If you are health-conscious, you must be familiar with olive oil and its many health benefits already. However, are you aware of the benefits of olive oil for your eyelash care? Yes, you read that right!
Just like castor oil is recommended for the healthy growth of your hair and eyebrows, olive oil can help enhance the natural beauty of your eyelashes.
People who are blessed with thick, long, curly eyelashes may not be bothered about applying mascara. However, those with thin, short, or straight eyelashes may want them to look fuller, longer, curlier, and more beautiful.
While the various kinds of mascara can compensate for whatever you feel is lacking, olive oil can help you to grow naturally thick and beautiful eyelashes instead! Don’t believe it? Why not try it for yourself and see the difference!
Since it is an all-natural oil, it is a way better solution than the chemical-based mascaras or false stick-on eyelashes. We have listed the benefits of olive oil for eyelashes in this article. Read on to learn more about it and how to use it on your lashes. Scroll down!
The natural remedy comprises the use of natural ingredients that are available at home and are safe to use.
The ingredient that tops this list is – olive oil!
What Is It?
A greenish-yellow vegetable oil that is extracted from the fruit of the olive tree.
What Are Its Benefits?
It stimulates hair growth, nourishes the hair, and makes the eyelashes thicker and fuller.
Who Can Use It?
Anyone can use it except people with an olive allergy and those on blood pressure medication.
You can apply olive oil on your eyelashes once a day.
Excess use of olive oil may cause the eyes to burn or water and blurry vision.
In This Article
Olive Oil For Eyelashes
Olive oil is a power tonic, one of nature’s healing wonders that offers many health benefits. It is very good for hair and skin and is even used in cosmetic products. Here are few benefits of using olive oil for eyelashes
- Olive oil is actually the fat obtained from the fruit of the Olea europaea (olive tree), a traditional tree crop found in the Mediterranean region, where whole olives are pressed to produce the oil (1).
- Olive oils are graded based on their extraction process and the acid contents in the pressed oil. The extra virgini XHighest grade olive oil distinguished by its low levels of free oleic acid (less than 1%). olive oil has just 1% acid content and the virgin olive oil has 3% acid content.
- These two types are obtained from the first pressing of the olives. Other types include fino, light, and pure, which are a blend of these oils or result of different processes.
- Olive oil has miraculous effects both on hair growth as well as on the quality and strength of the strands. It makes the hair softer. It also stimulates hair growth. According to a study conducted on mice, oleuropeini XA bitter compound found in the oil, leaves, skin, seeds, and flesh of green olives. present in olive oil helped regulate their hair growth (2). Just like olive oil makes hair grow healthier, it may also work on the growth of eyelashes.
- Olive oil is a natural resource of vitamins and nutrients, all of which are needed for healthy hair growth. With regular application of olive oil, your eyelashes will get proper nourishment.
- Olive oil makes the eyelashes grow thicker and fuller. Apart from that it can also be used as an eye makeup remover.
How To Use Olive Oil For Eyelashes
Now, the question is how to use olive oil for eyelashes growth. It is a simple method and takes hardly a minute or two.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and apply it to your lashes.
- Olive oil is heavy, so you have to be careful and take just a few drops.
- Leave the oil on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off with tepid water.
- This tepid water will remove all the races of oil from your eyelashes and leave them in a fabulous condition.
- This treatment has to be followed for 4 weeks to get the desired results.
You can also use the eyelash brush to apply the oil. Take a few drops on the eyelash brush and comb it through your eyelashes. Let it sit for a while and then follow the same procedure as stated above.
This regimen will yield better results if done at bedtime. Your eyes can get rest and the goodness of olive oil gets the chance to do its magic!
Tips On Using Olive Oil On Eyelashes
Follow the below tips when you use olive oil on eyelashes:
- Along with olive oil treatment, Vitamin E oil can also be used on the lashes. It is also important to remove eye makeup promptly to avoid damaging the hair follicles of the lashes.
- Healthy and nutritious diet should always accompany any natural treatment to achieve the best results. Additional Health supplements can also be taken to get those dark and thick lashes.
Infographic: Simple Steps For Using Olive Oil On The Eyelashes
Natural beauty is always better than applying false lashes or thick mascara. If you have always been envious of people with naturally long and thick eyelashes, then it’s time to push aside the sorrow and try this organic hack — olive oil. A natural elixir, olive oil promotes hair growth and increases hair strength and shine.
Check out the infographic below for how to use olive oil correctly to grow your eyelash.
The fatty acids in olive oil possess several anti-microbiali , anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that help treat many ailments. Olive oil benefits your eyelashes too. It enhances the beauty of your eyelashes. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, which help nourish your eyelashes. In addition, applying olive oil can smoothen and thicken your lashes, and may also help in conditioning. You can easily apply this oil to eyelashes, and using it once per day is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of olive oil should I use for my eyelashes?
Use unadulterated pure extra virgin olive oil, rich in antioxidants and vitamins, for eyelashes.
Are there any potential interactions between olive oil and certain medications or supplements?
There might be negative potential interactions between olive oil and medications for high blood pressure. Please consult a doctor if you are on any medications before consuming olive oil or topically applying it over an ointment.
Does olive oil have any negative effects on vision or eye health?
No, olive oil does not have any negative effects on vision or eye health. Too much olive oil may cause the eyes to burn or water and blurry vision. However, this goes away within a few minutes.
- Olive oil is one of the best natural ingredients to grow eyelashes and make them fuller and longer.
- The oils from the first pressing of olives serve this purpose most efficiently.
- Apply olive oil with a cotton ball or an eyelash brush.
- Olive oil is a source of vitamins and nutrients like oleuropein that help in hair growth.
Learn how to use olive oil to nourish and strengthen your eyelashes! Watch this video to find out about simple steps to get longer, thicker lashes in no time.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Bioactive Compounds and Quality of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Topical Application of Oleuropein Induces Anagen Hair Growth in Telogen Mouse Skin