2). Just like olive oil makes hair grow healthier, it may also work on the growth of eyelashes.
- Olive oil is a natural resource of vitamins and nutrients, all of which are needed for healthy hair growth. With regular application of olive oil, your eyelashes will get proper nourishment.
- Olive oil makes the eyelashes grow thicker and fuller. Apart from that it can also be used as an eye makeup remover.
How To Use Olive Oil For Eyelashes
Now, the question is how to use olive oil for eyelashes growth. It is a simple method and takes hardly a minute or two.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and apply it to your lashes.
- Olive oil is heavy, so you have to be careful and take just a few drops.
- Leave the oil on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off with tepid water.
- This tepid water will remove all the races of oil from your eyelashes and leave them in a fabulous condition.
- This treatment has to be followed for 4 weeks to get the desired results.
You can also use the eyelash brush to apply the oil. Take a few drops on the eyelash brush and comb it through your eyelashes. Let it sit for a while and then follow the same procedure as stated above.
This regimen will yield better results if done at bedtime. Your eyes can get rest and the goodness of olive oil gets the chance to do its magic!
Tips On Using Olive Oil On Eyelashes
Follow the below tips when you use olive oil on eyelashes:
- Along with olive oil treatment, Vitamin E oil can also be used on the lashes. It is also important to remove eye makeup promptly to avoid damaging the hair follicles of the lashes.
- Healthy and nutritious diet should always accompany any natural treatment to achieve the best results. Additional Health supplements can also be taken to get those dark and thick lashes.
The fatty acids in olive oil possess several anti-microbiali XA substance that acts against microbes or microbial growth. , anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that help treat many ailments. Olive oil benefits your eyelashes too. It enhances the beauty of your eyelashes. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, which help nourish your eyelashes. In addition, applying olive oil can condition, smoothen, and thicken your lashes. You can easily apply this oil to eyelashes, and using it once per day is recommended.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Bioactive Compounds and Quality of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Topical Application of Oleuropein Induces Anagen Hair Growth in Telogen Mouse Skin