Meditation is the ideal way to know yourself from within and rejuvenate and revitalize your mind and body. But did you know that practicing white light meditation for healing purposes is highly effective? This intense, self-care technique, also known as ‘Jyoti Dhyanai XAccording to Yoga, it is the seventh limb of the body that is required to achieve complete self-realization. ’ in Sanskrit, lets you enjoy and amplify your natural healing capacity and tap your wellness potential.
Doing Jyoti Dhyana every day enables you to achieve a true sense of tranquility and control your anger and emotions. Most importantly, you will be able to witness the feeling of oneness and a sense of enlightenment, spirituality, and purification. If you have no clue how to get started, don’t worry! You are in the right place for advice.
In this article, we discuss the top eight health benefits of white light meditation, how to master it, and some tips to make your life easier. Keep reading!
In This Article
How To Practice White Light Meditation:
You can follow the step by step instructions mentioned here and start practicing white light meditation right away:
- Sit in a quiet place.
- Sit in an upright position, spine, back, and neck straight. Choose a seated pose of your choice.
- Play some soft music to indulge in deep meditation in the background.
- Let your hands rest on the thighs with the tips of the thumb and middle fingers in touch.
- Close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths.
- Take a deep inhalation via your nose and exhale via your mouth.
- As you inhale, feel the air filling in your chest along with serenity and peace.
- As you exhale, expel all your negative emotions – stress, anxiety, worries.
- Do this 5 more rounds.
- Keeping your eyes closed, feel a pale blue light atop your head.
- Experience the warmth.
- Once you feel the warmth spreading, allow it to enter into your body, right through your brain.
- Let it flow in a clockwise way, allowing the light to cleanse your brain completely. Do this until you feel light.
- Now, let it flow into your Ajna chakra and slowly down through your Vissudha and Anahata into Manipura.
- Feel the energy filling in each of your Chakra, cleansing, and decongestingi XThe process or method of getting rid of congestion, which is a state of blockage in a passage, mostly nasal or anal. each one, before letting it flow out of it to the next.
- Once it descends into your Hara Chakra, feel the light swirl in a very quick manner, in the clockwise direction.
- Let it clean in a very aggressive and powerful manner. Experience the powerful light decongesting the clogged Solar Plexusi XAn intricate network of nerve fibers, vessels and veins through which a substance or stimulus flows. and revitalizing and recharging you.
- Now let it travel down and deep into your Mooladhara Chakra located within the base of your spine.
- Feel it swoosh, swirl, and clean in a very vigorous way. Let it keep cleaning until you feel completely light and recharged.
- Now, allow it to travel swiftly into your thighs, down the calves, and finally into your toes.
- Once this is over, you should allow light travel from the ground back into your head, in a straight line.
- Feel it moving swift across the seven powerful chakras and finally filling within your brain.
- Allow it to make a quick swirl, clockwise, and then feel it explode out through your head, leaving you totally calm and relaxed.
- Bring your hands at chest level and join the palms in Namaskar Mudra.
- Say a quick thank you for experiencing divine calmness.
- Rub your palms vigorously until palms get heated up.
- Place the palms on the closed eyes.
- Slowly, open the closed eyes to the palms and wait until it gets adjusted to the light.
- Open your eyes, feel relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated and positive.
Alison Gee, artist and blogger, shared her amazing experience with white light meditation. She was immersed in a deep state of meditation when a surge of energy shot up her spine, immobilizing her, and white light blinded her. In her blog, she writes, “I’m unsure if my eyes were open or closed, but my vision disappeared into a blinding white light, and an epic roaring sound rushed through my skull like a waterfall (i).”
Start with 10 minutes a day, slowly increasing the duration to 30 minutes.
What Are The Benefits Of White Light Meditation?
There are numerous benefits that you can obtain by practicing Jyoti Dhyana. Here are some of them:
- Improves and enhances your motivation.
- Empowers determination and endurance potential.
- Helps you focus better on your goals.
- Helps you adhere to your vision and achieve your goals.
- Improves your self confidence.
- Helps to overcome obstacles hindering your path to success.
- Helps you to have a clear thought process.
- Cleanses and clears your clogged core and thus, keeping you away from illness.
A study published in Healthcare showed statistically significant improvement in subjects’ moods over time when researchers tried to determine the use of bright white light therapy for depressive symptoms in cancer survivors. This graph indicates that when patients were in bright white light, their mood inclined towards not-at-all depressed as opposed to exposure to red, dim light.
Bright Light Therapy For DepressionSource: Clinical Usefulness of Bright White Light Therapy for Depressive Symptoms in Cancer Survivors: Results from a Series of Personalized (N-of-1) Trials
You just need 10 minutes a day to practice white light meditation. Since the results are better when you practice this at a relaxed state of mind, it is advisable to start doing this as soon as you wake up. Just make sure that you keep these pointers in your mind to get the best results:
- Always be patient.
- Be sincere.
- Never meditate expecting results.
- Keep negative thoughts always off your focus.
- Always be rimming with positive energy
- Meditate in a fully compassionate way.
Infographic: A Complete Guide To White Light Meditation
White light meditation, also known as Jyoti Dhyana, is gaining worldwide popularity because it provides various benefits like improving your focus and self-confidence. We have compiled a simple guide that lists its benefits and a step-by-step tutorial to help you incorporate this practice into your routine. Check out the infographic below to know more!
White light meditation or ‘jyothi dhyana’ is a great way to achieve a sense of purification and enlightenment. It helps in the rejuvenation of your body and mind and helps control your negative emotions like anger, anxiety, and stress. It involves activating each of the seven chakras and cleansing or decongesting them in a sequence. Enhanced motivation, mindfulness, and endurance, a focused approach toward goals, boosted self-confidence, clear and rational thinking, and a cleansed body are some of the major benefits of this meditative technique. Do this holistic meditation for at least 10 minutes a day with a relaxed state of mind to gradually transform yourself.
Do you meditate? What is your technique of meditation? Why don’t you share with us in the comments section?
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a white crown chakra mean?
White crown chakra refers to the oneness in the universe. It is pure and powerful.
What is healing light-guided imagery?
It is a guided meditation that uses visualization, breaths, and intention to promote healing from within.
Can white light meditation be used in conjunction with other healing modalities, such as acupuncture or massage therapy?
Yes, white light meditation is done in conjunction with other healing exercises such as acupuncture or massage therapy to promote relaxation, peace, and inner harmony. Consult an experienced practitioner when performing multiple healing therapies to avoid doing them wrong.
How can one maintain a consistent white light meditation practice, and what are some common challenges or barriers to overcome?
A seamless white light meditation practice requires calmness of mind and the environment. You may find yourself getting lost in the train of thought or distracted by outer noise. Sometimes the posture may cause discomfort. The key to avoiding these disturbances is to accept that it is normal. Take your time to adjust your position. If your mind wanders off, gently bring it back to the white light and continue. You will master this art of focus with practice.
Is white light meditation a form of spiritual or religious practice, or is it secular in nature?
White light meditation is not tied to religious practice. It is a secular practice meant to provide peace, strength, focus, and clarity to the mind and body.
- White light meditation is believed to amplify your natural healing capacity.
- It helps in relaxation and focus on your goals and improves your self-confidence and motivation.
- It clears the mind and helps you control your emotions.
- Meditate in a compassionate, sincere, and patient manner to get the best results.
Experience the power of white light-guided meditation in this video. Relax and let the energy of the universe flow through you and feel the peace and tranquility of the moment. Check out the video now!