Do you want soft, pink lips? Nothing works better than glycerin. Glycerin for lips is an excellent remedy. Forget about buying expensive lip balms from all those different brands that advertise how great their products are. As you know, glycerin works wonders for your skin, especially as a moisturizer for dry skin. It can be used in different ways to benefit your skin, and now, you can use it on your lips too.
For many people, dark lips are a major problem and it is mainly caused by dryness. With glycerin, you can get rid of the problem and make them look and feel great all year round!
Glycerin For Lips
Following are the ways glycerin can benefit your lips. Keep reading to check glycerin benefits for lips here!
1. Makes Them Soft:
As mentioned already, the moisturizing properties of glycerin make it the perfect remedy for dry, chapped lips. It is especially great for winter when lips are always chapped, and in some cases, bleed due to extreme dryness.
2. Makes Them Pink:
If you have dark lips, because of smoking or any other reason, you can get your pink lips back by using glycerin every day. Soak your lips in glycerin every night before you go to bed and you will see a noticeable difference in a very short time!
[ Read: How To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally ]
3. Keeps Lips Moisturized:
Your lips require a lot of care, just like your skin. It is important to keep them well-moisturized all day so that they look and feel great. Glycerin is better than any lip balm to keep your lips moisturized and hydrated.
4. Prevents Flaking And Bleeding:
One of the most common problems that come with dry lips is flaking and bleeding. In many cases, it can get so bad that it is embarrassing. With glycerin, you can heal your lips and prevent these problems as well.
5. Delays The Signs Of Aging:
Like your facial skin, the signs of aging can slowly affect your lips. Fine lines and blemishes are not exclusive to your skin. Glycerin can prevent these signs and make your lips smooth and supple.
6. Prevents Irritation:
When your lips are extremely dry, it can cause irritation. You can treat this problem and prevent it from occurring again with the help of glycerin. It is the best natural remedy for this problem.
7. Treats Mouth Ulcers And Sores:
Mouth ulcers and cold sores are problems that are often treated with medicated ointments. A much better and safer alternative is glycerin. When used topically, it is very effective for mouth ulcers. Sores too can be healed with this wonderful remedy.
8. Removes Blemishes:
Pigmentation on the lips is a problem faced by many people. It can be caused by exposure to the sun, makeup and poor care. With glycerin, you can remove pigmentation and have lips that look healthy and well-maintained.
9. Removes Dead Skin:
Glycerin has the ability to remove dead skin from your lips. When you use it every night, dead skin gets removed and new skin is revealed. When you get rid of dead skin, you make sure that new skin growth is stimulated, making your lips look great.
10. Makes Lips Healthy:
Glycerin is one of the best ways to get healthy lips. With its ability to moisturize, soften skin, prevent dryness and treat and prevent different problems, it is the top ingredient that can keep your lips healthy. By using it regularly, you can make sure that your lips stay in perfect condition throughout the year.
As you can see, there are multiple benefits to using glycerin on your lips. By making it a part of your daily beauty regimen, you not only take care of your facial skin but your lips as well.
How To Use Glycerin For Lips:
For soft and pink lips, there is nothing better than glycerin. It is also the best treatment for chapped as well as dark lips. Using it is simple and does not require a lot of fuss. Here are a few tips to help you make use of it to get the best results:
- Glycerin works very well with lemon juice, whether it is for your face or lips. Mix the two together to treat dry, chapped lips and prevent flaking and bleeding.
- The best time to use glycerin is at night. It does its work while you sleep, and moisturizes and hydrates your lips, making them feel amazing the next day.
- To exfoliate chapped lips, mix castor oil with glycerin. It works wonders and you will love the results.
- You can also use a mixture of glycerin, honey and lemon juice every day to make your lips moisturized and soft.
- Using lipstick every day can darken the lips quite a bit. To prevent this, use a small amount of glycerin before you apply lipstick. It will protect them not only from darkening, but also provide an added coat of moisture to help your lipstick glide on smoothly.
- You can make your own lip balm at home by mixing glycerin with pure Shea butter. Both these ingredients will do nothing but good for your kissers. As mentioned, you can also mix it with other ingredients like honey, castor oil, etc. to prevent different problems and keep lips healthy.
The great thing about glycerin is that you do not necessarily need to add other things to gain all of its benefits. It works excellently on its own and will make your lips look and feel good always.
Glycerin has many wonderful benefits for skin and hair, which is why you will find it in many products in the market. It is good for all skin types; so even if you have sensitive skin, you can use it without worry. When it comes to your lips, there is nothing that will take better care of them. You do not need to spend money on store-bought lip balms and other products to have healthy lips. Use glycerin every day to get lips that are soft, pink and kissable all year round!
How did you like this post? Do tell us by commenting in the box below.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 10 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yarrow Essential Oil - September 7, 2015
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- This Is Why You Should Try The Magnificent Monoi Oil - August 20, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015