Meditation is one of the ways to attain peace of mind and higher awareness. It is known to reduce stress, strengthen the immune system and improve health. There are various types of meditation, and Silva method is one the popular meditations. In this article, we will talk about the Silva method of meditation.
This self help program was designed by Jose Silva. It provides learning of the guided imagery techniques to reduce negative thinking by ‘rewiring’ the subconscious mind. It is known to help one to tap into their complete potential and achieve the goals. In over 129 countries, this method is offered in seminars.
This meditation method is known to improve one’s self image and promote positive thinking. A sense of personal well being is achieved by relaxation and development of the brain.
[ Read: OM Meditation Benefits ]
What Is The Idea Behind Silva Meditation?
The Silva method is built on 3 principles and they are:
1. Alpha And Theta States Of Mind
These states refer to the brain wave states. When one is in alpha and theta state of mind, it is equivalent to meditation, and the person becomes capable to put their body in a state of conductive healing. In this state, the cells are known to repair themselves, stress is dissipated and the immune system is strengthened. This state of mind also helps one to get over negative habits, such as smoking, excessive drinking, etc. The person will also find it easier to overcome negative thoughts.
2. The Power Of Healing Imagery
Visualization of the end results is healing imagery. Once the person is in alpha or theta state of mind, healing imagery can be done. One thing to keep in mind here is to do the visualization in the present. The feeling that you want to materialize, should be felt in the present and not an imagination in the future. If you want to overcome pain, say in the abdomen area, you are required to feel that you don’t have any pain now.
[ Read: Benefits Of Soham Meditation ]
3. DBE Thought Process
DBE stands for Desire, Believe and Expect. The Silva method expects one to first develop a deep desire for the goal. This involves knowing what exactly is wanted. The next step is to believe with all your heart that it is possible to attain the goal. After that, there should be complete expectation of the goal to happen. This can be applied to small goals, minor health issues to major goals and severe issues. The DBE is based on the placebo effect. It can trigger self healing if the patient believes that he or she can be cured. The fact is that actual medical drugs are treated against placebo to check the effectiveness of the said drugs and that shows the power of placebo.
Benefits Of Silva Method Meditation:
The basis of the Silva method is teaching people to listen to their own body and controlling it using their mind. The skills that Silva method teaches are:
- Deep relaxation of both body and mind.
- Meditating immediately with eyes closed or open.
- Cure for Insomnia ─ Going to sleep in one minute.
- Pain control ─ Silva practitioners are able not to mind the intermediate pain, and can get cavities filled or receive colonoscopies without any anesthetics.
- Blood flow control, leading to primitive temperature control – ‘send heat’ to hands or places in the body. At advanced level, this can also be used to lessen blood flow to moderate cuts.
- Self-diagnosis of mental and emotional challenges.
- Memory replay of past events (useful for finding dropped keys, etc.).
- Intuitive understanding of subconscious sides of self (useful for overcoming blockages).
- Intuitive understanding of subconscious sides of others.
- Brainstorming and idea formation.
- Energy level control.
- Self-diagnosis of physical challenges.
- Increasing healing rates in self through visualization and laying-on of hands.
- Increasing healing rates in others.
- Increasing healing rates in others remotely.
- Remote viewing.
- Empathic telepathy.
- As you can see, the Silva method of meditation has numerous benefits ranging from telepathy to relaxing your mind and your body. One other significant benefits of practicing Silva method of meditation is controlling the pain. Chronic pain is one of the commonly observed ailments and through this method, one can learn to handle the pain. Speaking of common complaints, insomnia is also cured by following the Silva method of meditation.
[ Read: Benefits Of Eckhart Tolle Meditation ]
Keep in mind that meditation is one of the easiest ways to achieve peace of mind. Also remember that severe emotional response trigger physical diseases and by learning to manage your emotions and feelings, you can control the way your body functions. Methods like Silva meditation help you do just that. Please bear in mind that these Silva meditation techniques aren’t complete replacements to medical care. Exercise caution while you practice.
Now that you know the basics about Silva method, let us know if you’ll give it a try. Share your views by commenting below.
- 10 Simple Steps To Practice Walking Meditation
- 7 Simple Steps To Practice Chakra Meditation
- 5 Simple Steps To Practice Spiritual Meditation
- 10 Important Meditation Tips For Beginners
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- 15 Best Schwarzkopf Shampoos for 2021 - March 30, 2021
- 4 Best Ways Tamarind Helps You To Lose Weight - November 11, 2014
- 18 Amazing Benefits Of Silva Method Meditation - September 12, 2014
- 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Tamarind Leaves - August 14, 2014
- Olive Oil Vs Coconut Oil – Which Is Better? - July 15, 2014